• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the holy spirit and Mohammad (s) in the Gospels best understood by Shiite Islam?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But, he is not inside of you?

Within every human is the spiritual kingdom of light and shadow kingdom of Satanic forces, just as the Satanic Qareen (close companion) lives inside of us and whispers to us on behalf of Iblis, the same is true of the Human Guide who rules as the seat of God, and is the seat of God by which Angels even have to obey.

There is a thread I made about the reality of Ahlulbayt (a) and their accompanying believers on the journey.

Ahlulbayt spiritual station and their accompanying believers on the journey.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe the OP is in error. The Paraclete is not 1/3 God he is 100% God. The Paraclete is not a job, it is a gift to those who will receive Him. I believe it can't be about Muhammed because Muhammed is finite and the Paraclete is infinite.

2ndpillar

Salam

There seems to a mental block. Christians believe trinity is clearly described in Gospels, and holy spirit is 1/3 of God or God or a god or a job description of God. As such when Jesus (a) talked about the praised one (which is what Mohammad (s) means) coming after him and him being the holy spirit, the Christians go see it can't be about Mohammad (s), it's about the holy spirit.

Today I am going to challenge this view. Mainly, it's to look at the holy spirit as an occupied position by the chosen and anointed kings from humanity.

John 9:5 FBV
"While I'm here in the world I am the light of the world.”

The context:

As Jesus was passing by, he saw a man born blind. 2His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, why was this man born blind? Was it him who sinned, or was it his parents?”
3Jesus replied, “It wasn't because of the sins of the man or his parents. But so that what God can do may be shown in his life, 4we have to keep on doing the work of the one who sent me as long as it is still daytime. The night is coming when no one can work. 5While I'm here in the world I am the light of the world.”

This shown that night is when light of God is not bright, and when it's bright and everyone is exposed to it, it's called "day".

Jesus (a) then says he is the light of the world. He didn't say just the light of those who he preached to, but the whole world.

Now, if Jesus is the light of the world, then he is the holy spirit as long as he's here:

Guard the truth that was entrusted to you through the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

Jesus being the light of the world is synonymous with the role of the holy spirit lighting the way for the disciples, except the holy spirit is never not on earth while Jesus is only the light when he is on earth.

So the question is who occupies this position before Jesus and after Jesus?

To this, you have to remember the talk of Moses and Elijah:

Luke 9:30 FBV
Two men appeared in brilliant glory. They were Moses and Elijah, and they began to talk with Jesus.

Matthew 17:4 FBV
Peter spoke up, saying to Jesus, “Lord, it's really good to be here. If you want I'll make three shelters—one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”

Now those who witnessed Elijah knew he came, but how to prove it to those who did not witness him? For this, Jesus (a) uses philosophy that John (a) is like Elijah (a) and this is to prove Elijah (a) has come.

But how does it prove it. Well they killed John (a) the Baptist and didn't recognize him, and so if Jesus (a) ascends to heaven, it makes sense that one alive from the household of guidance be here on earth, and so this proves the wisdom of why Elijah (a) was kept alive by God.

Now if you look at the description of the praised/one often translated as comforter, it becomes obvious, it's about a person who will come in the open and teach the truth and remind them in the same way Jesus (a) reminded of the truth.

And of course, like all chosen humans, he will occupy the position of the holy spirit and is also the holy spirit just as Jesus (a) was the light of the world so long as he was in this world.

Mohammad (a) was the light of the world so long as he was in the world. Today, the light of the world is the Mahdi (a) and we await his return in public, while he is here on earth, hidden like Elijah (a) was hidden between Jesus (a) and Mohammad (a) but was the light of the world, just as John (a) was the light of the world before Jesus (a) but people didn't recognize him and killed him (John (a)).

The holy spirit is synonymous with position of the leader:

O God,
surely Thou hast confirmed Thy religion in all times
with an Imam whom Thou hast set up
as a guidepost to Thy servants
and a lighthouse in Thy lands,
after his cord has been joined to Thy cord!
Thou hast appointed him the means to Thy good pleasure,
made obeying him obligatory,
cautioned against disobeying him,
and commanded
following his commands,
abandoning his prohibitions,
and that no forward-goer go ahead of him
or back-keeper keep back from him!218
So he is the preservation of the shelter-seekers,
the cave of the faithful,
the handhold of the adherents,
and the radiance of the worlds!

-Du'a of the day of Arafa, Sahifa Sajjadiya

And as one of the subtle miracles of Quran

And Zakariya and Yahya and Isa and Elyas, all of the righteous.
(Quran, in chapter 6)

Elyas (a) (Elijah) is mentioned two times in Quran, and this is one of the places.

Yahya (John) (a) succeeded Zakariya (a), Isa (a) succeeded Yahya (a), and Elyas (a) although before Jesus (a) was born, takes on the position of the holy spirit AFTER Jesus (a) leaves to heaven.

