• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JESUS proves REINCARNATION to his Chosen

Freelancer7

THe Story of Jesus and a few Desciples at Mount Hermon Mount Hermon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia why did Jesus only pick these three to prove Reincarnation to??? Was it Reincarnation??? Or had Moses and Elijah reached spiritual perfection in there day where they lived for ever by doing Gods asking in their day, if so would they be around now??? If jesus was raised and made the second sacrifice of leaving loved ones behind after being raised to go and find and create the future 'camp of saints' in some Beloved city.
Were they Reincarnated souls, secondly I do not believe that Jesus is Jehovah, If Jesus had a Kid that was bleeding to death, then I am sure he would give his own blood to save his own child (or would he ask his Father first, or would he go with his Fathers gut instinct)??!! But I love to see members views.

Dunemeister

To be reincarnated, one needs to be more than a spirit, I think. The Moses and Elijah that met Jesus on the hill were not physical, at least the church (which first promulgated the story) has never considered them to be physical. So they were spirits, not reincarnated.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I agree. In the story, Moses and Elijah disappear, which a human being cannot do.

Heneni

Miss Independent
THe Story of Jesus and a few Desciples at Mount Hermon Mount Hermon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia why did Jesus only pick these three to prove Reincarnation to??? Was it Reincarnation??? Or had Moses and Elijah reached spiritual perfection in there day where they lived for ever by doing Gods asking in their day, if so would they be around now??? If jesus was raised and made the second sacrifice of leaving loved ones behind after being raised to go and find and create the future 'camp of saints' in some Beloved city.
Were they Reincarnated souls, secondly I do not believe that Jesus is Jehovah, If Jesus had a Kid that was bleeding to death, then I am sure he would give his own blood to save his own child (or would he ask his Father first, or would he go with his Fathers gut instinct)??!! But I love to see members views.

No I dont think they were reincarnated souls. I dont know how they got there on the mount but they were not born from around there. Moses did not enter the promised land in his human form, so therefore not in his 'reincarnated' body either. I think the general idea was that moses would not enter the promised land but instead enter a greater promised land in heaven. So....no moses was not there as a human. Otherwise god would have gone back on what he said to moses about not going into the promised land. So it was his spirit.

Also, i dont have time to look up all the references but for those that have the time and the patience: After moses and elijah appeared to jesus, jesus started to teach about moses and elijah and the prophets. I dont recall him doing much of that before he met them on the mount. I dont know if that is co-incidence :shrug: Maybe the meeting on the mount had something to do with it.

Freelancer7

To be reincarnated, one needs to be more than a spirit, I think. The Moses and Elijah that met Jesus on the hill were not physical, at least the church (which first promulgated the story) has never considered them to be physical. So they were spirits, not reincarnated.

Does this mean that you expect Christ on a possible return , to be in Spirit, not in a Biological shell?? Just an apparition???

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Seems to me the Bible merely says Jesus will return.

Though I will freely admit that I may be wrong.
Do you have verse(s) that would indicate Jesus will be reincarnated?

McBell

So you are unable to present the actual verses?
Take your time.
I can wait.

Just_me_Mike

Jesus will return in a spiritual body. It will be in deed be a body, and a spirit. This is what awaits all the children is a new body to go with our new souls.

These verses talk a little bit about it for those interested.
1st Corinthians ch 15
"50": Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
"51": Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
"52": In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
"53": For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
"54": So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Renji

Ofcourse He can't be Jehovah. The word itself was not mentioned on the original hebrew text .:D

Freelancer7

The following, just for you Mestemia. Not only does it give his new name but explains he will also give the name of his God, Taken from The Holy Bible (King James version)

EDITED FROM REVELATION 3

'. 10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.'

Last edited:

McBell

The following, just for you Mestemia. Not only does it give his new name but explains he will also give the name of his God, Taken from The Holy Bible (King James version)

'. 10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.'
Um...
Perhaps I am missing it...
This merely furthers my point...
That Jesus merely said he was coming back, nothing about his being in spirit form or human firm, or even in lizard form.....

Freelancer7

Why do you think that godd ol 'JC states in Revelations, "to the one that is witness to these passings, surely I come quickly??"

McBell

One thing at a time.

You have yet to explain how the verses you present explain in what form he will be when he returns..

ayani

the meeting with Moses and Elijah on the mountain make it clear that they are Moses and Elijah- not reincarnated forms of these men.

we can conclude that God allowed these men to appear with Jesus on the mount to the disciples, and that God called them back to Himself after the encounter was over. there is nothing to indicate that Moses and Elijah were merely spirits without bodies.

there are other cases of men coming and going in the flesh by God's command or power. Jesus does this often after He is resurrected from the dead. He even enters a room with a locked door- not as a "ghost" but as a risen Man in a glorified body.

ayani

regarding Jesus' return.

we read in the Gospels themselves that Jesus was riased from the dead physically, in His own body. a body which had been glorified and was now new in the resurrection. He was still a Man with a body, but able to appear and go as He chose.

Jesus says that He will come on clouds of glory, just as He went. in other words, Jesus will come as Himself, in the same glorified and risen body the disicples saw and touched.

Freelancer7

One thing at a time.

You have yet to explain how the verses you present explain in what form he will be when he returns..
I honestly do not think he had time to explain that when he did put the revelation across to St.John the Devine, the same as he did not explain about he and the Father being one that well, or if he did the texts have been taken away. I have text from another source that is not even mentioned in the bible, like many things that have been taken away or added, which is naughty indeed.

Freelancer7

regarding Jesus' return.

Jesus says that He will come on clouds of glory, just as He went. in other words, Jesus will come as Himself, in the same glorified and risen body the disicples saw and touched.

So where do you think he is right now as I write, sitting on a cloud???