• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Christ vs Reality Checks

Treasure Hunter

This post is going to stack on top of this thread which should be read first:

When Christ came into this world, he was the perfect son of God. A perfect soul resides in the paradise of heaven. As we all clearly know, this world is not a paradise, so young Jesus had to live in a bubble, in an illusion of paradise, so as to prevent identity crisis.

In paradise, the father is with the son, which is what makes it paradise. However, as mentioned in the linked thread, this world has reality checks which undeniably communicate the harsh reality that this world is not paradise.

Living in this world, young Jesus faced the same reality checks. In order to stay connected to his soul as the perfect son of God, Jesus took cover in the middle of his bubble, in the middle of his comfort zone. Unfortunately, hiding himself under cover and pretending that the reality checks would cease wasn’t going to allow him to fulfill his mission in the world.

Jesus had to look deeper and more honestly at these reality checks, rather than hoping they were occurring due to random chance. He had to consider them as an act of the father. But how could this be if the father is with him here in the world?

When young Jesus gets baptized by John the Baptist, the baptism represents several things. The dip into the water symbolizes the chaos Jesus feels as he dips out of his bubble of illusion. It represents the waters of despair at the idea of young Jesus not being who he thought he was.

Still, the baptism represents Jesus’ first real act of faith: to see the truth of the reality checks and maintain belief that his father is still with him. As it is written, during his baptism the skies open up above and the father announces his presence and affirms the identity of Jesus when he says, “This is my son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” After this, Jesus was able to see the truth of his reality checks, as calls to action by his father, without fearing their worst potential meaning.

When Christians gets baptized, they are unifying their story with the story of Jesus. This means that what Jesus experienced, they too will experience. It means the way Jesus felt about reality checks is how they too will feel, and the affirmation Jesus received in his baptism is available to them as well.

Treasure Hunter

The baptism also represents the willingness to do what is necessary and true (especially when you don’t feel like it) and the affirmation from the father for doing so.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
The way you put it here, it reminds me of Buddha's story.

The son being shielded in a bubble by the father, the son breaking out and finding reality under a bodhi tree.

Treasure Hunter

The son being shielded in a bubble by the father, the son breaking out and finding reality under a bodhi tree.
Definitely, I wasn’t considering the Buddha’s story, but the patterns of reality are perennial.

There is the father who covers to the point of harmful over-protection, and the father who uses reality checks to call us to action, calling us to our higher purpose.

Treasure Hunter

Definitely, I wasn’t considering the Buddha’s story, but the patterns of reality are perennial.

There is the father who covers to the point of harmful over-protection, and the father who uses reality checks to call us to action, calling us to our higher purpose.
This pattern also plays out in Exodus. There is the father trying to maintain its hold on Moses’ people through Pharaoh and the father calling them out.

Treasure Hunter

After this, Jesus was able to see the truth of his reality checks, as calls to action by his father, without fearing their worst potential meaning.
The call to action through a reality check in the call to greatness. The denial of the call is the unwillingness to test your soul identity. The comfort zone is the zone of affirmation.

We are to use the zone of affirmation to strengthen the bond with the soul. Eventually, we must trust that affirmation is absolute and test it by leaving the zone of affirmation. This is the call to greatness and the call to redemption. In this way, the pursuit of redemption rejects the pull back to the comfort zone of affirmation. It is the rejection of affirmation within the belief of absolute affirmation.

Treasure Hunter

The call to action through a reality check in the call to greatness. The denial of the call is the unwillingness to test your soul identity. The comfort zone is the zone of affirmation.

We are to use the zone of affirmation to strengthen the bond with the soul. Eventually, we must trust that affirmation is absolute and test it by leaving the zone of affirmation. This is the call to greatness and the call to redemption. In this way, the pursuit of redemption rejects the pull back to the comfort zone of affirmation. It is the rejection of affirmation within the belief of absolute affirmation.
A central priority in successfully raising a child is creating for them a home base for affirmation, establishing in them the idea of absolute affirmation, and then encouraging them to stretch and test their faith in their affirmed soul identity.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
However, Jesus was Not shielded by his God and Father.
God did Not even spare his Son's executional death.
Perfect human Jesus' faithful death paid the full ransom price for our sins.
As one person said the nails hammered into Jesus were like our sins.
Jesus could have walked away at any time but instead of breaking out Jesus chose to die for us.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
... and to me our higher purpose is to be in harmony with God's highest purpose as found at Genesis 1:28
We are to fill aka populate the Earth (Not overpopulate / overfill) and be care givers of Earth forever and ever.
So, the day is coming when pro-creation will come to an end on Earth.
Only the humble meek people will be living forever on Earth as Jesus promised - Matt. 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11,29; 22:26