• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the end of the world thinking/view destructive ???

FFH

Veteran Member
FFH said:
It's not all gloom and doom
Panda said:
Of course it is, it just happens to involve the death and destruction of everyone who doesn't believe as you do.
It's more than that it's about the destruction of the very most wicked in this world, those who would seek to harm us if they could...

There are many in the world who would love to kill us just because we are westerners, including those in the U.K. and Isreal..

Jesus talked of the destruction of those who are now planning to destroy us...and stated that if we were not taken off this planet we would eventually be overtaken by those who are now seeking to destroy us
Panda said:
This sort of "the end is nigh" thinking is dangerous. It will encourage people to squander what they have and to care less about the planet and the effects we have on it.
I disagree. I am extremely conservative with my money and don't own a car...

I'm done with gasoline engines, eccept for the bullet bike I ride to work...

My expenses are next to nothing and I will never own another gasoline engine

If I ever buy another vehicle it will be a fully electric car or bike...

There is a company called Hybrid Technologies that has developed some awesome stuff (electric cabs in New York, sports cars, mini ("smart") cars, motorcycles, etc.

Google "Hybrid Technologies" and/or the "L1X-75" electric sports car...

Panda said:
Thinking like this should be discouraged as it is destructive and could harm both people and the planet.
hoping for a better world is destructive for the planet ???

We live in this world and make the best of what we can with it and there is absolutely no harm in wanting a perfect world renewed by Christ who created it in the first place...

We can only do so much then Christ will have to step in and meet us half way and fix this messed up planet...

Many current technologies are rapidly and more fully being developed in the alternative energy sector...

Cold fusion
Hydrogen
Magnets
Lithium

Ethanol from biomass, such as sugar caine, wood, municipal and other wastes, not just corn husks are being developed.

I have personally used ethanol in my bike and it runs like a dream, way better than gas...

If the pump was not so far away I would fill up with it every time..

I have used a 50/50 mix gas to ethanol (E85)

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Before coming here, spent my life believing (since 5/6 years old) if i could fix the Bible (21+) then could show Oneness...
So here is me teaching of ‘many nations and kings’, and decided to spread my branches from my own site and come looking for helpers…..
Yet instead since coming here, now feel hopeless…many of you, have been repeatedly telling me how all must die…. yet on further investigating of any of it, the scriptures for the guilty party are the ones going around saying this….
As for following Christ’s words, and not the sons of perdition who say "the time is near +£+$”….

Luk 18:6-9
(6) And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge said.
(7) “shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?”
(8) I tell you that “he will avenge them speedily”.
Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
(9) And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
There are many in the world who would love to kill us just because we are westerners, including those in the U.K. and Isreal.
Isn't it true that they see us as "very most evil," from their point of view? Who besides God is to say who is right? You point a finger at them, they point the same finger at you...

Maybe it's you God will sweep up in the "end days."

Booko

Deviled Hen
There are many in the world who would love to kill us just because we are westerners, including those in the U.K. and Isreal..

Good Heavens, FFH, don't tell me you've bought that political bilgewater!

Those in the rest of the world don't want to kill us because we are Westerners. They want us to get our freakin' noses out of their business and stop messing in their own countries.

Which is exactly how we would feel if another country came in and started interfering here.

hoping for a better world is destructive for the planet ???

No, but many people who subscribe to an eschatology that includes the destruction of Earth see no need to preserve anything. After all, Jesus is coming soon.

I offer for your consideration former Interior Secretary James Watt..

Interior Secretary Watt was known for gutting environmental law in this nation, and his religious belief that Jesus coming soon would make it all moot was the direct motivation for his utter failure to do his duty.

I'm pleased to see the rise of interest in the Christian community, especially among younger Chrisitans, in the idea of being a "good steward" and I hope that trend continues, because it will do a great deal to counter the negative ideas people have about Christians because of people like James Watt who came before.

We live in this world and make the best of what we can with it and there is absolutely no harm in wanting a perfect world renewed by Christ who created it in the first place...

Your version of "end times" doesn't seem to result in the Earth going up in flames, though. I suggest that different understanding of prophecy is what causes you to have a very different pov, and one that would encourage preserving the environment.
Many current technologies are rapidly and more fully being developed in the alternative energy sector...

Cold fusion
Hydrogen
Magnets
Lithium

It would be wise to delete cold fusion from that list, FFH, along with perpetual motion machines.

Ethanol from biomass, such as sugar caine, wood, municipal and other wastes, not just corn husks are being developed.

It will deplete the topsoil over time, and topsoil is not renewable. Ethanol from crops is a good stopgap measure while we develop other sources of energy, but we are fools if we think we can do that forever.

I have personally used ethanol in my bike and it runs like a dream, way better than gas...

