• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamic Music -- Same Faith Debates

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Abdullah Ibn Mas'oud -radhiya Allahu 'anhu- a companion of the Prophet sallah Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, swore three times that it did mean music. Perhaps you should get over yourself.

OK? and what if it means music?

Can you explain that verse for me as a whole please?

benign6

Assalamu 'alaikum, benign6:
Masha'Allah. A lot of confusion in your posts, i must say. Khayrun, insha'Allah.
Confusion lies on ur side since u say that Prophet of Allah allowed a so-called "HARAAM" on EID day.

So can i do zina on EID day??? Can I drink alcohol on EID day??? Can i eat pork on Eid day???

If it was haraam. Prophet of ALLAH would NEVER ever had allowed it, even if it was Eid day or any other day.

Haraam is haraam on ALL days.
Youre qiyaas, if you know what that is, is very wrong. "If music was haraam, then why is it halaal on Eid day"?
My qiyaas(presumption) is very right & logical.

One thing u don't get is that in Islam it's not always Haraam-vs-Halaal there r other catagories as well like Discouraged-vs-Encouraged. Like "divorce" is NOT "haraam" but still "discouraged".

Music falls in same catagory of "discouraged" BUT not "haraam" on it's own. Only wrong use of it is discouraged. & I agree most of times today music is wrongly used.

Plus, akhi. You're not looking at bigger picture. What did AbuBakr say when he saw them? And this is AbuBakr (don't forget). He said: "The tools (mazameer) of Satan in the house of Rasul-Illah?!"
& Prophet of Allah rebuked him immediately. Who's superior Prophet or Abu Bakar, u be the judge.

As for the bell ahadeeth. You've completely misunderstood the hadeeth with Abu Musa Al-Ash'ary (radhiya Allahu 'anhu). He didn't have a bell, or any other musical instrument for that matter. The Prophet was talking about his beautiful voice when reading the Qur'an. He then compared him to Dawood 'alayhi asalaam, becauase Dawood was known for his beautiful voice.
U said i'm confused. Think again. U seem to be the confused one:-
Bukhari:61:568:-
Narated By Abu Musa : That the Prophet said to him' "O Abu Musa! You have been given one of the musical wind-instruments of the family of David."

Plus, akhi, Abdullah ibn Mas'ood (radhiya Allahu 'anhu) said concerning 'ayaa 6 in Surat Luqmaan: ((I swear by the name of Allah (3 times) that what's meant in the 'ayaa is Music))
& Quran:31:6-7 is talking of stories/tales that Nazar-Bin Haris used to buy story books of his trade trips & used to say to ppl look Muhammad tells u stories of Aad & Samood while I tell u stories of Kings of Pharus & of Rustam & Isfandyaar to distract them from Prophet's(saww) teachings:-

[31:6] But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge (or meaning), to mislead (men) from the Path of God and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a Humiliating Penalty.[31:7] When Our Signs are rehearsed to such a one, he turns away in arrogance, as if he heard them not, as if there were deafness in both his ears: announce to him a grievous Penalty.

I also forgot to mention this. Who are you to call another person a "talibani"?! Do you not fear Allaah?!
I'm glad at least u don't condone taliban. I didn't call u taliban but called this type of interpretation of Quran & hadees as "Talibanised" way of interpretation.

I apologise if i said so.

I didn't mean to call u taliban. I just ment to refer to this way of interpreting Quran & Hadith. Taking things so literally without considering context & without looking for true spirit of aayat & ahadees. for example they say we must keep cuffs of pants above ankle, which is sheer mis-understanding of hadith. etc.

AbuQuteiba

Confusion lies on ur side since u say that Prophet of Allah allowed a so-called "HARAAM" on EID day.

So can i do zina on EID day??? Can I drink alcohol on EID day??? Can i eat pork on Eid day???

If it was haraam. Prophet of ALLAH would NEVER ever had allowed it, even if it was Eid day or any other day.

Haraam is haraam on ALL days.

Salaamu 'alaikum. Forgot all about this thread.

