• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Isaiah 65:2-5.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
....... I agree with you that faith is unreasonable and illogical, and is not a reliable method to arrive at truth..............
I see no use for faith and no value in its application. If I cannot use reason, logic, or reliable evidence to justify a proposed belief, then I don't believe it. How is that not the superior epistemology? For me, there is no tension between truth and logic, nor between truth and reason or truth and demonstrable facts. I have no need to struggle under this burden of cognitive dissonance because I'm am free to be intellectually honest. I'm free to set my standard uniformly and simply be reasonable about everything I believe. In particular, I can derive my own self-worth, purpose, and meaning without emotional dependency on a seemingly unreasonable doctrine. This is the freedom that comes when we leave religion behind..............

I can agree that 'credulity' (aka blind faith) is unreasonable, etc.
But 'biblical faith is confidence and trust' in what Jesus taught.
Jesus used reasonable-and-logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures on which to base his teachings.

Yes, because we were created with free-will choices we are all free to set one's own standard.... etc.
Anyone can derive one's self worth, purpose and meaning in life, but the Bible tells us about the Source of Hope.
Meaning and Purpose can come to an end without future Hope.
To me, only the God of the Bible gives us real Hope of good times coming - Revelation 22:2