• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is a Joke

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Who are you talking about? The Essenes did not live contemporaneously with Pythagoras nor Socrates. But the Essenes, who wrote the Dead Sea scrolls, clearly left written records.
as to written records, i shall clarify, they didn't leave written records on personalities. they were ultra-orthodox and communal. they were also ascetics who would not have promoted egos.

Among those who borrowed from the Essenes were especially Pythagoras and the Stoics; their disciples while returning from Egypt did likewise [this casts new light on Josephus' identification of the Essenes with the Pythagoreans: "Ant." xv. 10, § 4]; for they affirm that there will be a Judgment Day and a burning up of the world, and that the wicked will be eternally punished.

Last edited:
him revealed, know for thyself.

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Luke 11:52
Woe unto you, lawyers! for you have taken away the key of knowledge: you have entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in you hindered.

the heart reflects
There are no fools in the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:4
and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.

Got you there.

Bob the Unbeliever

Did you even watch the video? It talks about the evidence for Jesus in history outside of the bible; The man Jesus is mentioned in the writings of many historians, most who are not christians.

And none of whom wrote during the time and place--- all lived and wrote, long after this Jesus character allegedly lived.

So that make them Heresay. Not historical.

The argument that Jesus never existed is a new one because of the gap of time, but for the longest time people knew He existed they just didn’t believe in His divinity.

This is due to Christian Privilege. The assumption was that "of course there was a Jesus".

The FACT IS? THERE IS ZERO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT. Sorry, bub.

Christian Privilege is finally being eroded. Which is good for facts.

Bart Ehrman, a famous aetheist scholar said, “whether we like it or not Jesus certainly existed”. He also says in His book, “ one of the most certain facts of history, is that Jesus was crucified on orders of the Roman prefect of Judea, Pontius Pilate”. Other aetheist scholars like Joseph Hoffman, Gerd Lüdemann, john dominic grossan, Michael Grant, ed parish sanders, Geza Vermes, George Wells and many more agree. In fact a lot of them think that those who deny Jesus ever existed are silly and deluded.
So look it up yourself.

So what? Where is the EVIDENCE? There is NONE. Zip. Nada. Zero.

NOT ONE LETTER, STATUE, PLAQUE, WRITING, AUTHOR OR COURT DOCUMENT. That was written during the alleged life.

NOT.
ONE.

So your Quote Mine of poor misquoted Bart Ehrman above, is FALSE.

Sorry, a link to a **christian** website isn't evidence.

He has a great sense of humor. All He has to do is listens to "fools" who like to make jokes and have no idea whay they are talking about. Lots of laughs.
Psalm 14:1 "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

Surely if Christ were to hear and be around those that were corrupt and have done abominable works and which did no good thing, then HE might have alot to speak to them about.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It seems to me Jesus had some humor, but not much when compared to a Zen master.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Oh, I thought that whole whips and chains episode was the height of comedic story-telling.
picture this as I see it......

you follow a Guy that does unusual things......and it seems really mind-bending

three years into it and He heads for the temple

the people seem overjoyed to greet Him

but there is a pause at the threshold......as He grabs a piece of chord and begins making knots
and His face becomes more grim with each know drawn tight

and there you are watching Him do so....
and it seems obvious .....something terrible is about to happen

then He stands at the entrance and makes direction in a loud Voice
GET OUT!!!!!!!!

He might have to say it more than once

and then I hear someone......laugh

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
guess who took the first serious swing......

the more things change and the years pass the more things look the same in action. the actors come and go but the fruit is often very similar.

Revelation 18:2
And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

those who do not learn from the history/past are doomed to repeat it.

Bob the Unbeliever

Psalm 14:1 "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

Surely if Christ were to hear and be around those that were corrupt and have done abominable works and which did no good thing, then HE might have alot to speak to them about.

Well... .if even a simple FOOL can clearly see this god of yours does not exist?

And a Wise man shouts it out loud?

Where does that leave ..... you?

Bob the Unbeliever

picture this as I see it......

you follow a Guy that does unusual things......and it seems really mind-bending

three years into it and He heads for the temple

the people seem overjoyed to greet Him

but there is a pause at the threshold......as He grabs a piece of chord and begins making knots
and His face becomes more grim with each know drawn tight

and there you are watching Him do so....
and it seems obvious .....something terrible is about to happen

then He stands at the entrance and makes direction in a loud Voice
GET OUT!!!!!!!!

He might have to say it more than once

and then I hear someone......laugh

Comedy Gold! It'd work much better, if Jesus is also in black fishnets, a body stocking, stiletto heels, and sporting some seriously glorious eye makeup. Oh, and bright-bright ruby-red lipstick.

Think Frank-N-Furter from Rocky Horror Picture Show.

And none of whom wrote during the time and place--- all lived and wrote, long after this Jesus character allegedly lived.

So that make them Heresay. Not historical.

This is due to Christian Privilege. The assumption was that "of course there was a Jesus".

The FACT IS? THERE IS ZERO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT. Sorry, bub.

Christian Privilege is finally being eroded. Which is good for facts.

So what? Where is the EVIDENCE? There is NONE. Zip. Nada. Zero.

NOT ONE LETTER, STATUE, PLAQUE, WRITING, AUTHOR OR COURT DOCUMENT. That was written during the alleged life.

NOT.
ONE.

So your Quote Mine of poor misquoted Bart Ehrman above, is FALSE.

Sorry, a link to a **christian** website isn't evidence.
Many of them lived within decades of Jesus, most being non- Christians who had no reasons to lie of the existence of Christ; in fact most hated Him, yet they didn’t deny His existence so they could feel better about themselves.

Lol “Christian privilege”. No the fact is your just not willing to accept the facts.

Well if you did the research yourself and see what these aetheist historians, who probably know more about the history of Jesus than you, have to say, you would see the evidence.

Your right, however what’s in the website is.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I remember looking through a long video about his life and the only sense of humor was a part that was made up. No I don't think Jesus had any humor, but that might be because he didn't want to offend anyone for 2000 years.

Joseph Smith had a great sense of humor.
Funny thought. Does that make Jesus a SJW?

Bob the Unbeliever

Many of them lived within decades of Jesus, ...

None were born until well after the alleged "events" happened. Most, multiple generations after. Thus, they cannot be Historians in the usual sense. Repeating gossip does not a history make.

... most being non- Christians who had no reasons to lie of the existence of Christ; in fact most hated Him, yet they didn’t deny His existence so they could feel better about themselves.

So? That means zip. They repeated the gossip of the day-- they were not actual witnesses to anything.

Lol “Christian privilege”. No the fact is your just not willing to accept the facts.

The fact that you laugh, proves Christian Privilege is alive and well, even now.

Well if you did the research yourself and see what these aetheist historians, who probably know more about the history of Jesus than you, have to say, you would see the evidence.

Your right, however what’s in the website is.

Nope. I've done some research. 100% of the alleged "evidence" is at least two generations-- most is 5 generations or more-- too late.

You are guilty of that christian privilege you laugh at.