• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It seems to me that some Christians on here do not understand Atheists

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Point 1: You ignored my main point. There is no solid evidence to suggest the universe could exist or operate any differently than it does. Therefore, saying that the universe has to be fine tuned is an ASSUMPTION, a THEORY, and mere CONJENTURE. I stated this point clearly several times and your only response is posturing, insults, and claiming (without reason or evidence) that I don't understand your arguments.

Point 2: You didn't provide any facts to support your position. You presented a mish mash of quotes from different sources, and I presented links to articles that clearly supported my position. Which is that NO ONE really understands how the universe came about or what will eventually happen to it. You want to cherry pick ideas and scientific theories (all of which are unproven) and twist them to support your pre-conceived beliefs. I didn't buy into it. This is a debate forum, not a let's listen to 1robin's monologue forum.

Point 3: Who's being emotional? Who's taking their ball and going home? Not me.
I thought I made it clear that your not challenging me and so I do not wish to spend what time I have to debate being bored to death by your attempts to resuscitate failed arguments. When you originally started bragging and making arrogant claims about past victories concerning me I wanted to see if you really were that knowledgeable, because being challenged is why I debate things. I however was very disappointed by your arguments and at this point I want to cease wasting my time concerning you in this thread for now. I do not have time to start in kindergarten and bring you up to speed.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I am saying that if you make a long list of things that would have to be exactly the way they are in the universe for life to exist, I can add to that list all the things that would have to happen up through the years in order for me to exist and therefore conclude that the universe exists so that I personally can exist.
That statement is a premise', only if you provide a conclusion from it can it be evaluated.

Reggie Miller

How about the internet, longer lifespans, an increase in safe births, electricity, phones, calculators, planes, trains, cars, all of medicine, wiping out dangerous diseases, increased safety of sexual encounters, rocket ships etc etc etc

One only needs to look at today's society, regardless of religion, to see exactly what science has done for all of us. Like, geez, ungrateful much?

Well, when you get rid of world hunger, war, poverty, disease and death I'll jump on your bandwagon. The Lord will give us all these things in time. Science never will.

Reggie Miller

I was once Christian and I have been on these forums on and off for years. I doubt very much you can make an argument for Christianity that I haven't already heard/seen before. Don't let that stop you though.

So you turned your back on the One who died for you on the cross? I never will.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, when you get rid of world hunger, war, poverty, disease and death I'll jump on your bandwagon. The Lord will give us all these things in time. Science never will.
Science is making progress on all of those things. Maybe not in my lifetime or yours. But God gave us science for a reason

Reggie Miller

Science is making progress on all of those things. Maybe not in my lifetime or yours. But God gave us science for a reason

Well, God has already said that science isn't the answer. Jesus is.

John 3
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, God has already said that science isn't the answer. Jesus is.

John 3
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
How is that against science. Science illuminates information for us. If anything, Science would be light.

I thought I made it clear that your not challenging me and so I do not wish to spend what time I have to debate being bored to death by your attempts to resuscitate failed arguments. When you originally started bragging and making arrogant claims about past victories concerning me I wanted to see if you really were that knowledgeable, because being challenged is why I debate things. I however was very disappointed by your arguments and at this point I want to cease wasting my time concerning you in this thread for now. I do not have time to start in kindergarten and bring you up to speed.

*yawn* So, just more posturing and insults. As I originally said, once I bring the faults in your arguments to light a rational discussion/debate with you becomes impossible. If my arguments were so simple to refute you would be refuting them instead of thumping your chest and slinging insults, yes?

So you turned your back on the One who died for you on the cross? I never will.

There is no evidence or rational argument that supports the claims of Christianity being anything more than mythology. I suppose you consider blind faith (basically willful ignorance and gullibility) as a virtue.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
*yawn* So, just more posturing and insults. As I originally said, once I bring the faults in your arguments to light a rational discussion/debate with you becomes impossible. If my arguments were so simple to refute you would be refuting them instead of thumping your chest and slinging insults, yes?
One last response to you but if you keep it up I not only will cease debating you for the time being I will put you on ignore to stop the very things you have done recently.

When you initialed coughed up the same absurd claim that you did here I was pretty sure you were wrong because to be challenged by an argument is why I am here. I want someone to catch any mistakes I make so I can eliminate them in the future and as a bonus I get to spend some down time being driven to work harder at defending my view points. So, since I desire the thing which you claim I avoid I wanted to see if you could actually provide what you claimed. I was hoping you could, but you have actually and utterly let me down and confirmed my original estimate as to your being hypocritical and arrogant. I do not intend that to be insulting, I intend it to be a statement to objective fact. In fact it is so bad that to avoid this none sense in the future I am considering putting you on ignore, despite the fact I am loath to do so. If I was you I would quit being hypocritical and take a break for a while or I will enact a permanent break in your case. This has all but run it's course and you did not pan out.

I intend this as my last warning.