• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Jesus in the Quran the same in the Bible?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
You of all people, shouldn't be talking about credibility, Outhouse! What a laugh........

ankarali

I don't know much about Jesus in the bible but I can explain Jesus (peace be upon with him) in the Coran. 1-Jesus is a prophet, a big prophet. 2-He was born without a father as a miracle of the God. 3-He talked immediately as soon as he was born and then jewish people are afraid to punish Mary (peace be upon her) 4-He has many miracles but most of his miracles were in the medical sector 5-he had follower, 12 followers but one of them betrayed him 6-he was living in the deserted places, in the mountains etc. 7-he was very poor8-one of his follower betrayed him and he squealed his place to the jewish people for some silver coins 9- but as a miracle of the God, Judah faces and voice turned as Jesus faces and voice and Jesus was taken by the God to a safer place. 10-Jewish people thoutgh that Judah was the Jesus and the crucified Judah instead of Jesus. 11-Jesus is still alive and he will come back to our World at the end of the time. He is living as prophet Elijah (peace be upon with him).
After these explanations I give my personal thought I think Jesus was stopped communism in the World in the spiritural area. This is my personal opinion and he will also help us to stop terrorism in our days.

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Jesus in the Quran:

"..WE GAVE JESUS THE SON OF MARY CLEAR SIGNS AND STRENGTHENED HIM WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT"

HOLY QURAN 2:87

"..O MARY! GOD GIVETH THEE GLAD TIDINGS OF A WORD FROM HIM: HIS NAME WILL BE CHRIST JESUS, THE SON OF MARY.."

HOLY QURAN 3:45

"..CHRIST JESUS THE SON OF MARY WAS (NO MORE THAN) AN APOSTLE OF GOD.."

HOLY QURAN 4:171

"..AND IN THEIR (the previous Prophets') FOOTSTEPS WE SENT JESUS THE SON OF MARY.."

HOLY QURAN 5:49

"AND ZAKARIYA AND JOHN, AND JESUS AND ELIAS: ALL IN THE RANKS OF THE RIGHTEOUS:"

HOLY QURAN 6:85

These two Scriptures from the Bible agree that Jesus is not God, nor totally equal to God:

John 14:28
English Standard Version (ESV)
(28)You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

1 Corinthians 8:6
(6) yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist,...

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
These two Scriptures from the Bible agree that Jesus is not God, nor totally equal to God:
(28)You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
(6) yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist,...

So, Jesus was not G-d in any sense of the world, yet strange many Christians believe in Trinity. It is for them Quran mentions:

[5:73]Indeed they are disbelievers who say, ‘Surely, Allah is none but the Messiah, son of Mary,’ whereas the Messiahhimselfsaid, ‘O children of Israel, worship Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord.’ Surely, whoso associates partners with Allah, him has Allah forbidden Heaven, and the Fire will be his resort. And the wrongdoers shall have no helpers.
[5:74]They are surely disbelievers who say, ‘Allah is the third of three;’ there is no God but the One God. And if they do not desist from what they say, a grievous punishment shall surely befall those of them that disbelieve.
[5:75]Will they not then turn to Allah and beg His forgiveness, while Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful?
[5:76]The Messiah, son of Mary, was only a Messenger; surely, Messengerslike unto himhad indeed passed away before him. And his mother was a truthful woman. They both used to eat food. See how We explain the Signs for their good, and see how they are turned away.
[5:77]Say, ‘Will you worship beside Allah that which has no power to do you harm or good?’ And it is Allah Who is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=5&verse=73

Quran tells in unequivocally terms as tp what real Jesus believed, said and did really. Right? Please
Regards

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
So, Jesus was not G-d in any sense of the world, yet strange many Christians believe in Trinity. It is for them Quran mentions:

[5:73]Indeed they are disbelievers who say, ‘Surely, Allah is none but the Messiah, son of Mary,’ whereas the Messiahhimselfsaid, ‘O children of Israel, worship Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord.’ Surely, whoso associates partners with Allah, him has Allah forbidden Heaven, and the Fire will be his resort. And the wrongdoers shall have no helpers.
[5:74]They are surely disbelievers who say, ‘Allah is the third of three;’ there is no God but the One God. And if they do not desist from what they say, a grievous punishment shall surely befall those of them that disbelieve.
[5:75]Will they not then turn to Allah and beg His forgiveness, while Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful?
[5:76]The Messiah, son of Mary, was only a Messenger; surely, Messengerslike unto himhad indeed passed away before him. And his mother was a truthful woman. They both used to eat food. See how We explain the Signs for their good, and see how they are turned away.
[5:77]Say, ‘Will you worship beside Allah that which has no power to do you harm or good?’ And it is Allah Who is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=5&verse=73

Quran tells in unequivocally terms as tp what real Jesus believed, said and did really. Right? Please
Regards

The Christians says that Paul says that Jesus thought it not robbery to be equal with God, but John 14:28 shows that Paul just meant that they were equal in form, but not totally equal.

outhouse

Atheistically

You have cherry picked text for content to match your personal opinion.

None of which is historical in nature to answer the question. Historically he was only a man.

But apologetically and theologically he was a divine being related to the abrahamic god concept. Plenty of verses make this connection.

His connection yo god and how much was argued for hundreds of years, before he was deemed to be one with god. This was all based on text and interpretation.

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
You have cherry picked text for content to match your personal opinion.

None of which is historical in nature to answer the question. Historically he was only a man.

But apologetically and theologically he was a divine being related to the abrahamic god concept. Plenty of verses make this connection.

His connection yo god and how much was argued for hundreds of years, before he was deemed to be one with god. This was all based on text and interpretation.

No, looking at the full context, which would include John 14:28, we see that "the Father" is "GREATER than" Jesus, and that therefore Jesus cannot be God.

outhouse

Atheistically
No, looking at the full context, which would include John 14:28, we see that "the Father" is "GREATER than" Jesus, and that therefore Jesus cannot be God.

False.

Your cherry picking one side of the story, you are not addressing the text that claims his divine nature.

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
You cannot use John to prove Paul

Nothing in John shows anything about Pauls views or defends them, as we don't know if the authors of John even knew Pauls text

Gonna go ahead and put you on ignore o.h. Want to let you know just incase you try to post to me again. :)

Best wishes at the site and in life,
Noah

outhouse

Atheistically
Quran tells in unequivocally terms as to what real Jesus believed, said and did really.

Koran does not tell or say ANYTHING credible regarding the real jesus. It has no credibility at all.

Its why no historian or scholar uses it for anything.

IT IS also why you have no sources what so ever supporting your FAITH

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Is the Jesus in the Quran the same in the Bible?

Jesus of Quran is a real human person while Jesus of Bible is mythical.
Regards
This is counter-intuitive, as both refer to the same person; albeit with differing characteristics, but still, historically, the same person.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Nope it is factual. Your opinion is irrelevant.

I believe the Bible is factual ie that it contains facts that have been verified by science. However the Bible also contains fiction. So it is with academics. There are facts and there are fictions.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You are 100% correct.

His "muffled" faith has nothing to do with any history ay any time.

I find it difficult to believe you ever have anything factual to say about me and I am speaking in reference to your history on this site.

muhammad_isa

That is correct.

They had been using the bible and wanted an Arabic version, so they made one.

Yeah, yeah .. all Abrahamic sripture has either been made-up or plagariased.. :rolleyes:
I think that you credit mankind with more intelligence than they actually have