• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamic Music -- Same Faith Debates

benign6

i cant recommend Sami Yusuf he uses Musical Instruments in his nasheeds , this is haram by the Ijma of the scholars.

some amongst the Sahaba and the Tabi een declared it Haram , dont try to justify something that is haram ,
what r u taliban??? or talibanized.:-
Here's the answer to u by mouth of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh):-
Fiqh-us-Sunnah: Supererogatory Prayer. Fiqh 2.153.
Ibn Hajar writes in Fath al-Bari, "Ibn as-Siraj related from Abu az-Zinad on the authority of 'Urwah from 'Aishah that the Prophet said that day: 'Let the Jews of Medinah know that our religion is spacious [and has room for relaxation] and I have been sent with an easy and straight forward religion. "'

Islam of Prophet Muhammad(saw) is EASY religion while “talibanised” ppl like u r making it impossible-to-follow religion.

Music is NOT haram on it's own ONLY wrong use is haram:-

Bukhari:15:70: & Muslim:4:1942:-
Prophet(saw) did NOT prohibit music in general ONLY one instrument was declared to be instrument of satan:-

'Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah (way peace be upon him) came (in my apartment) while there were two girls with me singing the song of the Battle of Bu'ath. He lay down on the bed and turned away his face. Then came Abu Bakr and he scolded me and said: Oh ! this musical instrument of the devil (which is “Bell”see Muslim:24:5279)in the house of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) ! The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) turned towards him and said: Leave them alone. And when he (the Holy Prophet) became inattentive, I hinted them and they went out, and it was the day of 'Id and negroes were playing with shields and spear. (I do not remember) whether I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) or whether he said to me if I desired to see (that sport). I said: Yes. I stood behind him with his face parallel to my face, and he said: O Banu Arfada, be busy (in your sports) till I was satiated. He said (to me): Is that enough? I said: Yes. Upon this he asked me to go.

Did prophet(saw) allowed a so-called "haram" thing on EID's day??? NO....
If music was "haram" prophet HIMSELF would have stoped those girls from singing.

Muslim;24:5279:-
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The bell is the musical instrument of the Satan.

Bukhari:61:568:-
Prophet(saw) did NOT prohibit Abu Musa from having this instrument:-

Narated By Abu Musa : That the Prophet said to him' "O Abu Musa! You have been given one of the musical wind-instruments of the family of David."

Bukhari:58:268:-
Narated By 'Aisha : That once Abu Bakr came to her on the day of 'Id-ul-Fitr or 'Id-ul-Adha while the Prophet was with her and there were two girl singers with her, singing songs of the Ansar about the day of Buath. Abu Bakr said twice. "Musical instrument of Satan!" But the Prophet said, "Leave them Abu Bakr, for every nation has an 'Id (i.e. festival) and this day is our 'Id."
If music was haram then why would prophet allow it on occcasion of EID!!!!!!

Not all scholars brother, don't generalize! Musical instruments are not haram as far as they are well employed and in Halal songs. Would your read the following reply:
Music: Between Beauty and Abuse - Reading Islam.com - Ask About Islam

very right.

Music per se is NOT haram ONLY wrong use of it is is bad. Like sex per se is NOT haram ONLY wrong use of it(extramarital) is haram. Like alcohol per se is NOT haram, only wrong use of it(drinking) is haram, while we can still use it as anti-septic etc.

Sahar

I think you should start a new thread discussing whether muisc is halah or haram. I think it will be great in the same faith debate section. This thread is not the right place for this.

benign6

Narrations of Ahmed bin Hanbal :
The Messenger of Allaah
saws.gif
said : "Verily Allaah prohibited wine, gambling and al-koobah; and every intoxicant is prohibited." Sufyan said : " I asked the narrator, Ali bin Badheemah, ' What is al-Koobah?' He answered, 'It is the drum'."

The Messenger of Allaah said : "Verily Allaah has prohibited for my Ummah wine, gambling, a drink distilled from corn, the drum and the lute; while He supplemented me with another Prayer, the witr"
Bukhari:56:730.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By 'Aisha : That during the Mina days, Abu Bakr came to her, while there where two girls with her, beating drums, and the Prophet was (lying) covering himself with his garment. Abu Bakr rebuked the two girls, but the Prophet uncovered his face and said, "O Abu Bakr! Leave them, for these are the days of Id (festival)." Those days were the days of Mina-. 'Aisha added, "I was being screened by the Prophet while I was watching the Ethiopians playing in the Mosque. 'Umar rebuked them, but the Prophet said, "Leave them, O Bani Arfida! Play. (for) you are safe."

all ahadees i gave were authentic(sahih) while u presented non-authentic ahadees except first one which is also a disputed one if u search in detail
& Arabic used in that hadith doesn't say "Illegal sex" rather just "sex" so it should mean that sex is prohibited even with wife!!! which is not possible so If u look at the spirit/gist of that hadith it means WRONG-USE-OF-SEX/music/alcohol etc.

