• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus did not die on the Cross

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Jesus Christ: Was The Savior Buried In Kashmir, India? is one of a number of newspaper articles which reviews the contentious idea of Jesus living in India after the crucifixion. Articles Supporting a Message Worthy of Consideration and other sources speaks to the core similarity of the teachings of Jesus and those from India and lists a number of non-Muslims who also assert that Isa, Jesus, was buried in India.

And whatever the unprovable history of the crucifixion, cross or pole, the use of the cross itself is a very powerful symbol as the cross has been described as the sign of signs reviews.
the origin of the word ‘cross’ is the latin word ‘crux’, from the verb cruciare, meaning to torture.
Crucible comes from that same root word. So to me, whatever the historical reality there's a very important symbolic meaning involved with Jesus on the cross.

Many here of course would disagree, but to me this goes along with my seeing the core beliefs of all the major world religions being the same with of course many doctrinal differences.

Phil25

I don't think there is any relevance of being reliable to be before Jesus or after Jesus or in the time of Jesus.

Does it?

Regards
Why would you consider an account written by a person living hundreds of year after and hundreds of miles away from Jesus to be more reliable than account written by people who knew him or had heard first hand accounts from those who knew him.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why would you consider an account written by a person living hundreds of year after and hundreds of miles away from Jesus to be more reliable than account written by people who knew him or had heard first hand accounts from those who knew him.

No eye witness wrote the account of crucifixion.
It is all guesswork.

Regards

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You don't have a credible say here.

You merely promote hate
So you'd also accuse atheists and Jews of promoting hate if they wrote the same thing?

There is no contemporary historical nor archeological evidence that Jesus was crucified. I happen to believe he was but did not die on the cross. That's a belief not an eyewitness account. And, in fact, there are claims which science has not verified from all the major world religions. Amongst other reasons, they're called "faiths" for a reason.

Phil25

No eye witness wrote the account of crucifixion.
It is all guesswork.

Regards

Like Muhammad had a time machine and saw Jesus's crucifixion. Accept the fact that your Quran will not be considered anymore credible than my Bible. I believe you are deluded because in considering Jesus, not as the Son of God. I can present you with all the evidence from the Bible for the above. But an evidence from Bible might be enough to convince a Christian but a Non Christian will not accept Bible as a credible source. Similarly I dont consider Quran as even close to being credible. So its best not to bring up scriptures as an evidence in an inter faith debate. Just because Quran says something, that something does not become true.

mahasn ebn sawresho

The crucifixion with the non-Muslims are easier dialogue with Muslim
Because non-Muslim wants to prove material located
While the Muslim Prophet Muhammad in any material proof and not historical
He believes the fact one
And is that the Qur'an is the word of God
Even if Jesus appeared and said I was on the cross would not believe him?
Or with people who don't they believe in Islam
The dialogue with them is another way you can dialogue with them
Those looking for physical evidence
That made them the end problem
As with the Jewish
The position is clear
He rejects Christ who believe
This free spiritual lankhtelf it
We take some of the journeys of the Torah and Torah and respect Jews also
We share our thinking thought
But in the last period of time trend audrasat denies the crucifixion of Jesus
And go so far
Says that he was married and his descendants
This is not a secret
For it is written in the novel the da Vinci Code translated into Arabic at lightning speed
The Muslim looks for any words against Christianity
This book was translated and published in Arabic
And does not appear in the Arabic and Muslim said that this book against religion
As they say when we speak and explain any of the Qur'an
It is important to
It is important to dialogue with this school be a directory that requires further efforts could be the Church's efforts to collect and document what is their evidence
They are able to do this thing

mahasn ebn sawresho

The Qur'an says
Top peace day was born and the day I die, and the day I am alive
When Matt
And other verse
According to the sky
The Muslim should remove the contradiction, settling on the position

Syed Ahmad

Sorry for not replying earlier:

Gnostic

None of the gospels mention washing his body, PERIOD!

I agree!

I'm not sure if you read my post, suggest reading it again. John mentions the ointments applied to Jesus' body, both of which were primarily medical ointments. Why the other gospels omitted to mention that is not really my problem. The question is, why apply medical ointments to a dead body? And if you say it was Jewish custom, show me another example where ointments like the above were applied to dead bodies and then then wrapped up, without washing. Does that make sense to you?

And who says the Jesus was left alone in the tomb?

mahasn ebn sawresho

Do you believe that the Gospel which we believe is not distorted
I said if he interpolated
This means that you can not support the Koran by
He interpolated
But if I said that it is not distorted
It is useful slitting

I'm not sure entirely what you mean, but yes I do believe that gospels are not 100% accurate.

Thanks

Syed

mahasn ebn sawresho

I do not mean at precision
But I mean distortion
I've noticed that you're using the words of the Bible to support think it indicates that Jesus was crucified
If you believe that the Gospel is the typeface used to support your argument is inadmissible
You must use other means
I do not believe in the Qur'an
The Qur'an to support emploied prove any words from the Bible

Syed Ahmad

Hi

If I do not believe the gospels to be 100% correct, why can't I use them? I believe they contains come truths, in that some words of Jesus ad his actions are records in them. However, there are other parts which I don't believe to be correct, and in essence, invented by the writers.

Thanks

Syed
MuslimCommentaryOfBible.com

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I give the Second Argument from the Christian scripture.

Matthew 26:39-44

[39] And going a little further, he fell upon his face, praying, and saying: My Father, if it be possible, let this chalice pass from me. Nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. [40] And he cometh to his disciples, and findeth them asleep, and he saith to Peter: What? Could you not watch one hour with me?
[41] Watch ye, and pray that ye enter not into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh weak. [42] Again the second time, he went and prayed, saying: My Father, if this chalice may not pass away, but I must drink it, thy will be done. [43] And he cometh again and findeth them sleeping: for their eyes were heavy. [44] And leaving them, he went again: and he prayed the third time, saying the selfsame word.

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible, Gospel According to Saint Matthew Chapter 26

Jesus wanted that his life and that is what his supplications with tears were; but, perhaps, his disciples wanted his death so they did not pray with such fervor as was being shown by Jesus. Jesus repeatedly told them to pray for his life;yet they did not and preferred to sleep.

Were the disciples believers or disbelievers of Jesus as per Gospels?

When Jesus asked them to pray for him the did not; when he was put on the Cross, as per Matthew; they did not side with Jesus at the time of trial and all fled away.

When Jesus went to India after the event of crucifixion they sided with Paul an enemy of Jesus and betrayed him a third time.

Regards

Redemptionsong

Revelation 22:18, 'For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things that are written in this book.'

These words are a stern warning to all who would want to alter, add or take away from the scriptures. He is not talking just about the book of Revelation either, for Revelation is connected to the prohecy that comes before. Revelation cannot be understood without the other books of the Bible.

Once again, Muslims find themselves placed in a difficult position. The Bible does not fit with the Qur'an, yet they face the plagues of God if they attempt to alter God's word in the Bible.

It also makes no distinction between the prophecy of the Old and New Testaments, nor the Gospels as compared to the epistles of Paul and the other apostles. ALL are holy scripture, all are inspired by God.
It is wrong for a Muslim to claim that the writings of Paul are any less inspired than the writings of Matthew, Mark, Luke or John - or the Torah, the Prophets and the Writings.

The crucifixion of Jesus is central to the message of the Bible and cannot be denied by anyone who is prepared to weigh the evidence in a judicious manner. This evidence is not just biblical, but is supported by history.Tacitus, the Roman historian says that Christ, 'had been executed in the reign of Tiberius by the governor of Judea, Pontius Pilate.' (Tacitus 'Annals') Other historians, such as Seutonius and Josephus make reference to Christ and his followers. And as the history of the early church records, all these followers were preaching the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Revelation 22:18, 'For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things that are written in this book.'

These words are a stern warning to all who would want to alter, add or take away from the scriptures. He is not talking just about the book of Revelation either, for Revelation is connected to the prohecy that comes before. Revelation cannot be understood without the other books of the Bible.

Once again, Muslims find themselves placed in a difficult position. The Bible does not fit with the Qur'an, yet they face the plagues of God if they attempt to alter God's word in the Bible.

It also makes no distinction between the prophecy of the Old and New Testaments, nor the Gospels as compared to the epistles of Paul and the other apostles. ALL are holy scripture, all are inspired by God.
It is wrong for a Muslim to claim that the writings of Paul are any less inspired than the writings of Matthew, Mark, Luke or John - or the Torah, the Prophets and the Writings.

The crucifixion of Jesus is central to the message of the Bible and cannot be denied by anyone who is prepared to weigh the evidence in a judicious manner. This evidence is not just biblical, but is supported by history.Tacitus, the Roman historian says that Christ, 'had been executed in the reign of Tiberius by the governor of Judea, Pontius Pilate.' (Tacitus 'Annals') Other historians, such as Seutonius and Josephus make reference to Christ and his followers. And as the history of the early church records, all these followers were preaching the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Revelation is not written by Jesus; and it not even part of the Gospels.

Regards

Redemptionsong

None of the books of the Bible were written by Jesus.
The book of Revelation is prophecy, like all the other books that make up holy scripture. The Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, contains this prophecy and is rightly called 'this book'.

