• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this potential evidence for the resurrection of Christ?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Paul's are the only writings early enough to account for an eyewitness. And Paul admits that he's not an eyewitness. There are no eyewitnesses to the Resurrection. None.

Someone should tell Wikipedia, since going with the majority of scholars rather than fringe liberal scholars, they date nearly every NT book early enough that young disciples who were eyewitnesses of Jesus could have written them AND locals could have, with their living memory, refuted them, but did NOT.

There are no counter-documents to the early NT documents with their extraordinary claims, including miracles across the Roman world!

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Textual criticism is something I do in academic conferences, but it's a lot more easily accomplished when the author(s) is dead and cannot defend their views or veracity. That's my point.
The texts say what the texts say.

They say there are at least five different Jesuses in the NT, for instance ─ one ordinary Jew (Mark), two genetic sons of God (Matthew, Luke), and two demiurges (Paul, John). Mark's is not descended from David; the others are, two (Matthew, Luke) by blatantly fake genealogies, the other two merely by allegation.

I've already pointed out that the accounts of the resurrection are a forensic trainwreck.

And so on.

They're texts you study, so you already know these things.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Your Jude dating is minority scholarship, that assumes the apocrypha quoted inside was written first, not vice versa. Jude is a "brother of Jesus Christ" so the dating serves to make the author a liar, convenient for fringe liberal scholars

Markan priority says otherwise that 70. Another fringe scholar "opinion" that lacks forensic proof
Hardly “fringe.” You’re grasping at straws. Very, very fragile straws.

sojourner

I wrote: "You should recall the Jews who wrote the NT were under threat of expulsion from Jewish religious and secular life and under threat of martyrdom from Rome. Stop this nonsense, please..." and not "circa 50 AD expulsion from the City of Rome".

As a Jew, I can say categorically the NT writers have superior mishnah and show intimacy with Jewish customs and religion.
So? That doesn’t change their dates.

sojourner

Someone should tell Wikipedia
Wikipedia is hardly an acceptable scholarly source. No accredited graduate seminary would allow the use of Wikipedia as a source for an exegetical paper. Try the Anchor Commentary or Sacra Pagina. Heck, Stephen Harris blows Wikipedia out of the water and he’s “NT 101” stuff.

sojourner

Your friend may feel he is gifted with infallible right readin’
The post reads like typical, conservative head-in-the-sand stuff. They can’t stand that the Bible isn’t credible as an eyewitness history, so they bias their research.

sojourner

Nope. There's a whole bunch of stiff-necked, spiritually-and-history challenged scholars and historians who blew it on the resurrection.

Jesus is RISEN in all four Gospels and various epistles.
None of those constitute evidence, however.

Audie

Veteran Member
The post reads like typical, conservative head-in-the-sand stuff. They can’t stand that the Bible isn’t credible as an eyewitness history, so they bias their research.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, religious beliefs seem to
require intellectual dishonesty at some point.
Exceptions would be welcome.

tas8831

I would not say moot but not important. From my understanding, people on higher planes of consciousness can do what are considered miracles.
I've never heard of such people. What miracles do they perform? You aren't talking about Benny Hinn, I hope..

tas8831

Why don't you skeptics ever do your proper due-diligence? Read it.

51QG8FPL2KL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Does it provide evidence for the earthquakes, darkness at noon, and zombies rising from the dead?