• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's so hard to be good

Jim

Nets of Wonder
if I despise such behavior in human beings, why should I accept such behavior from God?
For many years, up until a few years ago, periodically, a feeling would come over me that came out in words as "If G_doesn't care about the injustice, why should I?" I would lose all my enthusiasm for all the good I wanted to do. After a while, I would think "Well, even if He doesn't care about it, I know it pleases Him for me to care about it," and that would bring me back. That problem doesn't happen any more. Now, any time I start to feel disoriented, I immediately remind myself that no matter what, I want to learn to help spread love and happiness all around me, and that perks me up again.

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
if I despise such behavior in human beings, why should I accept such behavior from God?
Do you start new threads every day, naming and shaming any other people, like you do to G_d?

You're like a kid with a new toy. :grinning:

ETA:

That gives me hope for you. Sooner or later, every kid gets tired of every new toy.

InChrist

Free4ever
I want to do God's will. That doesn't mean I like what the Bible says about God.

You could try a little humility and at least consider that you may have a lack of understanding and that God's behavior is not, nor can be compared to human behavior. You keep saying you don't like what the Bible says, yet it clearly says that God is holy, good, righteous, just, merciful, compassionate, kind, patient, and above all LOVE. So there is something you are missing and misjudging about God's actions when you put yourself, as a finite human, in a position as judge over an infinite Being, who cannot violate His own holy nature with behaviors you incessantly charge against God.

If you really want to do God's will, then just do so and start with the first, straightforward revelation of His will...repent and ask Jesus to save and make things clear to you.

Orbit

I'm a planet
God is a mythology that helps people cope with life. You wouldn't be so upset if you didn't take it so literally.

Reactions: Jim

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Over a billion Christians and over a billion Muslims would disagree with you that you are a "good guy".
I don't murder rape, pillage, **** kids, help people when I see they need help, try to be a good neighbor, ask for nothing in return. I don't need some old book telling me how to behave properly around other people. Screw anyone that thinks beliefs are determinants of a person's moral compass. Cause that is full of garbage.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't murder rape, pillage, **** kids, help people when I see they need help, try to be a good neighbor, ask for nothing in return. I don't need some old book telling me how to behave properly around other people. Screw anyone that thinks beliefs are determinants of a person's moral compass. Cause that is full of garbage.
I agree! I'm just saying a bunch of billions of people would disagree.