• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISIS facing manpower shortages

Pink Top Hat

If you were there and they threatened to slaughter your family (aside from sister, wife, mother being kept for sale) unless you got on board and joined ranks...what would you say?

That is intense fear most people will never experience...it's not ignorance that compels them.

I met people like the ones in ISIS during my couple years of journeying Iraq/Middle East. Most people would crap their pants and do as dictated. We saw this literally over and over again, even in detention centers.

No aspect of the U.S. military practices combat with live bodies...they may test out new or developmental toys.

where did you meet them, what are their names and who are the people you speak of who were crapping their pants?

Pink Top Hat

Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt is not affiliated with ISIS, Pink. Muslim Brotherhood is a much more mainstream but still conservative Muslim movement that recently, until the Army coup was the government of Egypt, not ISIS.

Do you live in the ME? do you sit with the MB and listen to them because I do? what makes you so sure to say they are not affiliated to ISIS?

Sees

Dragonslayer
where did you meet them, what are their names and who are the people you speak of who were crapping their pants?

Umm...I've met thousands of people in and around Iraq during Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom, etc....

We dealt with lots of detainees.

You can guess the names. Would you know/have known any of the people? We had some key ISIS people.

Pink Top Hat

There is also the fear of the Shia militias. They aren't much better than ISIS, and certainly worse if you are a Sunni. Something that tends to be a bit underreported. Kurds and Yezidi militias have apparently been taking a bit of revenge on Arabs too.

A horrible sectarian environment has been festering in the region for years which doesn't bode well for the future.

ISIS also carrying out some purges at the moment in light of apparent leadership struggles, always good to see them fighting amongst themselves:

Islamic State executes prominent members who planned coup - ARA News

They seem to be consolidating their positions a bit at the moment though. While they were defeated in Kobani, the fact that they were so persistent in attempts to take the city doesn't seem to suggest that they are suffering from too severe a manpower shortage.

I doubt there will be any significant changes in the near future. It's depressing enough for an outsider, can't imagine what it must be like for the people who actually have to experience it.

and...?
I'm sure that all of that was given plenty consideration when the USA decided to destroy Iraq Libya and Syria and almost Egypt. They knew exactly who they were arming and funding and what the result would be.

Pink Top Hat

Umm...I've met thousands of people in and around Iraq during Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom, etc....

We dealt with lots of detainees.

You can guess the names. Would you know/have known any of the people? We had some key ISIS people.
who?

Syrians Egyptians Libyans are confounded why John Mc Cain would be sent to arm them and support them... I'm sure that all of that was given plenty consideration when the USA decided to destroy Iraq Libya and Syria and almost Egypt. They knew exactly who they were arming and funding and what the result would be.
Another thing

Since when does the sun shine from both sides and cast shadows in 2 different directions?????

The problem with these conspiracy theories is that they require the US to be both incredibly good at manipulating people and keeping it hidden despite the vast numbers of people involved, but also completely incompetent to the point that they couldn't photoshop a basic image to a high standard if they wanted to, if that is what you are implying from your quote.

Don't forget they faked a moon landing in a tv studio 50 years ago after all so they have a long history of manipulating complex images ;)

You do it because you have lost your mind to their ideology and support any measures to unseat the Egyptian president who the USA hate.

Do you mean Sisi, who the US give billions of $$$ in military aid to? Wish they hated me as well :pensive: