• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' Truths savagewind and kjw47

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
According to you, dear kjw, the Jehovah's Witnesses are right because they alone teach "Jesus truths". Do you want to talk about it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe we can start by stating the four most important truths of Jesus Christ.

Do you want me to start?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What did Jesus Christ teach? He taught the love of God and Man. Humankind. There is not a whole lot about the love of animals in the Bible other than the human being animal.

Let's start with a question. Are Jesus' truths found anywhere in the Bible or they only what Jesus is said to have said?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I will bump this up to the top often as I understnd you must beware of the bad associations that we might be.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
dear Savage,
You don't really want my comments on this subject do you ?
I probably think not.
~
What did Jesus think about the probability of dinosaurs ?
What about flightless birds ?
Or....flying rodents ?
~
Just kidding around......I'll get out of here now....have fun.
~
'mud

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
dear Savage,
You don't really want my comments on this subject do you ?
I probably think not.
~
What did Jesus think about the probability of dinosaurs ?
What about flightless birds ?
Or....flying rodents ?
~
Just kidding around......I'll get out of here now....have fun.
~
'mud

Of course. Are you teaching? The Jehovah's Witnesses are teachers. I think it is important to know what they are teaching.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are Jesus' truths the things he taught or do you mean Jesus' truths are what the Bible taught?

You say the governing body are the only ones who teach "Jesus' truths". The Bible teaches Jesus' truths. Other churches do. Theologians do. Other people on the forum do. We want to know which are the ones that only the governing body teach. Please.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
dear Savage,
I think you have to try to focus your following of Jesus' real truths,
not in the shallow promises of obedience to so called leaders that are imposters to their own beliefs.
They are phonies in their pretentious demands and will lead you astray.
Try following your own thoughts and the message that Jesus taught, not the loose interpretations of the pretentious leaders.
Find yourself a proper place into which you can follow the real teachings of Jesus, do well to others, and to yourself.
You need not follow the phonies, they know nothing of your deeply felt wishes, and your God's feelings.
Worship as you feel, and ignore the lieing pretenders, at that, you will do well, doing to others as Jesus wants you to do.
~
But what do I know, I never listened to the Nuns either, let alone the Priests. :areyoucra
~
Good luck with your quandry, ignore Paul, follow Jesus, and pray to your creator.
~
'mud

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thank you!

I have a question for the Jehovah's Witnesses. If the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses ever changed their minds about the nature of the relationship between Jesus and Jehovah would you stay with them? Or would you apostasize?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is more likely?

Jesus saying "Now that I am leaving the world's scene and no part of it, go to all the nations being, like you are, this:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

baptize everyone who is blessed and teach whoever will hear you about making God your confidence for God's will be done

OR

You go! [where - I won't say - just go!] therefore [I just like adding extra words for no reason] Make people like yourself which is blessed. Make them be blessed too. [how Lord? - I'm not going to tell you that either] baptize them, and of course the correct baptism won't be a requirement until almost the end. If someone is already baptized and it isn't by the faithful and discreet slave, do it again.

and I am with you, but not really because I won't be present until around 1800 and something.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I want to know why it is written "therefore". Please ask the elders to ask the traveling overseer to ask the govening body why did Jesus say "therefore"?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What are Jesus' truths that are missing from everyone who believes in Jesus Christ except for the Jehovah's Witnesses? You might say the regular going door to door to make disciples but I think Jesus didn't say that!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You (kjw47) have given a name to the teachings of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses who you believe are the ones to have been prophesied by Jesus Christ at Matthew 24:45 which name is "Jesus' Truths". Is this correct?

I think I know the answer to my question which was what teachings are they. Are they the words attributed to Jesus or the whole Bible? It's the whole Bible. Right?

The Bible shows us that angels are able to make bodies and dwell on the earth. For instance they came to Abraham and ate with him and they came in Noah's days to have sex. The governing body have published that the angels no longer do that. You say they teach only what it is the Bible. So, where is it in the Bible which says angels no longer visit the earth in bodies?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'd like to point out a deliquency on your part and on the part of all the other Jehovah's Witnesses on site. You say the governing body teach Jesus truths. You all have disfellowshipped me but the governing body have (has?*) not. If I am not disfellowship by them then I am not disfellowshipped by Jesus Christ. Can you explain to me this?

*I don't know. What do you think? Is governing body singular or plural?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They are or it is? I think it might be in competition with the confusing trinity doctrine. Is it one or is it eight?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just in case you don't know what I mean. The governing body know something that is not in the Bible which is angels don't make bodies to dwell on the earth since sometime past. Why don't they know that I should be disfellowshipped?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do they not know where I am?

Another poster on forum says I should turn myself in. Where is that truth found in the bible?