• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus , Krishna- which of the two is the supreme-god?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I don't have that problem...

Neither do I. My Satguru, a staunch Saivite, gets invited as a guest to help open Sri Vaishnava temples, his 3 Saiva stripes and all. Lots of Saivas and Vaishnavas aren't fundamentalist at all, but those are the ones we hear about. Either its because they're the ones that make the most noise, or they're the ones the press focuses on because of the noise. Personally, I think the rivalry is largely a myth.

Ellejay

Please
Regards
So annoying. Neither are gods they are both manifestations of God on earth. They are sent to teach and both are part of the Adamic cycle, sent for a specific group of people. We are now at the beginning of a new era sent for the universe, all of us. I feel like slapping u all in the face but God would not like that, He's much nicer than me. Wake Up!

godnotgod

Thou art That
Both Jesus and Krishna, as well as Everything in the entire Universe, is the Supreme God, or Absolute, playing itself as Jesus, Krishna, and the world, and that includes, of course, you and I.

"The Universe is The Absolute, as seen through the glass of Time, Space, and Causation"
Vivekenanda

godnotgod

Thou art That
There is only one God the Father and his Son who came from him and into this world to save everyone because God loves you. Krishna is a created being who died and will be judged by the Son just like everyone else. Krishna did not die to absolve any sins, nor was he God, but just a mortal being like anyone one of us.

You're just mindlessly mouthing authoritarian dogma, without actually understanding what you're saying. :p

nasheayahu

Natsariym of Yah'usha
NONE! All three jesus,krishna and god are the Nephilim from shamayim, the shatonyim of Yah'uah! Outlaws of His Kingdom!..

miodrag

Concepts of God in Christianity and Hinduism are not compatible, so the two cannot be compared. Whatever was Trinity supposed to be, and regardless any other concept of God, Krishna is THE God, at least that is the Hindu concept of THE God: kṛṣṇas tu bhagavān svayam ... That means Krishna is the Supreme and any other concept of God is inferior.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Concepts of God in Christianity and Hinduism are not compatible, so the two cannot be compared. Whatever was Trinity supposed to be, and regardless any other concept of God, Krishna is THE God, at least that is the Hindu concept of THE God: kṛṣṇas tu bhagavān svayam ... That means Krishna is the Supreme and any other concept of God is inferior.
I'm fairly certain that a very high percentage of Hindus will disagree, or at least refuse to agree with that.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A lot of Hindus will disagree. Some followers of Krishna may believe this, bUT others do not ( saiva, sakta, advaita, nyaya-vaisesika, mimansikas, samkgya yogins, tantrika-'s ............. ).

miodrag

I'm fairly certain that a very high percentage of Hindus will disagree, or at least refuse to agree with that.
No doubt. I am fairly certain that a very high percentage of Hindus are in fact atheists or Advaitins or pagans in their hearts. It is sufficient that one branch of Vaishnavism represents Hinduism by teaching this concept.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
No doubt. I am fairly certain that a very high percentage of Hindus are in fact atheists or Advaitins or pagans in their hearts. It is sufficient that one branch of Vaishnavism represents Hinduism by teaching this concept.
You realize that Advaita is a Hindu concept? And that there is no good reason why a Hindu should not be an atheist or a pagan?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What kind of utter nonsense is this? By what basis or justification you are limiting the term Hindu to Vaisnavism may I ask?

arthra

Baha'i
Please
Regards

Thanks for presenting an interesting topic! Baha'is recognise both Krishna and Jesus as Manifestations of God. As Manifestations They reflect perfectly the Light radiating from the Central Orb of the universe to the creation.

In the Bhaghavad Gita Chapter Four Krishna announces:

When Righteousness
Declines, O Bharata! when Wickedness
Is strong, I rise, from age to age, and take
Visible shape, and move a man with men,
Succouring the good, thrusting the evil back,
And setting Virtue on her seat again.

Bhagavad Gita (Edwin Arnold tr)

I learned this years ago after reading the Gita and finding Bhakti devotion to the Supreme Being.

Abdu'l-Bahá said: The Message of Krishna is the message of love. All God's prophets have brought the message of love. None has ever thought that war and hate are good. Every one agrees in saying that love and kindness are best.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, p. 35

To Israel He was neither more nor less than the
incarnation of the "Everlasting Father", the "Lord of
Hosts" come down "with ten thousands of saints"; to
Christendom Christ returned "in the glory of the Father";
to Shí'ah Islam the return of the Imam Husayn; to Sunni
Islam the descent of the "Spirit of God" (Jesus Christ); to
the Zoroastrians the promised Shah-Bahram; to the
Hindus the reincarnation of Krishna; to the Buddhists
the fifth Buddha.

- Shoghi Effendi

Radha Ramana Das

Krishna is the God. This confirmed by the Vedic scriptures such as Bhagavata Purana and Bhagavad-Gita. Great sages of India such as Narada, Asita, Devala, and Vyasa who have experienced God have confirmed that Krishna is God. Krishna activities since His childhood demonstrated that he is God. You can experience that Krishna is God by chanting this mantra Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

We see Jesus as a sakti avesa avatar. Which means a soul who is empowered by God or you could say a pure son of Krishna.

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
According to Christianity, Jesus is the son of God.

According to Hinduism, Krishna IS God (though not all Hindus consider Him to be the original form).

Whether one concept is true and other false, well, maybe we'll all find out in the afterlife or maybe not...

If I can choose which one seems more God-like and who I would really prefer to be God then obviously Krishna. I tried to think of the best word to describe how Krishna seems to me and the word I came up with is: Complete.

0c04f49.jpg

file

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The words do convey the point. Please
Regards

What point?

You decided they are prophets regardless ofnour answers especially pfnthose of that faith. A hindu and christian would lnow the answer before you do. They answered your question, are ypu challenging their belief? Learning?

Please
Regards

I would suggest neither! Jesus was made into 'God' as a theological convenience by the early 'church' that allowed for the development of worship rituals necessary for an institutional 'church' to take form. I cannot speak with any valid opinion on Krishna, but Jesus was not God, but the last of a prophet line, sent to the Jewish tribes of his time, to correct their understanding of God. A correction that so threatened the Jewish temple structures and the credibility of the priestly class and hierarchy, that to stop the spread of Jesus teaching, he had to die. All that exists today in the name of Jesus is theological counterfeit. No more than paganism with scriptural spin on top!