• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is transitioning (transgender) a sin?

shmogie

Since you're an alleged Christian, I'll just be blunt. What you suggest left me often crying myself to sleep, turned me into a miserable pile of flesh, and it left me wanting to die, suicidal (one attempt), and utterly lost in life. And Frank, and myself, don't believe in your god so none of that applies or would work. You might as well tell us to go talk to our pet rocks.
What I suggested did all that to you ? Wow, I have much more power than I thought.

Dude, you did it all to yourself. God had nothing to do with it.

So, you are happy now, good.

Btw the person in question appears to be a believer, and I SAID not one thing but encouragement. You were so distracted by your foaming at the mouth, you didn`t even read it, just responded, kneejerky

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What I suggested did all that to you ? Wow, I have much more power than I thought.
I went through all that before I even knew you existed, before I was on this site, even before the world wide web came to be. It just kept getting worse until I gave it all up.
Btw the person in question appears to be a believer, and I SAID not one thing but encouragement. You were so distracted by your foaming at the mouth, you didn`t even read it, just responded, kneejerky
I didn't know "Hellenic polytheism" appears as "Christian." And you blatantly disrespected Frank with your "alleged transsexual." It's a given he probably looks way more masculine and manly than I do, and with the amount of changes he's been through with no signs of looking back it's safe to say he's not "allegedly," he is.
Dude, you did it all to yourself. God had nothing to do with it.
Had Jehovah never been in my life, the seeds of despair would never have been sown.

shmogie

If you encourage someone who is anorexic, they'll get sick and die. Psychotic delusions, encouraging those gets people in jail, hospitalized in psychiatric wards, and sometimes dead. With transsexuals, transitioning brings improvement in ADL and decreases in suicide.

I've had to have numerous surgeries for various things, because that's the way I was born. Should I have never had my knees treated or even my first surgery since they're bad anyways and hurt all the time as it is? Should I not have even bothered with therapy to help my social skills since I have Asperger's? What about the invisiline braces a dentist recommended to me to correct my over-bite? Should I decline that since it's changing myself?

Myers-Briggs is non-scientific and total bull****, BTW. It has a very poor reliability, prediction ability, and validity, and it is often regarded as pseudo-science. Myers had a degree in agriculture, Briggs was in political science, they read Jung, and concocted a steaming pile of horse manure.

As was homosexuality. Until they realized it's not a disorder. Anymore, being trans isn't much considered a disorder, but a "convenient thing for health insurance" as a diagnosis opens up many doors for treatment possibilities, and it is increasingly considered that the depression, anxiety, decreased ADL, and other ailments are the disorders.

Sexuality is not the same thing as gender.

Yup. I am a woman. That's pretty much always been. I just had to accept that and give up the charade of trying to be a man.
So your DNA will reflect that you are female ?

shmogie

I went through all that before I even knew you existed, before I was on this site, even before the world wide web came to be. It just kept getting worse until I gave it all up.

I didn't know "Hellenic polytheism" appears as "Christian."

Had Jehovah never been in my life, the seeds of despair would never have been sown.
I doubt that very much

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I doubt that very much
Doubt it all you want, facts are Jehovah was killing me slowly and painfully.
So your DNA will reflect that you are female ?
Based on a few physiological traits I have I'm honestly not to sure what my chromosomes are. My hands and feet are small for my size for someone assigned male at birth (it's not unusual or uncommon if a cis-woman has the same size hands/feet as me if not bigger), I have no adams apple, I have female finger digit ratio, and especially my hips, which are wide enough that I can easily cross my legs and sit with my knees together, wide enough to give me a bit of a curvy figure, and those traits just typically are not associated with XY chromosomes (I also started hormone therapy after puberty). However, it's really not important enough to me to have it examined. It would basically change nothing in my life as far as I am concerned.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Since you are an alleged transsexual, I will not speak in my normal direct manner.

I would suggest that you pray about the issue, and what you are feeling and thinking. The Holy Spirit will address your heart.

The issue is between you and God alone, no one else can judge you, they have no right.

If you had considered God before the procedure/s, you might not be having these questions.

God is all about mercy, yet he is also about justice.

Place yourself in his hands, allow him to guide, and listen.

You are loved by him so much, that if you were the only person on earth Christ would die for your redemption.
I am not a Christian and haven't been for awhile. This thread is old and was bumped by someone.