• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the term "homophobe" subjective?

psychedelicsoul

You can freely associate with the KKK or any other white supremacist group, but you can't refuse to serve people who aren't white. The law must be made consistent, which means eliminating special privileges for things like getting to choose what groups you are going to discriminate against.

Yea... you can choose not to cater a clan rally, but you can't deny services to someone because you personally know they're a member of the clan.
Just like you should be free not to cater a gay wedding, and that is different from refusing service to them period.

You're denying an event not a person.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Chick Fil A never discriminated, and Memories Pizza serves homosexuals, they just wouldn't cater a ceremony.

you have no right to services they don't offer. A gay wedding is a seperate ceremony and nobody should be forced to be involved in any way with a ceremony they disagree with.
Please read what was said again.

This does not address what was said.

psychedelicsoul

Please read what was said again.

This does not address what was said.

You said you gave two examples of business's getting support for discrimination. What were they? Cause I was simply pointing out how Chick Fil A and that pizza place in Indiana did nothing wrong.
Were you talking about something else?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
You said you gave two examples of business's getting support for discrimination. What were they? Cause I was simply pointing out how Chick Fil A and that pizza place in Indiana did nothing wrong.
Again, are you really that dense or are you feigning ignorance?

McBell

You're the one who can't grasp the simple concept that I believe that denying service to any event is okay and can't be compared to denying a person in general.
Still beating that dead horse?
I understand that you think you above quoted belief gives you some sort of free pass.
The problem is that in the really real world, that is not how it works.

psychedelicsoul

Still beating that dead horse?
I understand that you think you above quoted belief gives you some sort of free pass.
The problem is that in the really real world, that is not how it works.

In a lot of states, we thankfully are free not to associate with homosexuals. And a lot of states have religious freedom laws that help allow Christians to operate. One passed in my state of NC. I believe in freedom to do whatever you want all the time as long as you don't harm others.

McBell

In a lot of states, we thankfully are free not to associate with homosexuals. And a lot of states have religious freedom laws that help allow Christians to operate. One passed in my state of NC. I believe in freedom to do whatever you want all the time as long as you don't harm others.
Yes, you have completed that circle several times already.
The rest of us have moved on.
Why are you stuck in that circle?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You said any business that chose to (or wanted to) discriminate against gay people would quickly go out of business.That such a practice would be "eliminated by the market."

Ye people flocked to Chik Fil A (who monetarily support anti-gay groups) and Memories Pizza after their discriminatory views against gay people were made public.

And then here you are talking about how great it is that you don't have to associate with gay people in a lot of states.

psychedelicsoul

You said any business that chose to (or wanted to) discriminate against gay people would quickly go out of business.That such a practice would be "eliminated by the market."

Ye people flocked to Chik Fil A (who monetarily support anti-gay groups) and Memories Pizza after their discriminatory views against gay people were made public.

And then here you are talking about how great it is that you don't have to associate with gay people in a lot of states.

And I explained how those organizations are not guilty of discriminating against people for the basis of sexual orientation. Chik Fil A can do whatever they want with their money. All that matters is chicken.

And I'm not gonna explain again how denying a event is different from denying a person. Memories Pizza in no way professed to discriminate against homosexuals.

Is there an example of them denying someone, just because they're gay, and christians flocking to it?

McBell

And I explained how those organizations are not guilty of discriminating against people for the basis of sexual orientation. Chik Fil A can do whatever they want with their money. All that matters is chicken.

And I'm not gonna explain again how denying a event is different from denying a person. Memories Pizza in no way professed to discriminate against homosexuals.

Is there an example of them denying someone, just because they're gay, and christians flocking to it?
and here we see the one track mindedness that destroys any honest discussion with you on the topic.

McBell

That's because you keep saying the same things, and I give the same answers. If you wanna ask me something, ask me something different.
NO, I am saying different things.
It is you who, in your desperate need to justify your beliefs, is only hearing one thing.

McBell

Well in that last message I wasn't talking to you but whatever... what point are you currently trying to make?
The fact that a company will not necessarily go out of business, but in fact will thrive in some cases.
You have been shown two point blank examples that clearly show this to be the case.