• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is god

kjw47

I'm against sin. The sin (iniquity) those in Matt. 7 committed was trusting in their own "works of iniquity" or "dead works" as Paul describes them or their "works of righteousness are as filthy rags" as Isaiah called them, instead of trusting in Christ's finished work on the cross to have paid for their sins. Everyone must trust that Christ paid their sin-debt on the cross to be freely saved, then the Holy Spirit works in their life as they grow in grace to become more like Jesus as they mature and overcome sin. One day we will all be changed and be completely free of sin. Until then, every Christian will battle the sin-nature, some better than others, and their life will show it and their reward and position will be greater here-after. But, those who trust in their own self-righteousness and "good" works to save themselves or somehow "earn" salvation are in for a big disappointment. That is because only Jesus was able to pay our sin debt and salvation is a free gift, not of works, it cannot be earned, it is unmerited, undeserved, that no man may boast. That is my belief and I believe that is the clear teaching of the Bible if we study correctly and entirely.

I see where you could believe that but you left out a couple of very imporant truths-- Acts 3:19-- repentence gets sin blotted out-- so that is saying it takes more than just Jesus dying to cover sins. Also Paul taught at Hebrews 10:26-- that Jesus sacrafice doesnt count for practicers of sin--which is what Jesus was actually telling those at Matt 7:21-23--and its obvious that Jesus dying did not cover those peoples sins. And heres the tough one for most to believe--1 John 3 is like a mirror for all to peer into-- and it teaches who actually is a child of God and who is a child of the devil--- it teaches--It is impossible for a child of God to practice even one sin.----- a righteous person lives by this simple teaching of Jesus-- Man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance of Gods.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Mod Post

DIR's are not to be used for debate.

Further debate may result in closure of this thread and/or infractions.

javajo

I see where you could believe that but you left out a couple of very imporant truths-- Acts 3:19-- repentence gets sin blotted out-- so that is saying it takes more than just Jesus dying to cover sins. Also Paul taught at Hebrews 10:26-- that Jesus sacrafice doesnt count for practicers of sin--which is what Jesus was actually telling those at Matt 7:21-23--and its obvious that Jesus dying did not cover those peoples sins. And heres the tough one for most to believe--1 John 3 is like a mirror for all to peer into-- and it teaches who actually is a child of God and who is a child of the devil--- it teaches--It is impossible for a child of God to practice even one sin.----- a righteous person lives by this simple teaching of Jesus-- Man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance of Gods.
Sorry, I cannot debate here, did not realize it was a dir. Another place, another time then. Peace.

Mod Post

DIR's are not to be used for debate.

Further debate may result in closure of this thread and/or infractions.
Sorry, tumbleweed, did not realize...my bad. They all run together after a bit, ya know?