• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Jesus is God', Scripturally, [variable and non'variable verses(in meaning

JJ50

View attachment 33727

You call Jesus god
But I used to know Jesus god - but not anymore
Jesus was not called god in John 1:1
There is only one God
But if you like to have 2 gods

giphy.gif

1 Corinthians 8:5-7 Common English Bible (CEB)
Granted, there are so-called “gods,” in heaven and on the earth, as there are many gods and many lords. However, for us believers,

There is one God the Father.
All things come from him, and we belong to him.
And there is one Lord Jesus Christ.
All things exist through him, and we live through him.

But not everybody knows this.
Some are eating this food as though it really is food sacrificed to a real idol, because they were used to idol worship until now. Their conscience is weak because it has been damaged.

You are saying that Jesus is a liar?

John 8:42 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me.

But, His Spirit (that is the Spirit and soul that dwelt in the physical body) was God. Not a separate person. Just the Father living in the fleshly tabernacle of Jesus Christ.???

John 20:17 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

But, His Spirit (that is the Spirit and soul that dwelt in the physical body) was God. Not a separate person. Just the Father living in the fleshly tabernacle of Jesus Christ.???

John 14:28 New International Version (NIV)
“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

giphy.gif

What was given to us?
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
what is the meaning of a child???
a young person especially between infancy and puberty
Definition of CHILD

source.gif

Isaiah never wrote that For unto us a god is born....it was a young human being.

and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Was he the Wonderful Counsellor?
Was he the mighty God?
Was he the everlasting Father?
Was he the Prince of Peace?
Maybe you should read again
and his name shall be called
It was his name, not him actually

So this means God had to die for us???

giphy.gif

The only true God's characteristics are listed in the Bible and a few were mentioned by Paul in:

1 Timothy 1:17 New International Version (NIV)
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Let us use another translation of the Bible to define the red colored words

1 Timothy 1:17 Expanded Bible (EXB)
To the ·King who rules forever [eternal King; L King of the ages], ·who will never die [immortal; incorruptible], ·who cannot be seen [invisible], the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

If Jesus Christ fits in the characteristics of the only God mentioned in 1 Tim 1:17
then by all means, Jesus is the only God but if not, then we should face the reality that Jesus is not God at all

Is Jesus, the King eternal?
Remember the verse you quoted and I believe you still believe that Jesus is "the Prince of Peace" instead of his name which is Christ. According to you he is the Prince of Peace, but the only God is the King eternal - no beginning and no end - from all ages. Jesus had a beginning as a child is born, unto us a son is given [remember that?] So Jesus does not fit as the King eternal but it fits the only God.

When we say the ONLY - it means exclusivity. How come you have 2 gods? See how false your religion is?

Is Jesus immortal - will never die?
We all know Jesus died and you said it yourself "So this means God had to die for us"
As in the Romans with their crude weapons managed to kill God, how much more with the weapons today?
It is your apostatized belief that God can be killed and die. But the only God is immortal, unkillable and does not bleed. So Jesus died hence disqualified as the only God by apostle Paul.

Is Jesus invisible - cannot be seen?
The apostles of Christ saw Jesus even when he was raised from the dead and taken up to heaven. The people of his time saw Jesus preached and performed miracles. The Roman soldiers performed their brutal punishments and torture on Jesus. Hence Jesus was seen hence not invisible. The mere fact that Jesus was seen disqualifies him as the only God as mentioned in the Bible.

Jesus might have been crucified as he was a pain in the rear end, but much of what the gospel writers claim about the guy is much less than credible.

MJFlores

The word MANIFESTATION is no where to be found in the Bible.
but
Jesus might have been crucified as he was a pain in the rear end, but much of what the gospel writers claim about the guy is much less than credible.

giphy.gif