• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the soul worthy of worship?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Definitely not

Blasphemy means that you for example belittle God. That seems kind of impossible to me, knowing that people attribute Omnipotence to God. Imagine an infinitesimal impotent human being trying to belittle God. That seems unreal to me

That's like an ant bashing a huge elephant. The elephant won't loose any sleep because of that nor would the elephant get emotionally traumatized (except maybe in youtube movies)

An ant that claimed to be an elephant might be belittling God.
God could easily show the ant that it is wrong if it wanted to however.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
An ant that claimed to be an elephant might be belittling God.
God could easily show the ant that it is wrong if it wanted to however.
:D
True

Ants can't even breathe, unless God Wills it,

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
No, but it sounds bad and not reasonable. Can you explain why it would be reasonable? :D
Post the entire quote if you want an answer.

And ftm, read it! I dont even consider any worship reasonable so your q makes no sense.

Last edited:

Alex2022

Hey Buddy,
Do you know about soulmate calculator if No, then let's go...

You may 'measure love compatibility and your chances of a successful relationship' with someone using the online love calculator. Simply enter your name and the name of the other person, then click or push the 'Calculate Love Percent' button.

:):):):):):):):):):):):)

I typed in my name and the name of a long-time female acquaintance. The final score was 73 percent. After that, I tried my name and my ex's name. The final score was 71 percent. Finally, I typed in my RF username and Elizabeth Taylor just for fun. Surprisingly, the outcome was 84 percent!

Please give it a shot and let us know how it goes!:):):):)

Those of you are who religious, do you find the concept of worshipping your soul to be blasphemous?

My opinion: I propose that the soul is God itself. Man is separated into two distinct entities: the ego and the inner self (soul). Ego is what makes you, well, you. It is the “I” in your consciousness. The soul is connected fully with God. There is no separation between the soul and God, as there is between the ego and God.

Atman is within Brahman, right?

I believe the soul to be God itself. If God is worthy of worship, then is my soul worthy of worship?

What does worship even mean?

If I’m not restricted by theistic beliefs, worshipping myself would seem to be having faith in my own higher power. I believe every human to have the ability to access the power of God through using their thinking mind and soul.

To even say “my” soul is my ego being counter intuitive.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Worship belongs to the Creator alone and there is nothing like him, so, I do consider it disbelief in God to believe we are worthy of worship.

Chandan Kooner

We should adore the one who is worthy of our adoration and who loves and saves us through grace made possible by the life and death that is god.