• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISIS Shares Shocking Video of Beheading as Children Cheer.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
But wait, I thought Trump declared he'd fixed ISIS?
ISIS cannot be fixed because Islam was originally founded as an extremist religion and Muhammad was a terrorist who cut off heads like ISIS, so such groups will always be around who want to practice Islam as Muhammad taught his followers.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
He wiped out basically all of their territorial holdings, which was the original mission we wanted to accomplish. Completely eradicating ISIS is another matter altogether.
Same to you. Cool goal post shift. I remember what he said. This "oh, ahh... ahh... um... well what he akshually wanted to do was just wipe out their territorial holdings" is a lame revisionist handwave to avoid admitting that Trump was making stupid bull**** claims, just like we told you at the time.

16 times Trump said ISIS was defeated, or soon would be Nothing there about "wiping out territorial holdings" being his goal. Stop apologising for him.

Feb. 16 -- Trump writes on Twitter that the United States is “pulling back after 100 percent Caliphate victory!" If ISIS is still beheading people, it wasn't a "100 percent victory", was it?

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Same to you. Cool goal post shift. I remember what he said. This "oh, ahh... ahh... um... well what he akshually wanted to do was just wipe out their territorial holdings" is a lame revisionist handwave to avoid admitting that Trump was making stupid bull**** claims, just like we told you at the time.

16 times Trump said ISIS was defeated, or soon would be Nothing there about "wiping out territorial holdings" being his goal. Stop apologising for him.
I'm not apologizing for him. I didn't even vote for him in 2016, and I don't see what could make me vote for him in 2020. I'm just pointing out the facts. Even the article you yourself posted has Trump referring to "the Caliphate" as the land holdings of ISIS in Iraq and Syria--hence the name, ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and Syria).

Kangaroo Feathers

I'm not apologizing for him.
you absolutely are
I'm just pointing out the facts.
bull****. You are making up claims from whole cloth
Even the article you yourself posted has Trump referring to "the Caliphate" as the land holdings of ISIS in Iraq and Syria--hence the name, ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and Syria).
Dude. His own words are right there in the article. He claimed 100 percent victory against ISIS. It wasn't achieved then, and certainly isn't the case now. Just like people who actually know about this stuff tried to explain to the Trumpettes at the time, but nooooo... they knew better.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Feb. 16 -- Trump writes on Twitter that the United States is “pulling back after 100 percent Caliphate victory!" If ISIS is still beheading people, it wasn't a "100 percent victory", was it?
Maybe the new term is neo-isis.

Kangaroo Feathers

Maybe the new term is neo-isis.
Maybe there is no new term, and it's ISIS, that Trump claimed to have defeated, but lied about. Maybe when people tried to tell you at the time that ISIS wasn't defeated, you should have listened. Maybe you should stop attempting to rewrite history to enable Trump. Maybe when he ****s in your hand and calls it chocolate, you should stop licking it up with a huge stupid grin.

Twilight Hue

Maybe there is no new term, and it's ISIS, that Trump claimed to have defeated, but lied about. Maybe when people tried to tell you at the time that ISIS wasn't defeated, you should have listened. Maybe you should stop attempting to rewrite history to enable Trump. Maybe when he ****s in your hand and calls it chocolate, you should stop licking it up with a huge stupid grin.
It's clearly a territorial victory so Trump is right. We did defeat Isis.

They pretty much have been relegated to a group of terrorists now, much like neo Nazis and the neo Confederacy is.

It just means they don't hold territory anymore.

There is however a legitimate concern they could reacquire territory over the course of time which would necessitate constant monitoring and engagements when needed.

Kangaroo Feathers

It's clearly a territorial Victory so Trump is right. We did defeat Isis.

They pretty much have been relegated to a group of terrorists now, much like neo Nazis and the neo Confederacy is.

It just means they don't hold territory anymore.

There is however a legitimate concern they could reacquire territory over the course of time which would necessitate constant monitoring and engagements when needed.
If they're still cutting people's heads off, they're not defeated. They may no longer hold territory, but that is a different claim. Trump said, and I quote "100 percent victory". He lied. Or simply made up false, major geopolitical claims without knowing the facts because he's an ignorant buffoon, whichever you prefer. Just like I and others tried to tell you at the time. Stop apologising for him.

