• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is god

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
What makes you to believe that jesus was/is god and that you have to worship
him (Jesus) in order to survive ?

roberto

Did the Torah mention that Yahweh is 3 parts
How many "parts" are you made out of and arn't we made in His image ?
Same as a vehicle......many parts ...one vehicle.
Cannot separate the parts from the vehicle otherwise it does not function.

Last edited:

Jensen

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

12:32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

We see here that he did not claim to be God, but that another is, and that the scribe called Jesus Master, and not God, when if Jesus was God, why didn't he say as much here? It seems to be that Jesus isn't God. Not that I can see. Just thought I'd mention it, and gives these verses. And think on them..

Jensen

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
:no:. He is a separate individual, the Son of God, and not Yahweh.
And I do not believe that Son of God means the same as God.

Jensen

Why Jesus is son of god,is his mother kind of god,that he came from the god's family.

javajo

What makes you to believe that jesus was/is god and that you have to worship him (Jesus) in order to survive ?
Hi. I'm not going to try to prove that Jesus is God here, but I will tell you what I believe. I believe God is one God of three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit and these three are one. Jesus is called Emmanuel which means God with us, and Jesus said, "if you have seen me, you have seen the Father." Jesus created all things, and by him all things consist. He was understood by the religious leaders that by by saying he was the Son of God it made him equal to God and worthy of stoning. Anyway. Its much deeper than that, but I'm not setting out to prove it, just say my beliefs here. So, I believe Jesus is like the physical manifestation of God in human form. God the Father loved us so, that he sent God the Son to die to pay the penalty of sin (the penalty of sin is death), so whoever trusts him that he paid the penalty of their sin is freely forgiven and saved and indwelt by God the Holy Spirit. So, one God, three persons.

As far as worshiping Jesus 'in order to survive', if you mean trust him, that he paid for all my sins on the cross for the free gift of eternal life, then yes I believe we must trust him, as he is the one who paid for our sins.

Why Jesus is son of god,is his mother kind of god,that he came from the god's family.
I believe Mary was just a human and a sinner who offered a sin offering of 2 turtledoves shortly after Christ was born. I do believe she was a virgin when she conceived of the Holy Spirit the Lord Jesus. Jesus had other siblings, and Joseph did not 'know' her until after Jesus was born, so she did not stay a virgin. I do not believe one should worship Mary, but honor her as the blessed Virgin Mother of Christ.

One note. I believe from scripture (Romans 5, story of the fall in Genesis) that the sinful nature in man is always passed down through the seed of man, not of the woman. That is why Christ was born sinless, not because Mary was somehow God-like. That is also why Christ was able to be the "lamb without spot or blemish", the perfect sinless sacrifice for our sins.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Cor. 5:21

roberto

....... that he paid for all my sins on the cross for the free gift of eternal life, then yes I believe we must trust him, as he is the one who paid for our sins.

I believe Mary was just a human and a sinner who offered a sin offering of 2 turtledoves shortly after Christ was born.

And so did Paul take a sin offering to the temple shortly after the crucifiction.
So, why did Paul not believe that jesus died for his sins ?

javajo

And so did Paul take a sin offering to the temple shortly after the crucifiction.
So, why did Paul not believe that jesus died for his sins ?
Hi, would you please provide me the chapter and verse of Paul taking a sin offering after he was saved on the Damascus Road? I believe there is an overwhelming abundance of scripture that Paul did indeed believe Jesus died to pay the penalty (death) of his/our sins.

kjw47

Hi, would you please provide me the chapter and verse of Paul taking a sin offering after he was saved on the Damascus Road? I believe there is an overwhelming abundance of scripture that Paul did indeed believe Jesus died to pay the penalty (death) of his/our sins.

Paul said at Hebrews 10:26--That Jesus sacrafice does not count for those who practice sin--Jesus teaches the same at Matt 7:21-23--- a worker of iniquity( lawlessness) is a practicer of sin.. Jesus said many times because he meant this--Go sin no more. Repentence( acts 3:19) gets sin blotted out--- Repentence is the stopping of the doing of a sin--- not doing, asking forgiveness, doing,asking,doing,asking,etc--that is a mockery of why Jesus died.
Those who endure till the end will be saved Gods word teaches--thus Paul was not saved on the Damascus road, not until he endured till the end-- He could remain in a saved position all along the way to the end, but he also worried about losing it as well1 cor 9:27

InChrist

Free4ever
Paul said at Hebrews 10:26--That Jesus sacrafice does not count for those who practice sin--Jesus teaches the same at Matt 7:21-23--- a worker of iniquity( lawlessness) is a practicer of sin.. Jesus said many times because he meant this--Go sin no more. Repentence( acts 3:19) gets sin blotted out--- Repentence is the stopping of the doing of a sin--- not doing, asking forgiveness, doing,asking,doing,asking,etc--that is a mockery of why Jesus died.
Those who endure till the end will be saved Gods word teaches--thus Paul was not saved on the Damascus road, not until he endured till the end-- He could remain in a saved position all along the way to the end, but he also worried about losing it as well1 cor 9:27

I actually believe the scriptures indicate that a one who places their faith in Christ is then sealed by the Holy Spirit for the day of redemption:

Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. 2 Cor. 1:21-22

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. Eph. 1;13-14

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Eph. 4:10

Jesus also said that nothing can snatch a believer away from the Father or separate us from His love:

My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. John 10:29

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

And in 1John speaking to believers it says:

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

A believer can rest in the assurance that they are sealed and have eternal life through Christ and if they do sin they have an advocate whom they can go to for forgiveness. If someone is claiming to be a Christian but living a life of continual sin, then it may be that they have never truly given their life to Christ or understand their position as a new creation in Christ, but God alone is the Judge of a person's heart.

kjw47

I actually believe the scriptures indicate that a one who places their faith in Christ is then sealed by the Holy Spirit for the day of redemption:

Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee. 2 Cor. 1:21-22

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. Eph. 1;13-14

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Eph. 4:10

Jesus also said that nothing can snatch a believer away from the Father or separate us from His love:

My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. John 10:29

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

And in 1John speaking to believers it says:

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

A believer can rest in the assurance that they are sealed and have eternal life through Christ and if they do sin they have an advocate whom they can go to for forgiveness. If someone is claiming to be a Christian but living a life of continual sin, then it may be that they have never truly given their life to Christ or understand their position as a new creation in Christ, but God alone is the Judge of a person's heart.

I appreciate your input. and yes i do believe many who are being told they are saved or born again arent in reality because they are practicers of sin( workers of iniquities) The problem there is that no mortal has a clue as to who is saved in reality, and is trying to elevate themselves into Gods position by telling them those words. In 1 John 3-- it shows who is a child of God and who is a child of the devil and it says this--Its impossible for a child of God to practice even one sin.))) That is why--The road leading to life( eternal) is cramped. few will find it.
Did you know your signature bible passage said Jehovah( YHWH) instead of LORD? every place in the ot where GOD-LORD, is all in caps Gods personal name was in the original writings, wicked men took it out, such an atrocity.

javajo

You take Hebrews 10:26 completely out of context, but believe what you want. Anyway, I believe when we turn from our dead works and filthy rags righteousness and trust in Christ's finished work on the cross to have paid our sin-debt, we are also turning from our sins. We come to Christ because we have been convicted that we are sinners in need of saving, so we do come with a loathing and repentance from sin. But our "enduring to the end", which is another phrase out of context which is about people physically surviving the Tribulation, is not what saves us, but our having believed in Christ that he paid our sin-debt and gave us his righteousness. Remember, we will not be perfect, although we can conquer sin, but not perfectly, until we are finally changed, at the rapture/resurrection when this corruptible shall put on incorruptible, in other words we will be sinless. Remember, if we say we have no sin, we are a liar and the truth is not in us. That's my belief.

kjw47

You take Hebrews 10:26 completely out of context, but believe what you want. Anyway, I believe when we turn from our dead works and filthy rags righteousness and trust in Christ's finished work on the cross to have paid our sin-debt, we are also turning from our sins. We come to Christ because we have been convicted that we are sinners in need of saving, so we do come with a loathing and repentance from sin. But our "enduring to the end", which is another phrase out of context which is about people physically surviving the Tribulation, is not what saves us, but our having believed in Christ that he paid our sin-debt and gave us his righteousness. Remember, we will not be perfect, although we can conquer sin, but not perfectly, until we are finally changed, at the rapture/resurrection when this corruptible shall put on incorruptible, in other words we will be sinless. Remember, if we say we have no sin, we are a liar and the truth is not in us. That's my belief.

