• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam and Free Thinking

rocala

It depends on which Islamic society the talk is about...

There are many moderate Muslim societies which are open minded and believe in freedom of thinking..

As Shia Muslims we are entertained by new ideas..

Unless the change is against the teachings of the Quran; as explained by AhlulBayt a.s., we can accept it.

Hi, thank you for your reply. That is pretty much how I see the situation too. Not sure about my friend but emotional involvement does tend to cloud things. Matters are not helped, in the West at least, by selective and sometimes sensationalist media coverage.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Hi, thank you for your reply. That is pretty much how I see the situation too. Not sure about my friend but emotional involvement does tend to cloud things. Matters are not helped, in the West at least, by selective and sometimes sensationalist media coverage.
I agree.
Sometimes the media plays with the events.
Regards