• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've started a process of creating my own Archetypes.

jasonwill2

You can't create new archetypes as they were all thought of thousands of years ago. There is nothing new under the sun. You can just make variations on the already existing tropes, but wouldn't that then no longer be an archetype?

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
While I don't 'create' deities myself*, I believe certain deceased artists and individuals have somehow created a lasting mark upon the spirit, if you will. Kind of like saints. I also work with some saints... But individuals I hold in high regard in this fashion in particular, to the point that they 'communicate' with me while I am reading one of their books (or playing a synthesizer), are William S. Burroughs and Sun Ra. Also to a lesser extend P.B. Randolph and the former member of Skinny Puppy Dwayne Goettel. For instance, the way Grant Morrison treats John Lennon in The Invisibles, and the way I have seen people treat the persona of Syd Barrett as young acidhead Pink Floyd fans (decades before the man was technically dead). Giving those spirits/persona a life to communicate their inspirations directly.

In my way of thinking this is where the new archetypes will emerge. From the unique perspectives and ideas of other people, particularly artists/magicians/scholars recognized or not... And of course your own.. but this gets into that whole "Higher Self/Angel/Daimon" discussion. Isn't that ultimately the 'archetype' one is working upon consciously manifesting? Interestingly William S Burroughs discusses this issue in depth in "The Western Lands", a book in which I also believe him to have "written himself" simultaneously in and out of "the afterlife", and informs my perspective on a number of issues a great deal.

*Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Last edited:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
ehhh im to lazy i use video games and fantasy novels =D
i work with deities so little its just not worth the effort

Sylvan

ehhh im to lazy i use video games and fantasy novels =D

Yeah that's why I can't handle pure chaos magic.
That stuff will just never be real enough to me to get the juice I know I get by tapping older streams.

But more power to you.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Yeah that's why I can't handle pure chaos magic.
That stuff will just never be real enough to me to get the juice I know I get by tapping older streams.

But more power to you.

Haha that's why im into and I like how you said pure chaos magic because none of its real to me.

Perhaps you could post on my chaos thread what you meant by that and see if we are on the same page. Also frubals because you made me smile.

Sylvan

And that's cool. I am at my heart an existentialist, but I found the old adage 'fake it till you make it' actually baked bread.

See the thing about comics and fantasy gods is they are essentially an astral byproduct of the creativity of another individual. That's why I like talking to dead artists and stuff instead you can go straight to the source. Also I think giving any more attention-energy/'existence' to things that were created for and sold to an entertainment industry already surrounded by bizarre parasitic forces is kind of a weird thing to do. Call me crazy. Magicians should make their own magic.

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
And that's cool. I am at my heart an existentialist, but I find the old adage fake it till you make it actually bakes bread.

See the thing about comics and fantasy gods is they are essentially an astral byproduct of the creativity of another individual. That's why I like talking to dead artists and stuff instead you can go straight to the source. Also I think giving any more attention-energy/'existence' to things that were created for an entertainment industry that is already surrounded by bizarre parasitic forces is kind of a weird thing to do. Call me crazy.

Well that's a number right their. Perhaps then i should make my own...but i work with so little. And pokemon thought forms rock.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
You can't create new archetypes as they were all thought of thousands of years ago. There is nothing new under the sun. You can just make variations on the already existing tropes, but wouldn't that then no longer be an archetype?
I see your point. What about creating deities, have you ever thought about
traveling that path?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Have any of you ever did this before? If so please tell me about the deity
you've created.
One developed out of a joke with friends. The great God of Lag! His sigil is a lightning-struck wifi symbol, and he has two companions: the Goddess of Trolling/Mockery (whose sigil is hybrid of a tragic and comedic mask) and the God/dess of Monkey Mind (whose sigil is a simplified head being impaled from one ear through to the other).

I've only ever used them a few times, with Monkey Mind playing the primary role. All in all it worked out.

Barrackubus

Residential Occultist
Archetypes creation is a skill that chaos magicians hone. They even are able to produce archetypes or servitors from fictional characters. I cannot say it is not possible. For every human component there is a archetype for, my belief is that you are conjuring something that is already there or you percieve it as creating something from scratch....
I am familiar with components of chaos magick and have created servitors/archetypes....
I conjured a archetype based soley upon the joker from the dark knight movie, talk about something that ran an exhilerating course of actions, very powerful those emotions used to design it, for the impact it had on reality was very much what I had intended, he was created as result of emotional trauma and heart break, so the curse carried....and went, and went , and went......

Last edited:

Twig pentagram

High Priest
One developed out of a joke with friends. The great God of Lag! His sigil is a lightning-struck wifi symbol, and he has two companions: the Goddess of Trolling/Mockery (whose sigil is hybrid of a tragic and comedic mask) and the God/dess of Monkey Mind (whose sigil is a simplified head being impaled from one ear through to the other).

I've only ever used them a few times, with Monkey Mind playing the primary role. All in all it worked out.
That's funny.:D

Twig pentagram

High Priest
Archetypes creation is a skill that chaos magicians hone. They even are able to produce archetypes or servitors from fictional characters. I cannot say it is not possible. For every human component there is a archetype for, my belief is that you are conjuring something that is already there or you percieve it as creating something from scratch....
I am familiar with components of chaos magick and have created servitors/archetypes....
I conjured a archetype based soley upon the joker from the dark knight movie, talk about something that ran an exhilerating course of actions, very powerful those emotions used to design it, for the impact it had on reality was very much what I had intended, he was created as result of emotional trauma and heart break, so the curse carried....and went, and went , and went......
Interesting.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Good post interesting points.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Have any of you ever did this before? If so please tell me about the deity
you've created.

My black metal project is my current experiment in creating a magical servitor or eggregore. It's still in its birth stage, but the music will be its reach upon the world, and the vocals/lyrics will be its voice. And its Name is Archonean!

Here is an idea, perhaps some of us could do a simultaneous Working say on Halloween night this year. The focus of the working could be the creation of a Magical archetype/servitor/eggregore. We could then keep each other up to date on the results of our individual workings, like how it manifests itself in our lives. This archetype can serve any purpose you Will from guarding your ritual chamber to protecting your new car, to being there with you when you ask your boss for a raise, etc. Of course we would all have to agree on a certain time for the working like 9:00 pm or midnight.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I most commonly use the Wiccan Goddess and God in my rituals, symbolizing them as literally nature, and represented them with Yin and Yang.

But I have created a God, and its name is based after my username, it's the thing all living things are living for, whether knowing it or not, and without its existence, we wouldn't even have instincts, it is pretty much a pantheistic God but it's the entire spiritual world rather than the physical (I revere the Wiccan theology for physical pantheism). I've met it from my not-exactly-real but real enough Astral Projection when I used to meditate, it was literally, the sum of my awe.

Iti oj

Premium Member
I just love using cenaurious as baphemote hmmm is illidian satan or lucifer or...

Hmm

Last edited: