• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaya Bholenath

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
How badly does it hurt, my Lord, to see you so sadly reduced. You stand for plurality; none other does so as grandly and yet so often you are abused.
You, my Lord, my teacher, my friend, who are without beginning and without end.
You, who is never born, to see you torn into leaves me forlorn.

You shelter Chandra from his curse,
You catch your daughter's deluge in your matted locks so that we are not drowned in her ferocity,
You go above and beyond what even Visnu is willing to do; while Lakshmi lives enshrined in Hari's heart you look to Ma and smiling together you become One, known to all the world as Ardhanariswara/swari.

At every turn, my dearest guide, you outsmart and outwit, and yet you let them trample your name. But there is the catch! The one truth they do not see! You let them do all this; you let them fall beneath their own feet with every nasty word they spill.

Hara, Hara, Mahadeva, Maheswara, Parameswara, Shiva. A breath on my lips, your name always in my mind. My love for you is never in doubt, no wonder I am so hurt by their words while you simply smile as you do for you know how it always plays out.

I do not know the correct procedures, I do not know the correct mantras of worship, but you are Shiva, Bholenath, and I can only hope that you are pleased with these, my words, as offerings are your lotus feet.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you, Terese ji! I really should learn to be more like Shiva and let the insults wash away but I struggle.
Pretty sure i'd be feeling the same way if i heard insults to Narayana or His avataras :p

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Narayana was unperturbed even when Sage Bhrigu kicked him in the chest. These Gods are imperturbable. They know what is coming because it is their own doing, their own leela. :)

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Narayana was unperturbed even when Sage Bhrigu kicked him in the chest. These Gods are imperturbable. They know what is coming because it is their own doing, their own leela. :)

Yes, they are such. Sometimes they accept the curses of others to teach them and us lessons and still it does not stop my heart from aching when Mahadeva is belittled. There is also much belittling of Ma but I do not mind that so much as really, Ma is beyond their comprehension most times and She is always included in their worship, anyway.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Hara Hara Mahadev !

Karpura gauram karunavataram
Sansarsaram bhujagendraharam
Sadavasantam hrdayaravinde
Bhavam bhavanisahitam namami.

Aum Namah Shivaya