• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehoram king of Israel and Judah

The Anointed

Really? Then your OP is very confusing. You said:
According to the Jewish faith Jehoram the son of Ahab and Jehoram the son of Jehoshaphat are two different people, but they are one and the same according to the scriptures.​
To which I asked: how do you that the Jewish faith says this about the two Jehorams?
To which you answered:
It is written in the scriptures for all who have eyes to see.​
So why did you write in your OP that the two Jehorams are one and the same according to scripture, if according to you, the scripture says the Jewish faith's view is the correct one?

***MOD EDIT*** You did not ask; "How do you (KNOW) that the Jewish faith says this about the two Jehorams?"
Your words were, "Where is this written."

And nowhere does it say that the Jewish faith is the correct one old mate. Try reading 2 Kings 8: 25-26.

כה בִּשְׁנַת שְׁתֵּים-עֶשְׂרֵה שָׁנָה, לְיוֹרָם בֶּן-אַחְאָב מֶלֶךְ יִשְׂרָאֵל, מָלַךְ אֲחַזְיָהוּ בֶן-יְהוֹרָם, מֶלֶךְ יְהוּדָה. 25 In the twelfth year of Joram the son of Ahab king of Israel did Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah begin to reign.
כו בֶּן-עֶשְׂרִים וּשְׁתַּיִם שָׁנָה, אֲחַזְיָהוּ בְמָלְכוֹ, וְשָׁנָה אַחַת, מָלַךְ בִּירוּשָׁלִָם; וְשֵׁם אִמּוֹ עֲתַלְיָהוּ, בַּת-עָמְרִי מֶלֶךְ יִשְׂרָאֵל. 26 Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Athaliah the daughter of Omri king of Israel.

Now read 2 Chronicles 22: 2.

ב בֶּן-אַרְבָּעִים וּשְׁתַּיִם שָׁנָה, אֲחַזְיָהוּ בְמָלְכוֹ, וְשָׁנָה אַחַת, מָלַךְ בִּירוּשָׁלִָם; וְשֵׁם אִמּוֹ, עֲתַלְיָהוּ בַּת-עָמְרִי. 2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem; and his mother's name was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.

The Jews don't even know how old Ahaziah the son of Jehoram was, when he began to reign in Jerusalem. Was he 22, or was he 42?

And you want us to believe that the Jewish faith is correct. Pull the other leg mate, it's got bells on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
You did not ask; "How do you (KNOW) that the Jewish faith says this about the two Jehorams?"
Your words were, "Where is this written.
Yes, you are correct. I clarified my question just to make sure that we were on the same page. You claim that the Jewish faith says one thing while scripture says another. When asked where the Jewish faith says what you claim it says, you answered "scripture etc", which is confusing, considering you said that scripture says something else.

And nowhere does it say that the Jewish faith is the correct one old mate.
It sounded like you suggested it, which was incredibly odd, considering what we both know about your views of Judaism. Which is why I requested you clarify your answer.

The Jews don't even know how old Ahaziah the son of Jehoram was, when he began to reign in Jerusalem. Was he 22, or was he 42?
Well, now I see. The Tanach is what you call the Jewish faith's scripture, but when you spoke of the scripture being correct, you probably referred to the Septuagint, which clarifies perceived mistakes in Jewish scripture, right?

The Anointed

Yes, you are correct. I clarified my question just to make sure that we were on the same page. You claim that the Jewish faith says one thing while scripture says another. When asked where the Jewish faith says what you claim it says, you answered "scripture etc", which is confusing, considering you said that scripture says something else.

It sounded like you suggested it, which was incredibly odd, considering what we both know about your views of Judaism. Which is why I requested you clarify your answer.

Well, now I see. The Tanach is what you call the Jewish faith's scripture, but when you spoke of the scripture being correct, you probably referred to the Septuagint, which clarifies perceived mistakes in Jewish scripture, right?

WRONG! Jerome did not translate the Latin Vulgate from the Greek Septuagint, but from the Hebrew and he made the same errors that were in the Hebrew bible of his day, which is no longer in existence, and the Aleppo Codex, which is the oldest Hebrew Bible that has survived to modern times, was created by scribes called Masoretes in Tiberias, Israel around 930 C.E., and is considered to be the most authoritative copy of the Hebrew Bible.

Prior to Jerome's Vulgate, all Latin translations of the Old Testament were based on the Septuagint, not the Hebrew. Jerome's decision to use a Hebrew text instead of the previous translated Septuagint went against the advice of most other Christians, including Augustine, who thought the Septuagint inspired.

The Septuagint 2 Kings 8: 25-26; In the twelfth year of Joram son of Achaab king of Israel, Ochozias son of Joram began to reign. Twenty and two years old was Ochozias when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem:

2 Chronicles 22: 2; Ochozias began to reign when he was twenty years old, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem: and his mother’s name was Gotholia, the daughter of Ambri.

So now you have three ages to choose from, Was Ahaziah 20, 22, or 42, when he began to reign in Jerusalem?

But like I said, the truth is to be found in the scriptures by those who have eyes to see.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
WRONG! Jerome did not translate the Latin Vulgate from the Greek Septuagint, but from the Hebrew and he made the same errors that were in the Hebrew bible of his day, which is no longer in existence, and the Aleppo Codex, which is the oldest Hebrew Bible that has survived to modern times, was created by scribes called Masoretes in Tiberias, Israel around 930 C.E., and is considered to be the most authoritative copy of the Hebrew Bible.

Prior to Jerome's Vulgate, all Latin translations of the Old Testament were based on the Septuagint, not the Hebrew. Jerome's decision to use a Hebrew text instead of the previous translated Septuagint went against the advice of most other Christians, including Augustine, who thought the Septuagint inspired.

The Septuagint 2 Kings 8: 25-26; In the twelfth year of Joram son of Achaab king of Israel, Ochozias son of Joram began to reign. Twenty and two years old was Ochozias when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem:

2 Chronicles 22: 2; Ochozias began to reign when he was twenty years old, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem: and his mother’s name was Gotholia, the daughter of Ambri.

So now you have three ages to choose from, Was Ahaziah 20, 22, or 42, when he began to reign in Jerusalem?

But like I said, the truth is to be found in the scriptures by those who have eyes to see.
Dude, so someone gets something wrong; is that any reason to verbally maul them instead of politely pointing it out?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member

So in other words, your answer is: no, you are not using the Septuagint, correct?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
One has to meander through the mine field of misinformation in order to find the truth, and for those who are on a quest for truth, the following may be of some interest.
Why bother though? I mean, clearly "the Joos" had no idea what they were doing with their scriptures, and now, according to you, they're riddled with mistakes. How can you know any of it is true in any sense?