• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel Falou E-begs in order to take Rugby to court.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Israel Falou has asked the Australia Public to bankroll his legal defence fund, on the site gofundme asking for a rather bizarrely high 3 million dollars. Which is weird since it really shouldn’t cost that much in the first place. Or the fact that despite the torn up contract, he should already be worth millions from his previous pay checks to begin with.

I was willing to be ambivalent over his sacking. But using a crowd funding site belies his greed and entitlement

Israel Folau GoFundMe page donations soar despite bombshell reports of property portfolio

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I especially like this article. I assume it's employing some kind of logical fallacy. I don't know. But damn.

(For reference, in Australia, very rare medical conditions are often not covered by our Medicare, unfortunately. So people often resort to raising funds through charity and more prominently sites like GoFundMe. Now granted, there are some really perplexing and scummy campaigns there too. But at least they're not trying to claim a moral high ground when doing so.)
Israel Folau GoFundMe page: $3 million plea proves he is clueless

Now, I don't really care if he takes Rugby Australia to court or not. More power to him. Go for it, I say.
But can I please indulge a little here? This guy is literally worth millions (if he didn't spend all his paychecks down the pub) and has the absolute gall to fund raise alongside literal dying kids, asking for money for actual life saving medical treatments.
How very Christian of him.
And on top of that, no wrongful dismissal court case is anywhere near 3 mill. I don't know about other parts of the world, but certainly not in Australia, to my knowledge. Could be wrong.
Unless he turns around and claims it was a stunt and donates every single solitary cent to charity or even the very GoFundMe campaigns trying to actually save sick children on that same site, I can't see him having very many public allies after this.

Last edited: