• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Trinity in the Bible?

lunamoth

Will to love
Well I can't remember who did it but the debate sat for a while then some one, maybe a new person, sparked the debate again. I think all of these debates (Is Yeshua God, Is trinity in the bible etc) will either go on forever or die out due to bordum.
No they don't.

Popeyesays

Well, maybe some of them did and some of them didn't. And, of course, some of them are undecided.

Regards,
Scott

Muffled

Jesus in me
There could be one God resident in three personalities, all sharing the same attributes of diety. God has told us in His word that "My ways are not your ways and my thoughts are not your thoughts". There are mysteries associated with an almighty God that have yet to be revealed to the feebleness of the human psyche.

If you have three personalities or three persons, you have three gods in direct contradiction of the Bible which states that God is one.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
If you have three personalities or three persons, you have three gods in direct contradiction of the Bible which states that God is one.

Yeshua does not reveal that he and God are one in that he IS God. Yeshua only reveals that he and God are one in purpose and as he prayed to his god he hoped we would be one with them. One in purpose but not one in the same.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Not if you have three Persons who are one God...

Fortunately there are not three persons in the Godhead, so we don't have the type of confusion of which you speak. You could conceivably have a god that is a triunvirate but it would talk and act as three gods not one.

Francine

Fortunately there are not three persons in the Godhead, so we don't have the type of confusion of which you speak. You could conceivably have a god that is a triunvirate but it would talk and act as three gods not one.

There is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one, the Glory equal, the Majesty co-eternal.

Popeyesays

There is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one, the Glory equal, the Majesty co-eternal.

Now support that scripturally.

Regards,
Scott

Francine

Now support that scripturally.

In Matthew 28:19, Jesus instructs the apostles: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

He does not say "names" (plural), but "name" (singular).

Popeyesays

In Matthew 28:19, Jesus instructs the apostles: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

He does not say "names" (plural), but "name" (singular).

"6And the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mount where Jesus appointed them, 17and having seen him, they bowed to him, but some did waver.
18And having come near, Jesus spake to them, saying, `Given to me was all authority in heaven and on earth;
19having gone, then, disciple all the nations, (baptizing them -- to the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
20teaching them to observe all, whatever I did command you,) and lo, I am with you all the days -- till the full end of the age.'" Young's Literal Translation

Grammatically it would be incorrect to uses NAMES since it is directing three separate SINGLE names. The words would best be simplified by making it three sentences.
Baptise them in the name of the Father. Baptise them in the name of the Son. Baptise them in the name of the Holy SPirit.

In no wise does it create the trinity as a triune GOD.

Regards,
Scott

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

"6And the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mount where Jesus appointed them, 17and having seen him, they bowed to him, but some did waver.
18And having come near, Jesus spake to them, saying, `Given to me was all authority in heaven and on earth;
19having gone, then, disciple all the nations, (baptizing them -- to the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
20teaching them to observe all, whatever I did command you,) and lo, I am with you all the days -- till the full end of the age.'" Young's Literal Translation

Grammatically it would be incorrect to uses NAMES since it is directing three separate SINGLE names. The words would best be simplified by making it three sentences.
Baptise them in the name of the Father. Baptise them in the name of the Son. Baptise them in the name of the Holy SPirit.

In no wise does it create the trinity as a triune GOD.

Regards,
Scott

Yea, that's the problem when people keep reading these KJV and others that keep using that verse. The RSV scholars have thrown out a few verses that did not appear in the ealier manuscripts and that is fine by me. But this particular verse I touched on back in Post 689.

In that Post I listed the following information.....;

Eusebius Pamphilus quoted it as;

“Mt. 28:18: And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mt. 28:19: Go ye, and make disciples of all nations in my name:
Mt. 28:20: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

Quotation found in his “Oration in praise of the Emperor Constantine,” Chapter XVI, (335 A.D.), in “The Church History of Eusebius”, Book III, Chapter V (324 A.D.). in his Demonstratio Evangelica Book III, Chapter 6 (318 A.D.), in his Theophania

So way back then they were'nt quoting the verses that exist in the KJV.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]2. ?19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.?[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]- Matthew 28/19[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]1. ?7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one.?[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]- 1 John, 5/7[/FONT]

Popeyesays

"
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]1. ?7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one.?"

That's not the words of Jesus, but John. First John is not a Gospel it is a letter from John to one of the churches of the time.

Regards,
Scott
[/FONT]