• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus on doomsday

joeboonda

Linus said:
[/font][/size][/font]
Here, yes, Jesus is speaking of His second coming. No problem there. But...

[/u][/b][/i]When Jesus says, "This generation shall not pass away until all be fulfilled," he is speaking about the fulfillment of the Jewish Law and the arrival of a new Kingdom, the spiritual Kingdom. The subject of His speech changes.

[/u]
Actually there is plenty of context. You have to read the following verses. He is speaking of His transfiguration. Peter, James, and John all saw heaven from a distance when they saw Jesus' transfiguration. That is what He speaks of here.

[/u]

This passage once again does indeed refer to the second coming, But only up through verse 27. Starting in verse 28 He begins the parable of the fig tree again. Referring to the fulfillment of the Law and the arrival of the Lord's spiritual Kingdom.

Isn't there a difference between "the Glory of His father" and "His Kingdom"? I believe there is. He speaks of the Second Coming and then he shifts his speech to that of the (spiritual) Kingdom. Does this explain my position on this subject? I understand that there are times when He is referring to the Second Coming, but other times he is simply referring to something else (something that will happen immediately, i.e. the transfiguration orthe arrival of a spiritual kingdom) .
Good job, Linus, Frubals to you. It is common theology that the kingdom of God is here now, Jesus had to die first, and at pentecost the Holy Spirit was given, Peter preached the gospel, and the church started, we are the kingdom of God. It is not difficult to tell when Jesus talked of end time events, and events closer to his time, like the fall of Jerusalem, and the scattering of the Hebrew people, he got that right. He got em all right. Linus, these guys DO NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS, I fear they never will. But keep posting, there are still some hearts able to recieve the goodnews. God bless you, man, keep it up.