& other hadith mentioning "Merriment will be made" is also about WRONG-USE-OF music & sex

& if music was prohibited/haram then WHY prophet allowed it on EID??? So haram things should be allowed on EID day!!! should we do zina on EID day??? should we drink alcohol on EID day???

benign6

[SIZE=-1]Imam IbnTaymiyyah[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Baz [/SIZE]
Why don't u read & understand Quran & Hadith urself??? why u always need these other humans to understand simple words of ALLAH & RUSOOL-OF-ALLAH.

u take word of these ordinary humans superior to word of PROPHET(pbuh). Prophet allows right-ful use of music & these humans dis-allow it in any form & u go with these humans against PROPHET.

Prophet discourages WRONG-USE-OF music/sex/alcohol while these ordinary humans dis-allow ANY-FORM-OF music & u like to present these ordinary humans against what PROPHET(saw) allowed.

I repeat my question:-
& if music was prohibited as such then WHY prophet allowed it on EID??? So haram things should be allowed on EID day!!! should we do zina on EID day??? should we drink alcohol on EID day???

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
I guess we debated this issue like for 100 times so far..

Enough guys...

Am I right, or is it me that is getting sick very soon of repeated issues?

AbuQuteiba

Why don't u read & understand Quran & Hadith urself??? why u always need these other humans to understand simple words of ALLAH & RUSOOL-OF-ALLAH.

u take word of these ordinary humans superior to word of PROPHET(pbuh). Prophet allows right-ful use of music & these humans dis-allow it in any form & u go with these humans against PROPHET.

Prophet discourages WRONG-USE-OF music/sex/alcohol while these ordinary humans dis-allow ANY-FORM-OF music & u like to present these ordinary humans against what PROPHET(saw) allowed.

I repeat my question:-
& if music was prohibited as such then WHY prophet allowed it on EID??? So haram things should be allowed on EID day!!! should we do zina on EID day??? should we drink alcohol on EID day???

Assalamu 'alaikum, benign6:

Masha'Allah. A lot of confusion in your posts, i must say. Khayrun, insha'Allah.

Youre qiyaas, if you know what that is, is very wrong. "If music was haraam, then why is it halaal on Eid day"? The Prophet Salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam, mentioned why it was allowed on this day. He said: ((Leave them, for every qowm (people) have a Eid, and today is our eid)). As in the reason i'm allowing them to do this, is because it's eid. The same goes for the other hadeeth with 'Umar. The Prophet let them play because it was a day of Eid. Plus, akhi. You're not looking at bigger picture. What did AbuBakr say when he saw them? And this is AbuBakr (don't forget). He said: "The tools (mazameer) of Satan in the house of Rasul-Illah?!" And 'Umar, in the other hadeeth, was enraged. Do you think AbuBakr would by himself, with his own ijtihaad, call singing (and the instrument the two girls were using) a tool of the shaytaan? Or do you think he would have heard this from the Prophet salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam?

As for the bell ahadeeth. You've completely misunderstood the hadeeth with Abu Musa Al-Ash'ary (radhiya Allahu 'anhu). He didn't have a bell, or any other musical instrument for that matter. The Prophet was talking about his beautiful voice when reading the Qur'an. He then compared him to Dawood 'alayhi asalaam, becauase Dawood was known for his beautiful voice.

Plus, akhi, Abdullah ibn Mas'ood (radhiya Allahu 'anhu) said concerning 'ayaa 6 in Surat Luqmaan: ((I swear by the name of Allah (3 times) that what's meant in the 'ayaa is Music))

And the authentic hadeeth. The Prophet sallaah Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: ((There will be of my ummah those who make zina (al-hira), and silk [for men] (wal hareer), and alcohol (wal khamra), and musical instruments (wal ma'aazif), halaal)).

Finally, ittaqy- Illah, and have some respect for the scholars of this Ummah. You're the one who doesn't understand the Qur'an or the ahadeeth, not them. Allahul musta'aan. Wallahu a'lam.

AbuQuteiba

I also forgot to mention this. Who are you to call another person a "talibani"?! Do you not fear Allaah?! There's also a hadeeth that says: ((The Prophet salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam always did what was easier for the Ummah, UNLESS IT WAS HARAAM)). Calling your brother a talibaani because he disagrees with you? Allah 'azza wa jal said: ((O you who believe! let not some men among you laugh at others: it may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): nor let some women laugh at others: it may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed: and those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong)) [49.11]

Laa hawla wala quwatta illaah Billaah.