Last edited:

Shiranui117

Premium Member
If they're still cutting people's heads off, they're not defeated. They may no longer hold territory, but that is a different claim. Trump said, and I quote "100 percent victory". He lied. Just like I and others tried to tell you at the time. Stop apologising for him.
This all depends on the "victory" Trump was going for. Which, in the article that, once again, you posted, it would seem that Trump was looking for the territorial victory. ISIS is dead. But the terrorist group "Islamic State" lives on.

Kangaroo Feathers

This all depends on the "victory" Trump was going for. Which, in the article that, once again, you posted, it would seem that Trump was looking for the territorial victory.
100 percent victory. That's the claim. It's pretty unambiguous. It means, you know, 100 percent victory. People still getting their heads cut off =/= 100 percent victory. There's really very little wriggle room.

Twilight Hue

If they're still cutting people's heads off, they're not defeated. They may no longer hold territory, but that is a different claim. Trump said, and I quote "100 percent victory". He lied. Just like I and others tried to tell you at the time. Stop apologising for him.
Heads have been lopped off with these people long before Isis was even formed.

This isn't anything exclusive to the group itself. They are pretty much marauders now, albiet still dangerous. That's where mop up operations come into play as with the aftermath of pretty much any war.

I'm pretty sure these people will be hunted down.

Shiranui117

Premium Member
100 percent victory. That's the claim. It's pretty unambiguous. It means, you know, 100 percent victory. People still getting their heads cut off =/= 100 percent victory. There's really very little wriggle room.
So what you're saying is you disagree with the fact that our military objective in the Middle East was to take back all of ISIS' territorial gains? You think instead that our objective was to hunt down and kill every single individual that ever signed up for ISIS and that could still potentially be active in tiny remnant cells elsewhere in the world?

Kangaroo Feathers

So what you're saying is you disagree with the fact that our military objective in the Middle East was to take back all of ISIS' territorial gains? You think instead that our objective was to hunt down and kill every single individual that ever signed up for ISIS and that could still potentially be active in tiny remnant cells elsewhere in the world?
No, what I'm saying is what I actually said.

Trump claimed 100 percent victory over ISIS when 100 percent victory over ISIS had not been achieved. Pretty simple. People still getting their heads cut off would not occur if 100 percent victory had been achieved. Those goal posts are pretty solid. 100 percent victory. That's the claim.

Want to start arguing that "hunting down every single individual that ever signed up for ISIS and that could still potentially be active in tiny remnant cells elsewhere in the world" is an unachievable goal? I'm prone to agree. So it's stupid to make claims about 100 percent victories then, isn't it?

Shiranui117

Premium Member
No, what I'm saying is what I actually said.

Trump claimed 100 percent victory over ISIS when 100 percent victory over ISIS had not been achieved. Pretty simple.
I think you're purposely defining "victory over ISIS" to mean something other than what our actual military goals in the region were: To retake all of ISIS' territorial holdings and end the pseudostate they had created in the region. If you have links to documents from the Pentagon or the Defense Secretary's office stating otherwise concerning our military objectives in the region, feel free to post them. We achieved victory in accordance with our military objectives. Just not in accordance with your personal definition of what you think "victory" actually should look like.

Kangaroo Feathers

I think you're purposely defining "victory over ISIS" to mean something other than what our actual military goals in the region were: To retake all of ISIS' territorial holdings and end the pseudostate they had created in the region. If you have links to documents from the Pentagon or the Defense Secretary's office stating otherwise concerning our military objectives in the region, feel free to post them. We achieved victory in accordance with our military objectives. Just not in accordance with your personal definition of what you think "victory" actually should look like.
But Trump didn't say "We achieved victory in accordance with our military objectives." he claimed 100 percent victory. i.e. he lied. The issue isn't about the Pentagon's, or my, opinions of what victory should look like, the issue is that Trump claimed 100 percent victory. No caveats, no explanation. No "we achieved our military goals in this specific geographic region. 100 percent victory. That was HIS claim, and HIS claim was unambiguously false. Just like I and many others tried to tell the Trumpettes at the time he made it.

Want to start arguing that "hunting down every single individual that ever signed up for ISIS and that could still potentially be active in tiny remnant cells elsewhere in the world" is an unachievable goal? I'm prone to agree. So it's stupid to make claims about 100 percent victories then, isn't it?

Don't get ****ty at me for pointing out that his claim was false, get ****ty at him for making the false claim.