• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus can NOT be BOTH "Son Of God" and also descendant of David.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Radar said:
I like to see people try to explain and rationalize the irrational. Can you really answer any of the questions? Probably not or not to a point where I would be convinced.
Welcome to RELIGIOUS FORUMS, Radar. Feel free to browse around and read a few of my posts. Then maybe we can talk. But I have a feeling that that last sentence above is going to ring loud and true. (But I hope not.)

Radar

AV1611 said:
Welcome to RELIGIOUS FORUMS, Radar. Feel free to browse around and read a few of my posts. Then maybe we can talk. But I have a feeling that that last sentence above is going to ring loud and true. (But I hope not.)
Thanks for the welcome! I have read though a few post and no one seems to be getting to upset. I like that. Yeah, the last statement will more than likely stand but I will try to keep an open mind and when proof one way or the other is provided then maybe.:)

Unes

Premium Member
Originally Posted by AV1611

Notice it says, "thy seed" --- not "your descendant".

Hi AV1611,
Yes sir, I see the difference in choosing different word in translation. But does it make any difference in the meaning?
I hope you are not indicating that one of David's son might be his guard's seed!
And by the way, could you please tell me how do I put "Originally Posted by AV1611" next to the Quote tag at the same line.

May God bless us all,

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Unes said:
According to Bible Jesus supposed to the descendant of David, and also according to Bible Jesus also is the "Son of God".

2 Samuel 7:8 "So now, say this to my servant David: This is what the Lord of hosts says: . . . . 7:12 When the time comes for you to die, I will raise up <b>your descendant,</b> one of your own sons, to succeed you, and I will establish his kingdom.

Luke 1:27 to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, a descendant of David, and the virgin’s name was Mary.

Jesus can NOT be BOTH "Son Of God" and also the descendant of David.
Joseph, Jesus father, had nothing to do with Jesus genealogy!He didn't do it!
im going to write my thought on this before reading everyone elses answers - my appologies if what i write has already been coverd

i think that if we take these three factors as true -

that jesus was born of the virgin mary
that jesus is the son of god
and that joseph was of the line of david

then joseph was not jesus's father - all this shows me is that the bond of love overcomes the boundaries of blood, and joseph loved jesus as his son soo much that jesus inherited the line of david through his fathers love for him

C_P

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Unes said:
And by the way, could you please tell me how do I put "Originally Posted by AV1611" next to the Quote tag at the same line.

May God bless us all,

when you start a quote - [QUOTE ]

put an = and then the persons name after the QUOTE

and then end it how you would normally ----- [/QUOTE ]

so it would be
AV1611 said:
[/QUOTE ]

(i put a space in so you could see the text needed :) )

C_P

Unes

Premium Member
Hi Corrupt_Preist,
Thank you for the tip. You also wrote:

Corrupt_Preist said:
all this shows me is that the bond of love overcomes the boundaries of blood, and Joseph loved Jesus as his son so much that Jesus inherited the line of David through his fathers love for him.

As you saw the emphasis which was made by AV1611, regarding "thy seed" --- not "your descendant". You understand the importance of direct seed. So your explanation of just Joseph's love toward Jesus would not qualify Jesus to be accepted as Messiah.

May God Bless us all,

greatcalgarian

If historical Jesus existed, then Joseph could be the true biological father, and all those stuff in the Gospel were materials added in by Saint Matthew and Saint Luke to satisfy the myth of virgin birth etc popular around those days for multi-religion coexisting during that era around middle east.

Maxist

No, the decendents of the Virgin Mary Christ was. The holy Mary, who can be worshiped. Not born of David Christ.