As long as your engine is built for it. It ruined my old Honda years ago, when E15 was first available. It never had vaporlock problems before the one time I put ethanol in it. I'm not the only person who had the problem, so it's not an anomaly.

I have concerns about ethanol because of what it's made from. I have corn allergies, and while I would love to move back to the Midwest, it might make me sick to do so. My business friend has gluten/soy allergy, and if the ethanol is made from chaff or soy, that will make her sicker.

Perhaps we will both have to retire to Bulgaria.

I'm living in the South, where ethanol is not the rage, and that's probably just as well for me.

FFH

Veteran Member
Isn't it true that they see us as "very most evil," from their point of view? Who besides God is to say who is right? You point a finger at them, they point the same finger at you...

Maybe it's you God will sweep up in the "end days."
I doubt that...

"Those who tithe shall not be burned at his coming".

I have tithed all my life, so the Lord must and will keep his end of the bargain.

I doubt those who would like to see me dead are giving ten percent to any Christian church..

I am just as much a sinner as the next guy, but one difference that seperates me from the world, I tithe my income and give it to God and I flourish in the midst of a credit card society...

wizanda

Premium Member
It's deeper rooted, fake religion is the core (look at history books and spiritual), as we can't have unity as one big part of us have gone an separated them self’s from others and go around ‘dropping coals on other people’s heads.....
They also have this awful nonsensical hierarchy system that is making endless paper work for us all....
:run:

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
People who are able to look at the biggest of pictures will see the truth.

In this world, everything has a cycle. Nothing is outside of that because it is the very nature of the physical world. It doesn't matter if its animal, vegetable, or mineral. Nothing is static here.

The end of the world is an ongoing process, with the observers limited by their short lifespans. Old beliefs, civilizations, empires and the like are swept away by the passing of time.

We are fortunate to live in an age where we are fixing to witness the destruction of the world as WE know it. Thats a good thing. Maybe not for us, but people a hundred years from now will be thankful.

Are we not thankful to the scientists and inventors of a hundred years ago that have given us modern medical procedures and things that have made our lives so much easier?

All things pass away sooner or later. The more attachment you have to the old ways, the more this process is going to hurt you.

x

wizanda

Premium Member
I doubt that...
"Those who tithe shall not be burned at his coming".
I have tithed all my life, so the Lord must and will keep his end of the bargain.
I doubt those who would like to see me dead are giving ten percent to any Christian church..
I am just as much a sinner as the next guy, but one difference that seperates me from the world, I tithe my income and give it to God and I flourish in the midst of a credit card society...
.........Luk 18:10-14
(10) Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
(11) The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
(12) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
(13) And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
(14) I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
:foot:

Popeyesays

"I have concerns about ethanol because of what it's made from. I have corn allergies, and while I would love to move back to the Midwest, it might make me sick to do so. My business friend has gluten/soy allergy, and if the ethanol is made from chaff or soy, that will make her sicker."

Ethanol has its problems, as a fuel it takes about four times as much ethanol burned to provide as much energy as gasoline. So if you need 10 gallons of gasoline to get somewhere it will require forty gallons of ethanol to drive the same distance on the same road.

As an additive in small amounts it provides more oxygen in combustion for the gasoline to burn hotter, by itself it does not do that.

Hybrids are the way of the future. But most who believe the world will see Jesus sometime in the next couple years do not look to the future much at all.

Regards,
Scott

FFH

Veteran Member
Good Heavens, FFH, don't tell me you've bought that political bilgewater!

Those in the rest of the world don't want to kill us because we are Westerners. They want us to get our freakin' noses out of their business and stop messing in their own countries.

Which is exactly how we would feel if another country came in and started interfering here.
You've obviously never seen a beheading Alqueada style...

No, but many people who subscribe to an eschatology that includes the destruction of Earth see no need to preserve anything. After all, Jesus is coming soon.
No, many do care about the quality of air we breathe, the depleting ozone layer, acid rain, etc. etc. You'll soon find that out when Mitt Romney steps up and speaks out concerning these extremely important issues.

I offer for your consideration former Interior Secretary James Watt..
Horrible...

Interior Secretary Watt was known for gutting environmental law in this nation, and his religious belief that Jesus coming soon would make it all moot was the direct motivation for his utter failure to do his duty.
Stupidity on his part.

I'm pleased to see the rise of interest in the Christian community, especially among younger Chrisitans, in the idea of being a "good steward" and I hope that trend continues, because it will do a great deal to counter the negative ideas people have about Christians because of people like James Watt who came before.
Out with the old in with the new...

Your version of "end times" doesn't seem to result in the Earth going up in flames,
Yeah the earth will not be purified with fire until the end of the 1000 year reign of Christ on the earth, which would be approximately 3,000 A.D. according to the Biblical timetable... I
suggest that different understanding of prophecy is what causes you to have a very different pov, and one that would encourage preserving the environment.
Well don't get me wrong, I believe this earth will be completely renewed, but only when we get our act together and start trying to heal the environment, but it may be too late and all we can do is slow it down until Christ steps in and saves the planet, literally, from our own destruction...

