• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's time to bring back the Fairness Doctrine .

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm sure a considerable majority of us are getting tired of hearing about fake news, sensationalism, misdirection, and the general shock reporting that has come to be the norm as the new 'journalism'. All the damage that has done to the country that we see now as a result of the repeal of the Fairness Doctrine is now replaced by the intense way issues are being approached and handled.

We are a divided emotional country, and things are not getting any better as long as these things continue.

People are not properly informed with done in any substantial way. And all we see now for the vast majority of time consists of gossiping , pointless rumor mongering, appeal to emotion and not facts is the new platform for news reporting and journalism in general fueled by ratings and unfettered ambition.

It should be made clear by now that journalists and reporters in a collective sense , has already proven their irresponsibility and negligence for giving rise to what we are seeing now as bias coverage, tabloid-ism, fact-checking (which unsurprisingly has become a bias entity in its own right) and so forth and so forth.

I still remember that considerable bipartisan (and successful) effort made in the efforts made for retaining Fair Doctrine in news reporting. Only to have it vetoed and substantially squelched by President Ronald Reagan, resulting and it's untimely demise which clearly by Reagan's actions, paved the way to what we are seeing now in news through various media channels and outlets. The one act by Reagan that I absolutely despise and now have to live in the state of affairs that things are in now when it comes to informing the public and offering them a full round and fair view of the issues of the day.

Truth be told I would even vote on the side of a Democrat and even pull the switch for one if he/she would support the reinstatement of the Fairness Doctrine.

With a free press under siege, propaganda is rising. Bring back the Fairness Doctrine

dfnj

I'm sure a considerable majority of us are getting tired of hearing about fake news, sensationalism, misdirection, and the general shock reporting that has come to be the norm as the new 'journalism'. All the damage that has done to the country that we see now as a result of the repeal of the Fairness Doctrine is now replaced by the intense way issues are being approached and handled.

We are a divided emotional country, and things are not getting any better as long as these things continue.

People are not properly informed with done in any substantial way. And all we see now for the vast majority of time consists of gossiping , pointless rumor mongering, appeal to emotion and not facts is the new platform for news reporting and journalism in general fueled by ratings and unfettered ambition.

It should be made clear by now that journalists and reporters in a collective sense , has already proven their irresponsibility and negligence for giving rise to what we are seeing now as bias coverage, tabloid-ism, fact-checking (which unsurprisingly has become a bias entity in its own right) and so forth and so forth.

I still remember that considerable bipartisan (and successful) effort made in the efforts made for retaining Fair Doctrine in news reporting. Only to have it vetoed and substantially squelched by President Ronald Reagan, resulting and it's untimely demise which clearly by Reagan's actions, paved the way to what we are seeing now in news through various media channels and outlets. The one act by Reagan that I absolutely despise and now have to live in the state of affairs that things are in now when it comes to informing the public and offering them a full round and fair view of the issues of the day.

Truth be told I would even vote on the side of a Democrat and even pull the switch for one if he/she would support the reinstatement of the Fairness Doctrine.

With a free press under siege, propaganda is rising. Bring back the Fairness Doctrine

I would love for the Fairness Doctrine to exist. People still have free speech. But just like guns or yelling fire in a theater, the Fairness Doctrine would be used to regulate speech.

But it's just like our so called free-markets. We no longer have free-markets in this country. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. So now all we have in our government is representation for lobbyists. I think one of government's primary functions is to promote and preserve our free-market system. This is includes speech representation along with living wages.