This verse is a miracle, and to understand it, like many verses in Quran, is to understand the essence of Islam.

Mohammad is a adjective, which means "praised one" or "blessed one", and with respect to the original writings on the dome of the rock wall, is about the false notion of the Trinity with respect to Yeshua. It was referring to Yeshua, and not some made up figure supposedly living in Mecca, the place one bows. The narrative of Islam was written in the 9th and the 10th century by slaves or sons of captured slaves whose background was Abrahamism, or the Persian Zoroasterism. The original place where one bowed down, the Kaaba was at the temple in Jerusalem. The Quran was written without vowels, and the MHMD representing Mohammad, was referring to the temple, bride of Christ, the New Jerusalem, whose representation was with Yeshua as the bridegroom, which some Muslim scholars teach, was mentioned in the Song of Solomon, which was in reference to Jerusalem and not a prophecy about "Mohammad". Abraham, with a bunch of elephants, nor Solomon lived in Mecca as written in the Quran, they lived in Jerusalem, and the elephants would refer to the elephants of the Seleucid empire which which conquered Jerusalem and the Jews. History shows the Seleucid empire traded part of its Eastern empire to the rulers of India for 500 elephants. No elephants could live in the desolate area of Mecca, nor did Solomon live there. Solomon built the Temple with the holy of holies (Kaaba)(place of bowing) in Jerusalem. The whole narrative of Islam is simply taken from characters and places from the north, the land of Abraham, Ur and Judea, which is now Iraq and Israel. The oldest Sana'a Quran fragments, which were Abrahamic in character, are dated prior to the fictional character called Mohammad. It was Sana'a and Petra, which were the trading centers with fruit trees, not Mecca, and the fictional character of Mohammad sent someone to Sana'a to destroy their Kaaba, which historically preceded the Kaaba which was original transferred from Jerusalem, after 70 AD to Petra, before being transferred to Mecca in 70th year of the Muslim calendar. All the original prayer walls of Islam faced Petra, and not Mecca. It was not until the 8th century that the prayer wall started to face Mecca. Do a google map search. Islam no longer can affectively cut off the heads of everyone who questions their narratives, and therefore their narratives, written over 200 years after the supposed murder of Mohammad, are doomed to the scrap heap of history. Only 15% of Muslim's can read Arabic, and it is not the same Arabic script used in Mecca at the time of the supposed Mohammad. They, like the "Christians", think they are saved for heaven, by believing their false prophets, Mohammad and Paul. Not going to happen. The Quran says that Yeshua was a prophet of God, maybe the Christians and Muslims should start reading what he actually is purported to have said. Keep in mind that according to the Muslim narrative, Mohammad met a "Christian" monk, Bahira, near Mount Sinai when he was around 12 years old, which set him on his path.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Mohammad is a adjective, which means "praised one" or "blessed one", and with respect to the original writings on the dome of the rock wall, is about the false notion of the Trinity with respect to Yeshua. It was referring to Yeshua, and not some made up figure supposedly living in Mecca, the place one bows. The narrative of Islam was written in the 9th and the 10th century by slaves or sons of captured slaves whose background was Abrahamism, or the Persian Zoroasterism. The original place where one bowed down, the Kaaba was at the temple in Jerusalem. The Quran was written without vowels, and the MHMD representing Mohammad, was referring to the temple, bride of Christ, the New Jerusalem, whose representation was with Yeshua as the bridegroom, which some Muslim scholars teach, was mentioned in the Song of Solomon, which was in reference to Jerusalem and not a prophecy about "Mohammad". Abraham, with a bunch of elephants, nor Solomon lived in Mecca as written in the Quran, they lived in Jerusalem, and the elephants would refer to the elephants of the Seleucid empire which which conquered Jerusalem and the Jews. History shows the Seleucid empire traded part of its Eastern empire to the rulers of India for 500 elephants. No elephants could live in the desolate area of Mecca, nor did Solomon live there. Solomon built the Temple with the holy of holies (Kaaba)(place of bowing) in Jerusalem. The whole narrative of Islam is simply taken from characters and places from the north, the land of Abraham, Ur and Judea, which is now Iraq and Israel. The oldest Sana'a Quran fragments, which were Abrahamic in character, are dated prior to the fictional character called Mohammad. It was Sana'a and Petra, which were the trading centers with fruit trees, not Mecca, and the fictional character of Mohammad sent someone to Sana'a to destroy their Kaaba, which historically preceded the Kaaba which was original transferred from Jerusalem, after 70 AD to Petra, before being transferred to Mecca in 70th year of the Muslim calendar. All the original prayer walls of Islam faced Petra, and not Mecca. It was not until the 8th century that the prayer wall started to face Mecca. Do a google map search. Islam no longer can affectively cut off the heads of everyone who questions their narratives, and therefore their narratives, written over 200 years after the supposed murder of Mohammad, are doomed to the scrap heap of history. Only 15% of Muslim's can read Arabic, and it is not the same Arabic script used in Mecca at the time of the supposed Mohammad. They, like the "Christians", think they are saved for heaven, by believing their false prophets, Mohammad and Paul. Not going to happen. The Quran says that Yeshua was a prophet of God, maybe the Christians and Muslims should start reading what he actually is purported to have said. Keep in mind that according to the Muslim narrative, Mohammad met a "Christian" monk, Bahira, near Mount Sinai when he was around 12 years old, which set him on his path.