Shad

Veteran Member
The source of both the prophets, Zoroaster and Moses, was the same G-d (One-True-God) who conversed with them and gave them the message for their people; the difference in the attributes of G-d is due to corruptions made by the narrators/scribes/clergy.

Regards

Repeating the claim does not make it true. Argumentum ad nauseam

mahasn ebn sawresho

Hi

If I do not believe the gospels to be 100% correct, why can't I use them? I believe they contains come truths, in that some words of Jesus ad his actions are records in them. However, there are other parts which I don't believe to be correct, and in essence, invented by the writers.

Thanks

Syed
MuslimCommentaryOfBible.com

Yes-the position of Muslims, but they also say that the Gospel is a typeface
To that I say
You cannot use the Gospel texts to show the position of the Qur'an
It's wrong to you
And the same logic applies to my words also
I do not believe in the Qur'an
For this reason, do not use it to prove the validity of the Gospel
This is a right
To that I say
If you want to validate the Qur'anic statements must rely on reliable sources believe it is true and not null
Wait for you outside references to prove the words of the Qur'an
Greetings
So when I speak of the Qur'an
Speaking as his words and his Muslim interpretation
Especially I speak Arabic too
In the Qur'an 2
First is the claim that the cross is another person and not Christ
This spoke and I said
Such action makes God forbid that he God madlala
It put an innocent man on the cross instead of Jesus
In positive law cannot accept such an act
Imagine
The judge ruled that the death of Christ
But the President of the Republic
Development of Judah instead of Christ
Do you accept this Act into law
And also the people watching the process of steel
And those from different backgrounds
The Romans and the Jewish and Samaritan communities as well
Do you think such a lie was there without someone says something that tell what the Qur'an is not reasonable
And the second is the position of the Qur'an
The second verse
The day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I am alive

When he got death
Note that the Quran acknowledges that Christ is alive and lifted to the sky
This maximizes
Not given to Muhammad
Because the Qur'an addresses Muhammad tells him
You are Mitt and they are dead
Permission to this contradiction
I don't use the verse that says you're Mitt and they are dead
I leave it to your thinking
And you think my words
Do you accept switch accused sentenced to death
An innocent person

Muffled

Jesus in me
In the beginning
Tell
We must know the difference between reality and steel
And the person who was crucified
The incident steel
The reality is historical evidence of the mechanism through
Romans 1.
2-Jews
3-apostles of Christ
4 wrote DATE
Romans 1 -
The known history of Palestine during the life of Christ was a Roman colony and that the ruling was Romania
For this, which issued a ruling Steel is the Roman governor
2-Jews
They had Amlhmrf suit to the Roman governor, and they did not crucify Christ, because the validity of the issuance of the matter is the governor or judge
3 apostles of Christ saw and examined with the naked eye
4 history books and the most famous Jewish writer Yu Sifnos
They said all these steel Event in Jerusalem
* And now to the person who was crucified
Is Christ's body
All the above sources say yes
600 years before Islam Tafraba
But when it came Mohammed came a strange idea, he said is crucified
* Christ-like
Now we discuss this idea
Why was put similar to Christ on the Cross
What is the reason
Second
Of legal concepts
The punishment Hachksah
And is not permitted to inflict punishment on the other
Does God accept that puts innocent people replace Christ on the Cross
Why is this a big lie divine
* The hidden came to Islam and declared
One explanation for this idea
Suppose
The judge issued the ruling or the referee called crucifying Christ
Christ was replaced Judas
Do you think that God is just in this direction
Do you think the people who had gathered in the area of ​​steel did not Alahzaw this replacement process
Questions from a mind write them here shed light on the false God here Amtlksfah on humans
Facts and concealer for 600 years
Do you think the validity of this novel Quranic
The problem is that the Koran contradicts himself
In another state says
Peace Day on myself and I was born and the day I die and the day I alive
Verse says the occurrence of death before lifting
When was this death
So Dutnaqd verses
Trend remains the Christian faith is the strongest in the health

I believe this is a mis-interpretation. The appearance of the person was not different but the appearance of death which can only describe what the body did and not what the Spirit did.

I beleive that is the root of the problem that people misinterpret the verse then come up with wild speculations to explain their misinterpretation.

I believe this happens all the time, the crucifixion of God. Just read some of the posts on here about how God is to blame for all the evils in the world.

I believe it is a good metaphor for what happens on the cross. God is justified in all that He does since there is no judge above Him and He decides what is good and evil.

I beleive it is the word of God and when understood correctly is consistent with the Bible.

I don't believe so. Although Jesus did not die, Jesus ended up dead because the body died after the Spirit of God left the body on the cross.