• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus a 400 year old name

A

angellous_evangellous

Now you'll always wonder. :D

I don't know about pepper, but chocolate, for instance, can legally contain 59 insect fragments per hundred grams. Mmmm-mmmm!

Personally, I'd rather eat a fragment of an insect covered in chocolate than sprkinle it's poo on my food.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Do you know what the names Juan, Ivan, Ian, Sean,Johann, and John have in common? They are all variations of the same name translated into different languages. We've explained all this already. I really am confused by this whole debate.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Do you know what the names Juan, Ivan, Ian, Sean,Johann, and John have in common? They are all variations of the same name translated into different languages. We've explained all this already. I really am confused by this whole debate.
Apparently, we're debating whether there's less insect feces in Hershey's or Godiva chocolate.

Smoke

Done here.
There's not really anything to debate. The New Testament was written in Greek, so if it's a grave sin to use any but the Hebrew form of Jesus' name, then the New Testament was obviously written by infidels and should be rejected by the righteous.

Meanwhile, other interesting names and disturbing ideas about food have been mentioned.

Would you say that Teapot is a better name for a boy or a girl?

sojourner

If the NT is an infidel collection, and it's the one in which Jesus is revealed, it sort of stands to reason that Jesus as the revealed messiah, would be an infidel idea...doesn't it?
Teapt is a unisex name, like Terry, Chris, Pat, and Rain Gauge.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
and yet, he's the only person who's ever been able to successfully strain the fly crap out of the pepper...
Assuming that fly crap is soluble in water, I can do it, too. I remember that science puzzle from when I was a kid (using salt, not fly crap). :D

sojourner

Assuming that fly crap is soluble in water, I can do it, too. I remember that science puzzle from when I was a kid (using salt, not fly crap). :D
However, if you're correct, then Lot's wife would also be soluble in water. but when I was in the Holy Land 25 years ago, there she was, standing out there in the wilderness...

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
My name is Alexander if i go to China it does not turn into chin wong.
:rolleyes: If one were to try to spell it in Chinese, it wouldn't stay "Alexander."

Tea originated in China. The Chinese word for tea sounds like "tsah," with the "ts" being more similar to a "ch" sound.

In India, it became "chai."

And in England, it became "tea."

"Tea" doesn't sound anything like "tsah." Go figure.