What you said is interesting but is side-tracking the topic of the OP.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
As such when Jesus (a) talked about the praised one (which is what Mohammad (s) means) coming after him and him being the holy spirit, the Christians go see it can't be about Mohammad (s), it's about the holy spirit.
I did a biblegateway.com search for "the praised one" to see what you were referring to, but there is no instance of Jesus using this expression. I checked both the KJV and NIV.

Jesus never talked about Muhammad. He lived hundreds of years before Muhammad was born.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I did a biblegateway.com search for "the praised one" to see what you were referring to, but there is no instance of Jesus using this expression. I checked both the KJV and NIV.

Jesus never talked about Muhammad. He lived hundreds of years before Muhammad was born.

It's often translated as comforter but there is proof this a mistranslation and before it used to be translated differently. Anyways, whether comforter or praised one, to me it's a Prophesy of Mohammad (S).

IndigoChild5559

It's often translated as comforter but there is proof this a mistranslation and before it used to be translated differently. Anyways, whether comforter or praised one, to me it's a Prophesy of Mohammad (S).
I see no reason why the translators would deliberately mistranslate the word.

I realize you think it is Muhammad, but to me that's really stretching it beyond all reason.

1. the early church had an established belief in the Holy Spirit coming.

2. it is not reasonable to assume Jesus was talking about someone born 600 years later. If that had been the case, there would have been no reason for the belief that Jesus had to heaven that quickly -- there is a definite sense of urgency in the verse.

Just for the record, I don't believe Christian teaching. I believe Jesus is not God, the Holy spirit is not a separate person from the Father, etc. Nor do I believe that Muhammad is a prophet.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see no reason why the translators would deliberately mistranslate the word.

I realize you think it is Muhammad, but to me that's really stretching it beyond all reason.

1. the early church had an established belief in the Holy Spirit coming.

2. it is not reasonable to assume Jesus was talking about someone born 600 years later. If that had been the case, there would have been no reason for the belief that Jesus had to heaven that quickly -- there is a definite sense of urgency in the verse.

Just for the record, I don't believe Christian teaching. I believe Jesus is not God, the Holy spirit is not a separate person from the Father, etc. Nor do I believe that Muhammad is a prophet.

Whether you believe it or not:

(1) Jesus (a) himself explained what he meant by son of God, one with God, that Jews were taking his statements out of context and what he meant is the same as "sons of God" in Psalms for example.
(2) Praised/Thanked one, was the common translation for centuries, this mistranslation is more recent as comforter, but in any case, it's still about Mohammad (s).
(3) As for the holy spirit - as explained, Jesus (a) showed he was that position as long as he was in this world by his words that he is the light of the world as long as he in this world, and so there is always light of God, God's word, God's image on earth which is the door of God and path of god.
(4) You should read the OP.
(5) Church is not chosen by God and hence what they say about Bible is not binding.
(6) Gospels correct the rest of Bible, in showing all anointed kings by God had a sacred holy position that was their position as light of the world and everything Jesus (a) explains about himself is to show what children of Israel had in terms of John the Baptist, and previous Prophets (a). The proofs for this are many. And explaining this also proved Elijah (a) came back and why Elijah (a) didn't die as he would take the position of holy spirit between Jesus (a) and Mohammad (s).

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As for the reason they changed translation, is because people were becoming more aware of what Mohammad (s) means, and people would easily connect the two verses, and so that is why it was changed in translation and interpreted differently later.

IndigoChild5559

(6) Gospels correct the rest of Bible
The Gospels correct nothing. There is not problem with the message of the Torah or the prophets. The very fact that the gospels contradict that Torah is evidence that they are not inspired by God.

For me, the NT as well as the Quran are only intellectual curiosities. They are no different for me than, say, the Book of Mormon or the Vedas.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Gospels correct nothing. There is not problem with the message of the Torah or the prophets. The very fact that the gospels contradict that Torah is evidence that they are not inspired by God.

For me, the NT as well as the Quran are only intellectual curiosities. They are no different for me than, say, the Book of Mormon or the Vedas.

