• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isn’t that a sign of reincarnation in the bible?

john313

warrior-poet
Joannicius said:
We can not say that "the spirit and power of Elijah is equal to his soul; That , is an assumption, my friend. You have to read that into those scriptures and with the rest of the Bible, it doesn't balance out,IMHO, we accept that understanding as a mystery unexplained......
i do not believe in unexplainable christian dogma. everything has an explanation if it is the truth.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
john313 said:
i do not believe in unexplainable christian dogma. everything has an explanation if it is the truth.
That is a very hard line you're treading on, John. "Love" - is there actually proof that 'love' exists ? (scientific, of course):)

john313

warrior-poet
michel said:
That is a very hard line you're treading on, John. "Love" - is there actually proof that 'love' exists ? (scientific, of course):)
love is an emotion that triggers our hypothalamus to release certain chemicals. it is scientific that this happens. so yes, love does exist according to science. although i believe people often confuse love and lust ;) .

non-duality

To come back to the topic:
For me an other argument why I don’t believe in heaven and hell as the only two possibilities after death is that I don’t believe in condemnation. As I wrote earlier a place of “Hell” is been explained as a place far from God. But how can we be far from the omnipresent? This is not possible. Someone who believes is a hell limits God by this believe. Of course we can create a hell. We do it daily on our planet. But this hell is based on the illusion, we are far from God. We can create hell just with this illusion. God doesn’t have illusions, so God didn’t create a hell. As soon as we overcome this illusion, the experience of hell will vanish. So also God doesn’t sent us to hell, we do it. And God doesn’t force us to stay there, we do as long as we want.
But that also means (at least I think that) new chances are always been given.
May be also we can develop at the other side.
What do you think?

non-duality

Sorry to those who get angry on me now. But a I’m created by God with a questioning mind.

If I asked what happens to those human souls which didn’t reach birth (from science we know these are more than 50%). Won’t they have a new chance of human experience? I got the answer: “they go straight to heaven because they have committed no sin”. (Yes I would agree, because I believe there is no hell, unless the hell we created for ourselves). But if you believe in hell, where is the justice? It’s better to die before birth. So also the abortion of a pregnancy means to save a soul from the possibility of hell. With this faith in heaven after the foetal death, an abortion should be the saving of a soul. Something must be wrong! I think we should never stop questioning.