• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

israel-lebanon, the power of propaganda

almifkhar

inlighten me alan

how come isreal could not agree to such a olive branch? why is it so important for israel to continue it's land grabbing and give the bird to a peaceful agreement?

back to lebanon...

lebmap.jpg

i am wondering something, if hezbollah is in the south of lebanon, why is isreal bombing the intire country along with civilians? or is it that everyone in lebanon is hezbollah?

Dude no offense but look at the lower portion of the map "Occupied Palestine" and its based off arab news. Each side has propaganda.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/graphics/leb_israel_popup/flash.htm

http://www.conceptwizard.com/n-israel.html

i'd say usa today looks to be the most unbiased. How ever its probably more like a line down the middle swaying towards USA Today, but hell its probably the other way for you.

I found also these maps nothing to do with propaganda but interesting.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/07/23/weekinreview/20060723_MIDEAST_GRAPHIC.jpg

c0da

i am wondering something, if hezbollah is in the south of lebanon, why is isreal bombing the intire country along with civilians? or is it that everyone in lebanon is hezbollah?

Hezballah are basically, kept alive by support from Syria and Iran, so the strikes on roads near Lebanon's borders are to stop Syrian and Iranian weapons getting in, and Israeli prisoners being taken elsewhere.

Ody

c0da said:
Hezballah are basically, kept alive by support from Syria and Iran, so the strikes on roads near Lebanon's borders are to stop Syrian and Iranian weapons getting in, and Israeli prisoners being taken elsewhere.

Hezballah also can fire from across the country, its called modern warfare, you can drive...

Ody

almifkhar said:

Hizbollah is playing the cowards war, using residental areas as firing grounds. When you fire from a school what do you expect to happen?

Ody

The initiative does not address the following matters:
  • The nature of the envisioned Palestinian state
  • The level of militarization of the Palestinian state
  • The use of water resources
  • Access to Jerusalem and its holy sites
  • Access to other holy sites within the territory of the British Mandate of Palestine
  • Access between the West Bank and the Gaza Strip
  • The dismantling of non-governmental armed groups within the West Bank and Gaza Strip
  • Border controls between Israel and the Palestinian state
  • The fate of Palestinian prisoners
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Peace_Initiative#What_is_left_out_by_the_initiative

almifkhar

i agree alan that there are way too many problems with the peace agreement, however i think that if (perhaps this is wishfull thinking on my part) that if israel would have just said fine we will pull back to the 67 line, how about....... that some real progress could have come of this. it's called compromise, even a baby step is a step in the right direction.

Ody

almifkhar said:
i agree alan that there are way too many problems with the peace agreement, however i think that if (perhaps this is wishfull thinking on my part) that if israel would have just said fine we will pull back to the 67 line, how about....... that some real progress could have come of this. it's called compromise, even a baby step is a step in the right direction.

Israel gave up Gaza, and the suicide bombings continued.

almifkhar

alan you and i both know that israel would have been back with or without sucide bombers.

hey, when do you supose those settlers will return to gaza in full land grabbing glory?

croak

Trickster
Israel gave up Gaza, and the suicide bombings continued.
If Israel had been occupied, and the occupying force decided to give a small portion of land back, would you be happy?

Ody

Paw said:
If Israel had been occupied, and the occupying force decided to give a small portion of land back, would you be happy?

It would alteast make me go back to the diplomatic table.

Ody

almifkhar said:
alan you and i both know that israel would have been back with or without sucide bombers.

It provides little or no gain for the nation of Israel to maintain the settlements.

almifkhar

is that right?

tell me dear alan, what about those natural gas deposits they found off the coast of gaza not so long ago, in which the israelis are going to develop. that sounds like a motive to return to me. perhaps this too was another reason to blow up gaza power stations, so this gas would not have to be shared? not to mention, the israeli gov. has pretty much stolen every last acre in west bank and those new commers need land to build a house

sindbad5

c0da said:
1. And ask yourself, who is to blame for the fact that there has been no peace. Surely Israel can't be 100% at fault, especially if you consider the fact that those groups who oppose Israel have spent a large portion of this 60 years calling for the destruction of Israel.

i already asked myself, myself told me that the reason there's no peace is due to israel feelings of superiority and arrogance over arabs.

by the way, "those groups who oppose israel" are the glory of any free man on the world, those people who refuses to bow for the arrogance and oppression.

c0da said:
2. Sheba'a farms is recognized by most of the international community to be Israeli territory, stop moaning.
stop moaning???
any way, give us your cutting evidences

c0da said:
3. Whever they were armed or not, they are Israelis. I don't know where you got the idea that if you put somebody in a tank they suddenly lose their nationality. Hezballah came on Israeli territory and kidnapped two soldiers - try all you want to distort the truth, but that is what happened.

firstly, i don't know from where you understand that i have an idea that if you put somebody in a tank, he loose his nationality!!!

secondly, the 2 soldeirs are captured in combat inside the lebanese land, do some searching before throughting words in our faces

c0da,
i understand from your last statement that what so ever i argue you, you locked your mind against me even i said a documented truth?

there'r old arab saying:
"my opinion is right bearing the possibility of being wrong, and your opinion is wrong bearing the possibility of being right"

c0da said:
4. The phrase "we don't negotiate with terrorists" comes to mind. I think Israel would have prefered to get it's soldiers back without having to release some criminals.
oh, wow, so, how do you exepect peace as long as israel consider its nieghburs as terrorists?

c0da said:
5. I don't see how the anti-Israeli people fail to understand what Hezballah is doing! Hezballah hide themselves and their weapons and attack Israel from within civillian areas...
the everlasting myth!!!
tell me honestly, by the name of allah, how can you justify killing 1000 civilians by airstrikng, hundereds of children and women among them, to hunt down hisbullah?
hisbullah lost 50 fighters most of them on the battlefront, this's not my words, this's what news tell us.

c0da said:
6. Israel never wanted to progress very deep into Lebanese territory, they just wanted to push Hezballah back from the Israel's norther border to create an area which an UN force could occupy.
ofcourse they want not to do this, BECAUSE THEY CAN"T
another thing regarding UN forces, what about guesting them in the israeli lands? or at least half-to-half?

c0da said:
7. I don't think Israel said it had destroyed most of Hezballah's rocket launching capabilities.
no, they said that

Ody

sindbad5 said:
ofcourse they want not to do this, BECAUSE THEY CAN"T

Thats actually a hilarious statement, due to the weak level of active offensive ground mobilization on the Israeli side.

Ody

sindbad5 said:
i already asked myself, myself told me that the reason there's no peace is due to israel feelings of superiority and arrogance over arabs.

Gotta blame the Jews! Of course, those who target pregnant mothers and participated in the Passover Massacre are victims and innocent, I mean the dead are just zionists! *sarcasm off*