• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus has a God!

Spartan

Whatever. If name-calling floats your boat, by all means, knock yourself out, pal. I don't know what makes you think your opinion matters in the slightest, or that you can push any of my buttons with your evangelical ranting, but I'm lost past being offended by that kind of juvenile behavior.

What's telling is you can't defend the Mormon claim that Jesus is the spirit-brother of Lucifer. That kind of theology is demonic.

Your knowledge of Mormon doctrine is as a drop of water in the ocean when compared to mine.

So you believe God was once a mortal man who walked the earth and became God?

God Is An Exalted Man - | - Mormon Handbook

Spartan

Biblical Christianity is not absurdity. Trinitarianism is absurdity.

Jesus has a God and therefore he is not a Trinitarian. Nor were any of his disciples Trinitarian.

Your explanation for Jesus having a God is absurdity and most Trinitarians would not agree with your idea that Jesus has a God because he took upon human nature. If you can't see the absurdity in that then you can't be led to Biblical Christianity which has no absurdities because God doesn't speak absurdly..

That's Jesus speaking from his temporary humanity on earth. From Philippians 2"

"In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death- even death on a cross!"

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
A belief not a fact.:rolleyes:
You are 100% correct, which is why I always present my beliefs as "beliefs" and not as "facts." I try to present my beliefs as beliefs, and I appreciate if others are willing to do the same. Unless there is nothing at all after death (which you may believe to be the case), there may very well come a time when we all become privy to the real "facts." Until then, we ought to just realize that it's up in the air and that the truth cannot be determined with any degree of surety. As an agnostic, I would expect you to agree with that.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
What's telling is you can't defend the Mormon claim that Jesus is the spirit-brother of Lucifer. That kind of theology is demonic.
What's telling is that you seem to think there's something to defend. You just don't have enough background to understand the theology, so the best you can do is criticize it.

So you believe God was once a mortal man who walked the earth and became God?
Nope. He was God "in the beginning" and created the earth. Now if He walked the earth before He created it, that's a bit of a problem. You are clearly confused, and that's understandable as all of your sources exist for the sole purpose of discrediting Mormonism, not to help you understand it.

Look, unless you can debate respectfully, I'm done. I'm more than willing to discuss differences of opinion civilly, but if you can't do that, or don't want to, you'll have to find someone else to be rude to. I have been things to do than to listen to an ignorant fundy spout off on a topic he doesn't understand. So, have a good day. I won't be responding to any more of your posts as long as this juvenile behavior continues.

Last edited:

Spartan

What's telling is that you seem to think there's something to defend. You just don't have enough background to understand the theology, so the best you can do is criticize it.

Horse manure. If you had your theology correct you wouldn't be a Mormon.

Nope. He was God "in the beginning" and created the earth. Now if He walked the earth before He created it, that's a bit of a problem. You are clearly confused, and that's understandable as all of your sources exist for the sole purpose of discrediting Mormonism, not to help you understand it.

Look, unless you can debate respectfully, I'm done. I'm more than willing to discuss differences of opinion civilly, but if you can't do that, or don't want to, you'll have to find someone else to be rude to. I have been things to do than to listen to an ignorant fundy spout off on a topic he doesn't understand. So, have a good day. I won't be responding to any more of your posts as long as this juvenile behavior continues.

Well that's quite different from the multiple quotations I referenced. Obviously you can't defend those quotes either. And I'm the ignorant fundy? You are lost, buddy.