Jesus taught this is what saves one-- John 17:1-6-- This means eternal life, their taking in knowledge of you( Father = Jehovah) THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and of the one whom you( Father) sent forth, Jesus Christ. The name in vs 6 is Jehovah.
Jesus also taught-- no one comes to the father except by me--so the final destination for a christian is to get to the Father. Jesus,s God- rev 3:12.

javajo

Jesus taught this is what saves one-- John 17:1-6-- This means eternal life, their taking in knowledge of you( Father = Jehovah) THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and of the one whom you( Father) sent forth, Jesus Christ. The name in vs 6 is Jehovah.
Jesus also taught-- no one comes to the father except by me--so the final destination for a christian is to get to the Father. Jesus,s God- rev 3:12.
Jehovah is a Hebrew word, the NT was written in Greek, but anyway, I believe John 17 is a wonderful chapter with many promises that God will keep his own and Christ even prays that none be lost and that all will be with him, very assuring chapter:

...he (Jesus) should give (notice, given, not earned) eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

and they have believed that thou didst send me. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

(Jesus said in John 5:24: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (Notice, it is Truly, Truly, absolutely true, he that hears and believes on God who sent Jesus, HAS, eternal life and WILL NOT come into condemnation again, but IS PASSED from death to life. We have the eternal and we have the life).

Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me..(note God does the keeping as well as the saving and if Christ prayed for God to keep us, we can be assured he will).

those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost...Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me...Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am...(so, those who shall believe will be kept, none lost, for it is the Lord's prayer, and the Father always hears the Son's prayer). That's my belief.

kjw47

Jehovah is a Hebrew word, the NT was written in Greek, but anyway, I believe John 17 is a wonderful chapter with many promises that God will keep his own and Christ even prays that none be lost and that all will be with him, very assuring chapter:

...he (Jesus) should give (notice, given, not earned) eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

and they have believed that thou didst send me. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

(Jesus said in John 5:24: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (Notice, it is Truly, Truly, absolutely true, he that hears and believes on God who sent Jesus, HAS, eternal life and WILL NOT come into condemnation again, but IS PASSED from death to life. We have the eternal and we have the life).

Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me..(note God does the keeping as well as the saving and if Christ prayed for God to keep us, we can be assured he will).

those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost...Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me...Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am...(so, those who shall believe will be kept, none lost, for it is the Lord's prayer, and the Father always hears the Son's prayer). That's my belief.

One must believe on him= Jehovah) So its the servants of Jehovah who are given to Jesus--Many think they have eternal life, but their jaws will drop when they hear this judgement--Matt 7:21-23--a worker of iniquity = a practicer of sin.
Jesus also taught this great truth--Keep on seeking first the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness, and all will be added.

javajo

One must believe on him= Jehovah) So its the servants of Jehovah who are given to Jesus--Many think they have eternal life, but their jaws will drop when they hear this judgement--Matt 7:21-23--a worker of iniquity = a practicer of sin.
Jesus also taught this great truth--Keep on seeking first the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness, and all will be added.
I'm against sin. The sin (iniquity) those in Matt. 7 committed was trusting in their own "works of iniquity" or "dead works" as Paul describes them or their "works of righteousness are as filthy rags" as Isaiah called them, instead of trusting in Christ's finished work on the cross to have paid for their sins. Everyone must trust that Christ paid their sin-debt on the cross to be freely saved, then the Holy Spirit works in their life as they grow in grace to become more like Jesus as they mature and overcome sin. One day we will all be changed and be completely free of sin. Until then, every Christian will battle the sin-nature, some better than others, and their life will show it and their reward and position will be greater here-after. But, those who trust in their own self-righteousness and "good" works to save themselves or somehow "earn" salvation are in for a big disappointment. That is because only Jesus was able to pay our sin debt and salvation is a free gift, not of works, it cannot be earned, it is unmerited, undeserved, that no man may boast. That is my belief and I believe that is the clear teaching of the Bible if we study correctly and entirely.