• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus didn't come to do away with His Father's will, He came to teach it and live it.

k4c

Jesus came to live the will of His Father, not do away with it.

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

Jesus came to promote His Father's on to others.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Some will say that Jesus didn't teach against same sex relationships.

Let us go to the Scriptures for our answer to this statement.

What does the will of the Father say about homosexuality?

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

The will of the Father says male and female are meant for each other, not men with men or woman with woman.

Did Jesus confirm this? Yes He did.

Mark 10:6-9 But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife,and the two shall become one flesh so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Did Paul promote the will of the Father? Yes He did!

Acts 20:26-27 Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of any of you. For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God.

What did Paul teach regarding homosexuality?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

So we can see from the Scriptures that Jesus did in fact teach that man and woman were created to be together, not man with man or woman with woman.

We must also understand that temptation is not sin because we know Jesus was tempted in all areas just like we are and yet He was without sin.

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Temptation is when we desire to do things that are against the will of the Father.

What if we give in to a temptation?

First of all it's not what if we give in to temptation, but rather, when we give in to temptation. When we fall into sin, as a child of God, it will bring conviction and conviction will lead to confession and confession cleanses the soul.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 2:1-3 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

The problem today is not the fact that we fall into sin, the problem is that we are not calling sin sinful. We have come to the point in life were evil is good and good is evil.

Isaiah 5:20-21 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

Remember, God calling something sin is not what makes it sinful, it's sinful because it distorts morality, destroys life and ruins relationships so God calls it sin. Even if God didn't judge sin, sin would still carry these consequences.

When Jesus comes back He is coming to remove all things that cause people to sin and all those who practice a lifestyle of sin.

Matthew 13:41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

God, at this very moment, is preparing a people for this day.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

The will of the Father says male and female are meant for each other, not men with men or woman with woman.

Mark 10:6-9 But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife,and the two shall become one flesh so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Acts 20:26-27 Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of any of you. For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

So we can see from the Scriptures that Jesus did in fact teach that man and woman were created to be together, not man with man or woman with woman.

We must also understand that temptation is not sin because we know Jesus was tempted in all areas just like we are and yet He was without sin.

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Temptation is when we desire to do things that are against the will of the Father.

First of all it's not what if we give in to temptation, but rather, when we give in to temptation. When we fall into sin, as a child of God, it will bring conviction and conviction will lead to confession and confession cleanses the soul.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 2:1-3 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

The problem today is not the fact that we fall into sin, the problem is that we are not calling sin sinful. We have come to the point in life were evil is good and good is evil.

Isaiah 5:20-21 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

Remember, God calling something sin is not what makes it sinful, it's sinful because it distorts morality, destroys life and ruins relationships so God calls it sin. Even if God didn't judge sin, sin would still carry these consequences.

When Jesus comes back He is coming to remove all things that cause people to sin and all those who practice a lifestyle of sin.

Matthew 13:41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Seeing how Jesus never wrote anything down, we do not know what he did and did not say. I appreciate the fact that you believe the Bible to be accurate when it comes to this, but the fact of the matter is that the only writing we have are men claiming to speak for Jesus. So, I would read scripture with a bit more scrutiny.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

They sure have been claiming that for a while.

k4c

2 Peter 3:1-13

God’s Promise Is Not Slack

Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The Day of the Lord

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
2 Peter 3:1-13

God’s Promise Is Not Slack

Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The Day of the Lord

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
It's not God's promise. It is what men thousands of years ago CLAIMED to be God's promise. Scrutiny is absolutely warranted. Stop claiming that God physically wrote the Bible. We know for sure that was not the case. It was ancient men with a far more primitive understanding of the natural world. ;)

k4c

It's not God's promise. It is what men thousands of years ago CLAIMED to be God's promise. Scrutiny is absolutely warranted. Stop claiming that God physically wrote the Bible. We know for sure that was not the case. It was ancient men with a far more primitive understanding of the natural world. ;)

All of God's original word was inspire by God who moved men to write it down with the direction of God's Spirit. The only part of the Bible that was actually written with God's finger was the Ten Commandments.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
All of God's original word was inspire by God who moved men to write it down with the direction of God's Spirit. The only part of the Bible that was actually written with God's finger was the Ten Commandments.
Do you understand how implausible that seems to reasonable adults who haven't "bought into" any of it? In other word, why do you take their word for this? It's all coming from the same group of people, right?

k4c

Do you understand how implausible that seems to reasonable adults who haven't "bought into" any of it? In other word, why do you take their word for this? It's all coming from the same group of people, right?

It came from God through people.

Thanda

Why do you assume he is merely taking their word for it? How do you know he hasn't spoken to God personally?

Pudding

Why you believe your claims is true?

What objective evidence or arguments do support your claim's validity?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Also couldn't you have just called the title what you really meant? "Why I dislike Homosexual people"
I was actually wondering what the title had to do with the OP myself.
I thought he was going to go in a completely different direction from that title.