• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Theology garbage philosophy?

David T

Premium Member
Is Theology just garbage Philosophy? Which leads me to wonder if much of philosophy really is just garbage philosophy itself.

On the other hand, i do know of theologians who occasionally say something, that defies what passes here on this site and many others as Theology. I also know this occurs in philosophy. My only conclusion is lack of talent.. Which btw i include myself in that group. Although i can whip up a mean building when needed. Writing, is not my art. Is theology and philosophy really a spectral thing of writing?

David T

Premium Member
Drop the "philosophy".
Well no it fits in the philosophy catagory for sure. Philosphy isnt magically Objective theology proves that alone. So i might say we owe some thanks theology at least at that level..

Thief

Rogue Theologian
garbage philosophy can happen to anyone

seems to me.....ANY idea can be taken to a limit
going further dilutes the notion

ALL of these threads we participate in wash out to digression

FEW of them end with a definitive

usfan

I lump them all together, for the most part. Theology is just philosophizing about God, and philosophy is an attempt to explain the universe and God with reason.

So, it's pot, kettle, black, as far as one label being touted as 'better!' than the other.

It's like the phony, 'Atheists vs Christians!' flame wars. Its all just theological philosophizing as an ego prop.. a playground competition to assert dominance. :shrug:

usfan

Omg best answer!!!! It also reveals a problem without stating it As well! Double the points.
I just assumed by 'theology!', Christianity was meant. And 'philosophy!' is the opposite, so 'atheism!', is the intent, there. IOW, it IS just the phony 'Atheists vs Christians!', flame war, just restated with different terms.. ;)

David T

Premium Member
I just assumed by 'theology!', Christianity was meant. And 'philosophy!' is the opposite, so 'atheism!', is the intent, there. IOW, it IS just the phony 'Atheists vs Christians!', flame war, just restated with different terms.. ;)
Really so do you actually have a degree in theology. Or are you just a make believer "i have read the bible and really understand IT" Garbage. BASED ON WHAT EXACTLY?
A complete fraud is easy to spot a mile away. An unexamined life dressed as a xhristian is a pituful joke and a fraud, they are self deluded and that is self evident except to them.

Last edited: