• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the vestigial organ argument a vestige of poor science

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why do you think the rule was made? If the power went out, how many of us could type?

It is not a rule. It is a practicality. Sometimes people cannot quote from the sources that they link. Why not check out people's links when they give them? I do quite often, even if they are not quoted from. I find out quite often more about the poster that way. Many links come from biased or poor sources. For example to even work at most creationist sites one must swear not to follow the scientific method. That means that their articles are not valid in a scientific debate. Some people link news from either the far left or the far right. Again, not every reliable.

nPeace

Veteran Member
We convict and sentence people to death based on inferences from data, so I'm not sure why you think inference is an issue.

Should we release everyone convicted of crimes for which there were no eye witnesses?
Issue? Where did you read anything about an issue?

whirlingmerc

Umm actually the link pretty much starts out with the explanation of how the Appendix acts as a safe house for bad bacteria. Something I vaguely recall learning back in like primary school science class during the goddamned 1990s!

bad evolutionary science dies slowly...

Hackle's embryo claims and conclusions were in all sorts of science texts through the last century even 150 years after it was a known fraud

Then there's piltdown man

nPeace

Veteran Member
It is not a rule. It is a practicality. Sometimes people cannot quote from the sources that they link. Why not check out people's links when they give them? I do quite often, even if they are not quoted from. I find out quite often more about the poster that way. Many links come from biased or poor sources. For example to even work at most creationist sites one must swear not to follow the scientific method. That means that their articles are not valid in a scientific debate. Some people link news from either the far left or the far right. Again, not every reliable.
Some links are pages long. I didn't write the rule. I understand and appreciate the reason it was given.

whirlingmerc

Now the penny drops.

Dawkins was in a famous documentary called 'frog to a Prince" when he was asked if he could think of a case where any biological point mutation caused an increase in information and could not

see

hmm he dodged the question and talked about something else

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Some links are pages long. I didn't write the rule. I understand and appreciate the reason it was given.
You don't have to read the entire link. One can usually see the message that they are trying to get across in the first paragraph. The rest of the link usually supports that claim.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Dawkins was in a famous documentary called 'frog to a Prince" when he was asked if he could think of a case where any biological point mutation caused an increase in information and could not
I don't think there was such a "documentary". If you mean a dishonest creationist hit piece, I do remember him being asked an extremely stupid question and the sheer idiocy of it making him pause.

In case you want to know almost every mutation results in "new information". By definition if the genome is changed then the information is changed and it is "new". Perhaps you would like to try to rephrase your question. Don't worry, it can be answered.