• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Official...

Melancholy

異端者
Thanks to the 12 step proggramme I have not had a ciggarette for 1 week.

I feel really proud and just wanted to share this with you all as it was with the help of the church that I am doing well.

That's all really, carry on, nothing more to see here.
:D:rainbow1:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
That's incredible, Mel! I am seriously SO proud of you. I have heard that nicotine is an real beast to give up. It's so great to hear that you are making progress. I'm just so happy for you!

Melancholy

異端者
Thanks Katz.

Although I may have to go on a diet soon, because I'm eating lots at present.
My friend says I'm missing the hand to mouth action of smoking and My cravings were always pretty strong after I ate, so now I tend to compensate with food.

Hopefully it will all balance out soon though .
It's only been a week. But I'd much rather be a little overweight than develop a smoke related disease, so I'm not complaining.
:D

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
Good job, Melancholy. Not only will you be stronger physically and mentally, but think of all the money you'll be saving!

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
Hooray!!!! I don't have a clue what you're going through, but I hear it gets easier the longer you go without. We're cheering for you!

PureX

Veteran Member
Thanks to the 12 step proggramme I have not had a ciggarette for 1 week.

I feel really proud and just wanted to share this with you all as it was with the help of the church that I am doing well.

That's all really, carry on, nothing more to see here.
:D:rainbow1:
CONGRATULATIONS! I quit 13 years ago after smoking for 25 years and not a day goes by that I'm not still grateful that I quit.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
CONGRATULATIONS! I quit 13 years ago after smoking for 25 years and not a day goes by that I'm not still grateful that I quit.
Wow! Now that's a testimonial that ought to be meaningful to Melancholy. Congratulations!

Melancholy

異端者
Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement.
I really do appreciate it.
Everytime I feel like giving up, I'm going to come back to this thread to give me stregnth (typo).
:yes::rainbow1:

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
Mel hang in there. Congrats. No matter what happens never give up and hit as many meetings as you possibly can. I am throwing you a party:band::grill: