• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is a Joke

lostwanderingsoul

He has a great sense of humor. All He has to do is listens to "fools" who like to make jokes and have no idea whay they are talking about. Lots of laughs.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
He sounded like a real self-righteous barrel of laughs except that there is no evidence for his existence so it is a moot point anyway.

same could be said for socrates. there is no record of such a person; except from his followers.

siddhartha gautama and pythagoras didn't write any of their materials either. everything was taught orally. pythagoras taught behind a curtain.

he was also reputed to have lived with the essenes for some time, who kept no written records.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Any chance, if the guy was real, he had any humor?
The only real prophetic definition i know of Holy communion is stated in Ezekiel 4, and to paraphrase it, 'because you've exchange animal sacrifice for human, we're going to exchange bread and drink, for poo cakes and urine, then send you around the world with the defiled covenant.'...

Think the humor and even intellectual understanding has gone over most people's head, as i laughed my head off first time i read that... People really are gullible.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The only real prophetic definition i know of Holy communion is stated in Ezekiel 4, and to paraphrase it, 'because you've exchange animal sacrifice for human, we're going to exchange bread and drink, for poo cakes and urine, then send you around the world with the defiled covenant.'...

Think the humor and even intellectual understanding has gone over most people's head, as i laughed my head off first time i read that... People really are gullible.

In my opinion. :innocent:

i think of it as the great trickster from many beliefs system. oh what great magic and mischievousness they'd be about.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I have always thought his remark about it being easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God as a good hyperbolic Jewish joke.

He sounded like a real self-righteous barrel of laughs except that there is no evidence for his existence so it is a moot point anyway.
Come on man... even aetheist scholars acknowledge Jesus existed and died on a cross under Pontius Pilate. It’s historic fact, research it yourself.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Come on man... even aetheists acknowledge Jesus existed and died on a cross under Pontius Pilate. It’s historic fact, research it yourself.

its never a good idea to become codependent on the teacher, form a cult of personality and ignore the subject.

27 As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.

28 He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

a tree isn't known by its idolatry, fawning, or flattery but by what it produces. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Phantasman

I have no doubts he did. The knowledge (gospel) is how knowledge is delivered. Humor results from a stance of happiness (not confusion, pain, etc).

The non Canon gospels even talk of those entering heaven laughing, and had Jesus laughing at different times. Orthodoxy is a strict adherence to word of god (Bible) beliefs.

Who would not laugh when the feeling of "true free" comes over them? It's an emotional reaction which is a product of love.

its never a good idea to become codependent on the teacher, form a cult of personality and ignore the subject.

27 As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.

28 He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

a tree isn't known by its idolatry, fawning, or flattery but by what it produces. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
I am the bread
I am the way
I am the truth
I am the life
I am the light
I am the vine
I AM
No man cometh to the Father, but by Me

But I know your playing.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Thank you, I was already for quite a while wondering "why someone uses such a name"
Now "Jester" I get a totally different/better picture of it. Thanks for enlightening me.

some folks don't see the character as a destroyer either because of his benevolence but like shiva, he came to destroy illusion and ignorance.

never judge a sheep/wolf/lion by it's cover but by it's action all is revealed.