Actually, you're right. Haraam should be haraam on all days. And not haraam on some days, halaal on others. Yet, we have a hadeeth, Walhamdulillaah. When AbuBakr-radhiyallaahu 'anhu- said: "mazameer ashaytaan fee beyti rasool Illaah: (the instrument of the devil in the home of the Messenger of Allaah!!) The Prophet Sallaa Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: "Let them be. For every people their lies a 'eid (celebration) and today is ours". If Abu Bakr, had been wrong about calling it the instruments of shaytaan, then the Prophet-Sallaa Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam- would have corrected him by saying, that these are not mazameer ashaytaan. And not by telling him that this is our day of celebration. In fact, if you understand the Prophet's speech correctly, you'd realize, that he meant by "and today is our day of celebration", that it is allowed to use some of these things on days of celebration, and not on ordinary days. This is called "mafhoom al-mukhaalafa", a concept you should read about in the books of "Usool al-fiqh".

My qiyaas(presumption) is very right & logical.

One thing u don't get is that in Islam it's not always Haraam-vs-Halaal there r other catagories as well like Discouraged-vs-Encouraged. Like "divorce" is NOT "haraam" but still "discouraged".

Music falls in same catagory of "discouraged" BUT not "haraam" on it's own. Only wrong use of it is discouraged. & I agree most of times today music is wrongly used.

Subhaan Allaah. And the rulings of "makrooh" (discouraged) and "mustahab" (encouraged), are also two legitimate rulings of the Sharee'a (Islaamic law). They require daleel (proof) from the Qur'aan and Sunnah. You have yet to give any.

Who's superior Prophet or Abu Bakar, u be the judge[/B].

I've already refuted this. First of all, the Prophet did not rebuke Aba Bakrin, radhiyallaahu 'anhu. To rebuke is to express sharp dissproval or criticism. The most beloved companion to the Prophet-salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam- was Aba Bakr. So have fear of Allaah concerning the words you choose.

The Prophet corrected AbuBakr. And if you look closely, you'd see that he corrected him on telling the two servant girls to stop, on this day ('eid). But he did not correct Abu Bakr's statement of calling the two drums, instruments of the devil. Plus, like i've said before. Abu Bakr, is the best of the sahaaba. He wouldn't dare forbid evil, in the presence of the Prophet, without him having prior knowledge that what he was forbidding was truly evil.

SIZE=3]U said i'm confused. Think again. U seem to be the confused one:-[/SIZE]
Bukhari:61:568:-
Narated By Abu Musa : That the Prophet said to him' "O Abu Musa! You have been given one of the musical wind-instruments of the family of David."

Subhaan Allaah. You called the brother a 'talibani' for taking the thaahir (obvious) of the ahadeeth, and not trying to "consider context". And i, will call you a jaahil, for not knowing the context you speak of whatsoever. Return to the hadeeth. The hadeeth mentions that the Prophet was walking at night. He heard Abu Moosa al-'Asha'aree-radhiyallaahu 'anhu- reciting the Qur'aan. Which lead the Prophet to say the statement "you have been given a mizmaar (bell) of mazameer (bell) Dawood (David). This lead to Abu Moosa saying: "If i knew you were standing there, oh Prophet of Allaah, I would have made my recitation even more beautiful". This made the Prophet smile.

Akhee, Allaah yahdeek. Think!

I'm glad at least u don't condone taliban. I didn't call u taliban but called this type of interpretation of Quran & hadees as "Talibanised" way of interpretation.

Allaahul musta'aan. "Talibanised way". Masha'Allaah, tabaarak Allaah. Ignorance, and innovations.

I apologise if i said so.

I didn't mean to call u taliban. I just ment to refer to this way of interpreting Quran & Hadith. Taking things so literally without considering context & without looking for true spirit of aayat & ahadees. for example they say we must keep cuffs of pants above ankle, which is sheer mis-understanding of hadith. etc.

Let us finish this debate before going into another one. Wassalaamu 'alaikum.