• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jealous God

The one thing that the bible says about God being Jealous while expecting his creation to not be Jealous is honestly hypocritical.

Why can he be Jealous but we can't?
Its ok for him to to be Jealous, but not ok for us? ....

Jealous has two meanings, the other is envy and the other possessive. Envy is bad, but jealousness as for example if husband is jealous that he loses his wife, is not bad, it shows husband cares. Envy is bad, because it is more like husband wanting neighbor’s wife.

When God is jealous, it means He don’t want to lose His possessions. It is not bad, because they are His. If He would envy, it would mean He wants someone else’s possessions and it would not be ok.

ExVasterist

Ex-Member of RF (I'm a Ghost)
Jealous has two meanings, the other is envy and the other possessive. Envy is bad, but jealousness as for example if husband is jealous that he loses his wife, is not bad, it shows husband cares. Envy is bad, because it is more like husband wanting neighbor’s wife.

When God is jealous, it means He don’t want to lose His possessions. It is not bad, because they are His. If He would envy, it would mean He wants someone else’s possessions and it would not be ok.

And if you believe in the Devil, why let him corrupt his children? He could easily destroy him with a thought or make it impossible for him to corrupt his creation, but he doesn't.

If he really cared, The Devil in the bible would not exist as that is no different than losing them to some other gods that he claims doesn't exist, except instead of simply losing them to a different belief, losing them to pure evil.

Another thing to note: The Devil was cast out of Heaven because he was Jealous of us, we became God's favorites and that all angels are to be submissive to us, then the rebellion happened, and he was cast out. Jealousy started with The Devil.

Last edited:

And if you believe in the Devil, why let him corrupt his children? He could easily destroy him with a thought or make it impossible for him to corrupt his creation, but he doesn't.

I believe it was humans who chose this path. We are in this first death to know what evil truly means, perhaps that is one reason why God has not yet ended all evil.

And If he really cared, The Devil in the bible would not exist as that is no different than losing them to some other gods that he claims doesn't exist, except instead of simply losing them to a different belief, losing them to pure evil.

Interesting idea. Bible tells that God’s love is shown in that He also gives good things for those who hate Him. Could He be called all loving, if He wouldn’t do so?

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.

Mat. 5:44-45

Love is care without conditions. It seems to me that God loves also those who hate Him and that is in my opinion one thing that makes Him great.

ExVasterist

I believe it was humans who chose this path. We are in this first death to know what evil truly means, perhaps that is one reason why God has not yet ended all evil.

Interesting idea. Bible tells that God’s love is shown in that He also gives good things for those who hate Him. Could He be called all loving, if He wouldn’t do so?

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.

Mat. 5:44-45

Love is care without conditions. It seems to me that God loves also those who hate Him and that is in my opinion one thing that makes Him great.

Problem: You DO NOT kill those you love.
And the one being that hates him above all others? The Devil. Am I to assume that by your logic that he gives best of good things to the Devil who hates him beyond all human comprehension?

The bible states that we have one life ONLY, no restarts, no respawn, no phoenix down, once you're dead, it is forever til judgement day comes. Looking at Moses who claimed to be commanded by god to kill every man, every child male, every woman who laid with a man (somehow Moses people would know that), and every female child that laid with a man.
What happened to their choice? What happened to them Redeeming themselves? What happened to forgiveness? Kill EVERYONE and enslave the rest as sex slaves because he loved them??

That is NOT love. We don't praise murderers. We don't praise Rapists. We don't praise Sex Traffickers. We don't praise pimps. Why should we praise someone who did all the above? Cause he obeyed God? Sounds more like he obeyed his desires to for vengeance, lust, greed, and pride. And if he really did obey someone else, I highly doubt it was God.

Problem: You DO NOT kill those you love.

Even if it is best for all?

… Kill EVERYONE and enslave the rest as sex slaves because he loved them??...

How can someone be kept as save, if everyone should be killed?

Anyway, Bible doesn’t say God’s people took sex slaves, and it doesn’t command to rape and person who loves as the Bible teaches, don’t rape.

That is NOT love. We don't praise murderers. We don't praise Rapists. We don't praise Sex Traffickers. We don't praise pimps. Why should we praise someone who did all the above?

We don’t need to praise murderers, rapists… …Moses was not any of those.

ExVasterist

Even if it is best for all?

How can someone be kept as save, if everyone should be killed?

Anyway, Bible doesn’t say God’s people took sex slaves, and it doesn’t command to rape and person who loves as the Bible teaches, don’t rape.

We don’t need to praise murderers, rapists… …Moses was not any of those.

Keep telling yourself that.
Numbers 31

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Keep telling yourself that.
Numbers 31

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Sorry, that doesn’t make Moses murderer or rapist, even if you repeat your claim endlessly.