• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Isn't Returning

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Jesus isn't coming back because his Spirit, his being, is already here in all of us? The spiritually dead just don't recognize/understand that per

Matthew 28:20 and John 14:20

That loving Spirit hasn't gone anywhere?

Last edited:

Redemptionsong

Jesus isn't coming back because his Spirit, his being, is already here in all of us? The spiritually dead just don't recognize/understand that per

I recommend that you look at all the scripture on this topic!

Matthew 7:13,14. 'Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be which find it.'

This tells us quite clearly that Christ is not 'in all of us'! To receive the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ, one must repent and believe in Jesus as 'God with us'.

Jesus emphasises his own exclusivity in the words, 'no man cometh unto the Father, but by me'. [John 14:6] Truth is a narrow way.

Secondly, although, according to scripture, Jesus Christ, the risen Lord, will not appear a second time in the flesh, his spiritual appearance 'in the clouds' will be seen by many.

Acts 1:11.'..this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven'.

Jesus ascended in a spiritual body, and will return in a spiritual body (which has form and appearance).

1 Thess.4:16. 'For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ will rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.'

Zechariah 14:5. '...and the LORD my God shall come , and all the saints with thee'. [1 Thess. 3:13]

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Matthew 7:13,14. 'Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be which find it.'
Maybe the narrow gate is actually putting his teachings into action. Like being doers instead of hearers only.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member

"So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him."

"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord."

"Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen."

AdamjEdgar

esus ascended in a spiritual body, and will return in a spiritual body (which has form and appearance

How do you get spiritual body from his ascention in Acts?

'this same Jesus" is the person who said to doubting Thomas in the upper room,

John 20: 27Then Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.”

Is it usually claimed that an individual can put their finger into the side of a spiritual body and touch wounds?

When we look at the fall of Adam and Eve, we notice that the consequences of sin were both physical and spiritual.

Redemption is same...a physical and spiritual process.

I think your theology is wrong there.

Last edited:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
This tells us quite clearly that Christ is not 'in all of us'! To receive the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ, one must repent and believe in Jesus as 'God with us'.

As God "within" us. ;-)

Understanding scripture as metaphor or in psychological terms does muddy the water, but it removes much of the contradiction and adds necessary depth to those who want to actually taste the fermented fruit of the cross (the Tree of Life and Death) and not just worship it.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Jesus emphasises his own exclusivity in the words, 'no man cometh unto the Father, but by me'. [John 14:6] Truth is a narrow way.

Secondly, although, according to scripture, Jesus Christ, the risen Lord, will not appear a second time in the flesh, his spiritual appearance 'in the clouds' will be seen by many.

Acts 1:11.'..this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven'.

Jesus ascended in a spiritual body, and will return in a spiritual body (which has form and appearance).

1 Thess.4:16. 'For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ will rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.'

Zechariah 14:5. '...and the LORD my God shall come , and all the saints with thee'. [1 Thess. 3:13]
Actually christ and the power to love is within all. Some choose to love some more than others and ignore the hypocrisy holding two different standards. It's not that complicated

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus isn't coming back because his Spirit, his being, is already here in all of us? The spiritually dead just don't recognize/understand that per Matthew 28:20 and John 14:20
Although John 14:19 says the world will behold Jesus No more.
At Acts of the Apostles 10:40-42 God allowed spirit-body resurrected Jesus to become shown openly.
Manifest seen until resurrected spirit-person Jesus ascended to heaven - Acts of the Apostles 1:9
Thus, heavenly Jesus is with us as Head of the Christian congregation no matter where located on Earth.
The figurative 'sheep' will prove to his at Jesus' coming Glory Time of separation on Earth - Matthew 25:31-34,37

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
"So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him."

"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord."

"Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen."
Cloud like thought appear to the inner eye. It doesn't say everyone will see him in the same space/time. It's subjective because many have come and gone. And many are still to come. But not all will overcome the first death, spiritual death.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Although John 14:19 says the world will behold Jesus No more.
At Acts of the Apostles 10:40-42 God allowed spirit-body resurrected Jesus to become shown openly.
Manifest seen until resurrected spirit-person Jesus ascended to heaven - Acts of the Apostles 1:9
Thus, heavenly Jesus is with us as Head of the Christian congregation no matter where located on Earth.
The figurative 'sheep' will prove to his at Jesus' coming Glory Time of separation on Earth - Matthew 25:31-34,37
Jesus said he had to go away. If he didn't the Seeker would never realize John 14:20. Why? Very simple. They would idolize this idea of Jesus. A man. The focus is on the father and the realization with the father as one is atonement, is I and the father are one.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Cloud like thought appear to the inner eye. It doesn't say everyone will see him in the same space/time. It's subjective because many have come and gone. And many are still to come. But not all will overcome the first death, spiritual death.
Lol, yeah, right!

Read Revelations.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Lol, yeah, right!

Read Revelations.
I have. Used to be my favorite. Song of Solomon is now my fave.

I have the fathers name in my head. Anointed/baptized in the name.

Revelation 3:12

You see? I'm on the inside you're outside looking in. I was once like you but here is where the story ends

Revelation 14:1

Redemptionsong

How do you get spiritual body from his ascention in Acts?
The changes that take place in a resurrected body are fully explained by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15.

V.44. 'lt is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit'.

The thinking is really very straight forward. The kingdom cannot be entered with flesh and blood.

1 Corinthians 15:50. 'Now, this l say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption'.

Redemptionsong

As God "within" us. ;-)

Understanding scripture as metaphor or in psychological terms does muddy the water, but it removes much of the contradiction and adds necessary depth to those who want to actually taste the fermented fruit of the cross (the Tree of Life and Death) and not just worship it.
Immanuel, or 'God with us'.

To taste of the fruit brought by Christ one must be 'born again' of his Spirit.

John 3:7. 'Marvel not that l said unto thee, Ye must be born again'.

True worship is in spirit and truth, is it not?

Redemptionsong

Actually christ and the power to love is within all. Some choose to love some more than others and ignore the hypocrisy holding two different standards. It's not that complicated
The love of man is not the love of God.

The Shema states, 'Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might'.

Is this God's love, or man's love? [Clearly the latter!] Man's love manifests itself as the righteousness of man under the law. In other words, man's love towards God is manifest in works of self-righteousness.

Here are the words of John:
1 John 4:9-11. 'ln this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another'.

For man to love as God wishes us to love, in spirit and truth, we must be born again from above. This means receiving the power of God's love, the Holy Spirit. It comes to us from Christ, and him alone!

Last edited:

Redemptionsong

Maybe the narrow gate is actually putting his teachings into action. Like being doers instead of hearers only.
I agree with you. But to be a tree that bears good fruit one must be a good tree 'at source'.

The seed that bears good fruit is the seed promised to Abraham, and that seed is Christ.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The love of man is not the love of God.

The Shema states, 'Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might'.

Is this God's love, or man's love? [Clearly the former!] Man's love manifests itself as the righteousness of man under the law. In other words, man's love towards God is manifest in works of self-righteousness.

Here are the words of John:
1 John 4:9-11. 'ln this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another'.

For man to love as God wishes us to love, in spirit and truth, we must be born again from above. This means receiving the power of God's love, the Holy Spirit. It comes to us from Christ, and him alone!
A person's spirit comes from God. Glorify God in your body it is said. You, the personality, doesn't exist.

Again, as I have continually repeated, unless you are christened, baptized, anointed in the name you can't enter the kingdom.

You were told to pray our Father who art in heaven "hallowed" be thy name.

Revelation 3:12

Revelation 14:1

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Immanuel, or 'God with us'.

To taste of the fruit brought by Christ one must be 'born again' of his Spirit.

John 3:7. 'Marvel not that l said unto thee, Ye must be born again'.

True worship is in spirit and truth, is it not?

There are two births and two deaths.

The first death is the spirit being entombed in the earthly flesh. The physical birth into the earthly plane, experience. He who overcomes the 1st death the 2nd death, the death of the physical, earthly body has no power over them.

Revelation 20:6