• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Its Good news .

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
People go to hell because they refuse to believe the truth so as to be saved. ( according to the bible ) . Creation testifies of the creator.
Can anyone think of anyone righteous who went to hell the day he died _____________
I find righteous Jesus who believed religious truth is found in Scripture (John 17:17) was saved.
Saved because his God resurrected dead Jesus out of biblical hell - Acts of the Apostles 2:24
Biblical hell is simply mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead til Resurrection Day.
Then, emptied-out hell/grave will be cast vacant into a symbolic 'second death' for vacated biblical hell.- Rev. 20:13-14
Jesus taught ' sleep' in death because the OT teaches 'sleep' in death.
- Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
......Why does it follow that if hell is a permanent place Jesus would remain there ?

First of all, biblical hell (temporary grave) is Not a permanent place but hell ends up in second death - Rev. 20
I find most people are taught that hell is a forever permanent burning place with No exit door. No escaping.
So, if they were right then dead Jesus would still be in that forever hell.

John1.12

Free gift
First of all, biblical hell (temporary grave) is Not a permanent place but hell ends up in second death - Rev. 20
I find most people are taught that hell is a forever permanent burning place with No exit door. No escaping.
So, if they were right then dead Jesus would still be in that forever hell.
Again , How does that follow ? How many people did what Jesus did?
John 10
“I lay down my life—only to take it up again.

You think hell could keep God in ?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Again , How does that follow ? How many people did what Jesus did? John 10 “I lay down my life—only to take it up again.You think hell could keep God in ?

How could God get in Hell ______________
Do you think God could fit in Hell ___________ Notice how BIG God is at 1st Kings chapter 8.

It was God who resurrected dead Jesus out of the grave - Romans 10:9; Acts 2;24,31; Acts 3:15; Acts 5:30; Acts 13:30,37; Colossians 2:12

Both the righteous and unrighteous ' go to hell ' because biblical hell is only the grave.
King James translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire.
Gehenna was a just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed.
So, Gehenna is just a fitting word for: destruction and Not forever burning.
This is why Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35 says the wicked are ' destroyed forever ' ( Not roasted forever )
Please notice the choice given at 2 Peter 3:9 it is Not burn or bliss.
It is ' repent ' or ' perish ' ( perish means destroyed ) - Proverbs 2:21-22.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Yes thats the story . Its interesting ,when i read it ,there are no errors.
Yet I created an entire thread pointing out one error. Of course, I didn't truly expect any "true believers" to be able to accept the truth. You are all much to emotionally invested in your beliefs to be able to see clearly.

John1.12

Free gift
Do you think God could fit in Hell ___________ Notice how BIG God is at 1st Kings chapter 8.

It was God who resurrected dead Jesus out of the grave - Romans 10:9; Acts 2;24,31; Acts 3:15; Acts 5:30; Acts 13:30,37; Colossians 2:12

Both the righteous and unrighteous ' go to hell ' because biblical hell is only the grave.
Gehenna was a just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed.
This is why Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35 says the wicked are ' destroyed forever ' ( Not roasted forever )
It is ' repent ' or ' perish ' ( perish means destroyed ) - Proverbs 2:21-22.[/QUOTE

In Acts 2:24, Peter says that “God raised [Jesus] from the dead.” So that’s the basic answer. God resurrected Jesus. As we read more Scripture, that basic answer becomes more nuanced.

The Bible indicates that all three Persons of the Trinity were involved in Jesus’ resurrection. Galatians 1:1 says that the Father raised Jesus from the dead. First Peter 3:18 says that the Spirit raised Jesus from the dead (see also Romans 1:4, and note that Romans 8:11 clearly says that God will resurrect believers “through His Spirit”). And in John 2:19 Jesus predicts that He will raise Himself from the dead (see also John 10:18). So, when we answer the question of who resurrected Jesus, we can say God did. And by that we can mean it was the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

John1.12

Free gift

In Acts 2:24, Peter says that “God raised [Jesus] from the dead.” So that’s the basic answer. God resurrected Jesus. As we read more Scripture, that basic answer becomes more nuanced.

The Bible indicates that all three Persons of the Trinity were involved in Jesus’ resurrection. Galatians 1:1 says that the Father raised Jesus from the dead. First Peter 3:18 says that the Spirit raised Jesus from the dead (see also Romans 1:4, and note that Romans 8:11 clearly says that God will resurrect believers “through His Spirit”). And in John 2:19 Jesus predicts that He will raise Himself from the dead (see also John 10:18). So, when we answer the question of who resurrected Jesus, we can say God did. And by that we can mean it was the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

John1.12

Free gift

This is the arrogance of Christianity. It's a real put off.
Gal 4 .
4But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6¶And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

8¶Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.

9But now, after that ye have known God, or rather ARE KNOWN OF GOD , how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If you yourself saw a person being attacked in a park, would you stand by and do nothing, if you were able to intervene and stop the attack or in some way cause the attacker to be brought to justice?

If you care about people (strangers you don't know personally), or have a set of principals to the similar effect, you'd do something.

Because you want the person that was attacked to become safe, and the attacker to be confronted for their wrongdoing.

So it is with God.

Instead of not caring about us/not caring about wrongs done against us, He does care about us, and does care about wrongs done against us.
Actually God does stand by and does nothing in these cases doesn't he? He lets humans manage these affairs themselves, as we do (having the police, having a judiciary etc. ) The idea that suddenly he will start intervening retroactively in heaven not based on what humans want but based on what he wants is illogical and immoral, and hence hard to take seriously. Do you not understand this?
The idea is simple. Suppose person X has somehow hurt person Y on earth, and suppose human justice did not work properly at that time, so he was not punished or something. Then, in heaven (I am assuming your kind of heaven here), its the soul of person X who has the right, in conjunction with and in consultation with the souls of other persons, what sort of justice system be implemented for souls like person Y who were not properly punished in the mortal plain. Is that not obvious? We could have a soul prison or something with sentencing lasting for a finite amount of time, for instance. Maybe a soul gets 3 years for a petty theft while he gets 100 years for a murder etc. Simple, logical and democratic, isn't it? And of course if the soul of person X forgives the soul of person Y that is also his prerogative. In that case no punishment is necessary. Also all human crime create a finite amount of hurt and suffering (as everyone dies, even the hurt caused by murder is finite) and hence there can be no punishment that extends infinitely long for a hurt that is finite in extent. That is also obvious.
Given these facts, its appears to me that the God that you propose violates logic, common sense and moral conceptions of justice. Hence such a God does not exist.

John1.12

Free gift
Yet I created an entire thread pointing out one error. Of course, I didn't truly expect any "true believers" to be able to accept the truth. You are all much to emotionally invested in your beliefs to be able to see clearly.
I don't know what your invested in . You think God cannot keep his word . And you reject the majority of it.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
As I said, God gives more 'light '. If a person responds to what is self evident.
And how do I know it comes from the true God? Is that a sort of brain programming from God?

And where did you find that? Paul did not say anything about more light or anything.

And by the way, why do you need and missionary at all, then?

Ciao

- viole

John1.12

Free gift
And how do I know it comes from the true God? Is that a sort of brain programming from God?

And where did you find that? Paul did not say anything about more light or anything.

Ciao

- viole
Acts 10 describes such a person whos seeking God and is given more light .
1¶There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,

2A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

3He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.

4¶And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

John1.12

Free gift

Ciao

- viole
1 cor 1.21 describes that it pleases God through ,preaching the message and when people believe.

"21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe."

They are saved when they believe. Then God makes certain you know ,through ' revelation ' . Through the Holy Spirit . I.ll certainly never forget it .

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Acts 10 describes such a person whos seeking God and is given more light .
1¶There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,

2A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

3He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.

4¶And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.
There is no evidence whatsoever that people who lived in places without the Gospel experienced any light from the Christian God. There would be at least anedoctal evidence, like « sitting bull, did you also see the light of the true God last night, ? « , « yes crazy horse, you did too? for a moment I thought I was the crazy one »

and that is also why missionaries go there. Sometimes even risks their lives to go there. Because they know perfectly well that those people need to learn everything from scratch.that there is no Jesus light they could possibility have experienced.

So, you seem to revert to your only source of evidence. A book whose stories have the same evidence as other tales, like Pinoccchio.

now the main question: why do you believe it is self evident that a creator exists? is that because all those animals, for instance, have been created so nicely designed to defend against animals with another design? Are those designs coming from the same designer, or not?
Ciao

- viole

John1.12

Free gift
There is no evidence whatsoever that people who lived in places without the Gospel experienced any light from the Christian God. There would be at least anedoctal evidence, like « sitting bull, did you also see the light of the true God last night, ? « , « yes crazy horse, you did too? for a moment I thought I was the crazy one »

and that is also why missionaries go there. Sometimes even risks their lives to go there. Because they know perfectly well that those people need to learn everything from scratch.that there is no Jesus light they could possibility have experienced.

So, you seem to revert to your only source of evidence. A book whose stories have the same evidence as other tales, like Pinoccchio.

now the main question: why do you believe it is self evident that a creator exists? is that because all those animals, for instance, have been created so nicely designed to defend against animals with another design? Are those designs coming from the same designer, or not?
Ciao

- viole
Yes , I would be raving mad if the bible was on par with Pinoccchio.