Aaron, Mariam (the first one),Solomon, Lot, and Saul (the first one), are all first chosen and honored by God, but then they turn bad. This is an inconsistency in the Bible which the Gospels correct and Quran corrects.

IndigoChild5559

Aaron, Mariam (the first one),Solomon, Lot, and Saul (the first one), are all first chosen and honored by God, but then they turn bad. This is an inconsistency in the Bible which the Gospels correct and Quran corrects.
They are not chosen because they are perfect. Perfection is not the standard. There is no inconsistency here.

Sorry, but I don't accept the Quran. It is very obvious to me that Muhammad hung out with Jews and Arian Christians, and was influenced by them. Thus, when he wrote the Quran (and he did) he simply included those things he had learned, although he put his own spin on them.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They are not chosen because they are perfect. Perfection is not the standard. There is no inconsistency here.

No one is saying they are perfect, but they are chosen for a reason. One of the reasons is because God knows if they swerve shortly, they will turn back to him and their path over all is that of light and the straight path. They may slip here and there, have moments of doubt and peril, but God knew in the pre-world when his spirit was on the waters, that they were sincere and would remain on the path.

Also, they are exalted and very close to God. They are chosen for a reason.

This is an inconsistency with the Bible where emphasizes on Seth being set by God, Samuel as God's Name, etc, then goes 180 degrees against all this emphasis and has chosen ones turning evil.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry, but I don't accept the Quran. It is very obvious to me that Muhammad hung out with Jews and Arian Christians, and was influenced by them. Thus, when he wrote the Quran (and he did) he simply included those things he had learned, although he put his own spin on them.

Something to note, while Baha'allah emphasizes on his scripture and words (flowery ones) being a proof he is a Prophet, Mohammad (a) although Quran does that a few times, Quran more so then anything else emphasizes on miracles being a proof. With all the emphasis on miracles, no one would have accepted him at all, if he didn't perform them, as that would be a major contradiction and it would be all talk no show, and no one of remained on his religion if this was the case. This is because of how much Quran emphasizes on miracles - and would bring the issue disbelievers would be turning away from them and God keeps showing such signs as proofs - and they keep turning away, no one would have believed him if they didn't witness miracles themselves, and that it was just all talk no show.

This is something to think about. Not too much to do with this topic, but, just something to think about.

IndigoChild5559

Something to note, while Baha'allah emphasizes on his scripture and words (flowery ones) being a proof he is a Prophet, Mohammad (a) although Quran does that a few times, Quran more so then anything else emphasizes on miracles being a proof. With all the emphasis on miracles, no one would have accepted him at all, if he didn't perform them, as that would be a major contradiction and it would be all talk no show, and no one of remained on his religion if this was the case. This is because of how much Quran emphasizes on miracles - and would bring the issue disbelievers would be turning away from them and God keeps showing such signs as proofs - and they keep turning away, no one would have believed him if they didn't witness miracles themselves, and that it was just all talk no show.

This is something to think about. Not too much to do with this topic, but, just something to think about.
Sorry, but I don't accept the writings of Baha'i either. The Baha'u'llah is not more the messiah than Jesus was, and for the same reasons -- that he didn't fulfill the messianic prophecies. Be well.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry, but I don't accept the writings of Baha'i either. The Baha'u'llah is not more the messiah than Jesus was, and for the same reasons -- that he didn't fulfill the messianic prophecies. Be well.

I don't accept Baha'ullah either, but I'm saying he didn't emphasize on miracles like the Quran does as proofs. He emphasized on mostly his writing, same with the Bab.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe the word paraclete breaks down to Para = alongside and cletos = glory. There is no praise in those Greek words. The context is never about a single person but is about everyone who receives.

Muffled

Jesus in me
As for the reason they changed translation, is because people were becoming more aware of what Mohammad (s) means, and people would easily connect the two verses, and so that is why it was changed in translation and interpreted differently later.

I believe there is no proof of a change.

Actually there are several different words used to translate the same word because the concept of the Greek word is difficult to translate into English. I use the Greek word which is understandable like the word parachute. Why would one try to translate that into English? The word is fine by itself.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I don't accept Baha'ullah either, but I'm saying he didn't emphasize on miracles like the Quran does as proofs. He emphasized on mostly his writing, same with the Bab.

I believe I would not have recognized the Qu'ran as a God inspire book from miracles. Just how does one do that? After all the devil can do miracles also.

I do agree that the B men are writing religious philosophy but that does not make what they say useless. It just is not from God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe I would not have recognized the Qu'ran as a God inspire book from miracles. Just how does one do that? After all the devil can do miracles also.

I do agree that the B men are writing religious philosophy but that does not make what they say useless. It just is not from God.

The devil can't do miracles, only God's chosen can. The Bible has talked about miracles as proof for God's chosen.