The earth is already pretty much beyond repair, so all we can do is delay it's destruction, which we have brought upon it...

It would be wise to delete cold fusion from that list, FFH, along with perpetual motion machines.
No way, cold fusion was developed right here at the University of Utah and is being developed as a "free energy" source of power for cars, homes, businesses, etc..as are magnets...

See www.SolarEnergyLimited.com (this company has just recently aquired www.D2fusion.com whom the main develper of cold fusion, back in 1989 at the University of Utah, works for).

See also www.Steorn.com

It will deplete the topsoil over time, and topsoil is not renewable. Ethanol from crops is a good stopgap measure while we develop other sources of energy, but we are fools if we think we can do that forever.
The E-coli bacteria has been harnessed to convert any biodegradable waste into glycerine or glycose which will then be converted to ethyl alcohol (ethanol)

Only waste materials are needed, which this earth has more than enough of...

Paper mills produce enormous amounts of waste, as do saw mills, which are ideal for biomass production of ethanol.

Ethanol will be made from all biodegradable waste materials, which are currently just being used as landfill...

As long as your engine is built for it. It ruined my old Honda years ago, when E15 was first available. It never had vaporlock problems before the one time I put ethanol in it. I'm not the only person who had the problem, so it's not an anomaly.
I have an 87 Honda Accord and I know what you mean, the old carbureted engines were not that great, but fuel injection solved that problem of vapor lock...

All or most all cars made now can take ethanol and are made to automatically adjust to ethanol with absolutely no problems...

I am done with Hondas tho and gas engines eccept for my bike, which I have run 50 percent ethanol with no problems, even have done full ethanol, but needed to adjust fuel air mixture...

It runs like a dream with a 50/50 mix gas and E85. It's like a turbo boost...

My bike is also a Honda but with dual racing carburetors and can handle the ethanol no problem....

I have concerns about ethanol because of what it's made from. I have corn allergies, and while I would love to move back to the Midwest, it might make me sick to do so. My business friend has gluten/soy allergy, and if the ethanol is made from chaff or soy, that will make her sicker.
The finished product is nothing more than ethyl alcohol, basically the same thing that's found in wines and beers...

Perhaps we will both have to retire to Bulgaria.
Ethanol is a clean burning fuel and it is much much much less toxic than gas and less harmful and dangerous...

It burns clean with no smell other than a burnt clean smell if that makes any sense.

I have suffered from tons of various different allergies and ethonol does not affect me in the slightest.

All the major gas stations will soon be selling it..

I'm living in the South, where ethanol is not the rage, and that's probably just as well for me.
Get ready for a big takeover in this country, as is already happening in South America and Europe..

Remember it's not the corn they are using it's the husks and all other farming waste materials, like sugar cane wastes after the sugar cane has been harvested...

The wood and paper mill industry has been throwing it's waste out and it has piled up over the years and been used as land fill..

Alll we have to do is tap into that waste and use it...

It's stuff that was previously burned or thrown out...now being used as an alternative fuel..

The Formula 500 racing cars are all going ethanol now as will Nascar...

Bill Gates also boasts of having no paper in his company, in order to help save the environemen, it's all electronically handled...

I try to use as little paper as possible, by following his example...

You will soon see that there is a new breed of Christians who are extremely environmentally conscience.

The LDS church as invested nearly a million dollars in Pacific Ethanol (PEIX Nasdaq ticker) the largest producer of corn waste ethanol in the country based in California...

FFH

Veteran Member
If I were to ask who on the forum fills up with ethanol or who has ever filled up with ethanol, even once, I doubt many could say they had...

If you have a Ford Taurus 2000 or newer your car, for instnce, is set up to take ethanol and will automatically adjust to it..

If I were to ask any member on the forum if they knew where the nearest E85 (ethanol) pump was I doubt anyone would even know...

Or if I asked what E85 was not many are even familiar with what it is...

www.E85Fuel.com

www.E85.com

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
If I were to ask who on the forum fills up with ethanol or who has ever filled up with ethanol, even once, I doubt many could say they had...

If you have a Ford Taurus 2000 or newer your car, for instnce, is set up to take ethanol and will automatically adjust to it..

If I were to ask any member on the forum if they knew where the nearest E85 (ethanol) pump was I doubt anyone would even know...

Or if I asked what E85 was not many are even familiar with what it is...

www.E85.com

You'd be right in my case.:eek: We just bought a new car - and it isn't in the list; but we chose it because the emissions are minimal (compared with other cars). We have also had a condensing boiler installed that only gives out water vapour..........

Just triyng........

Popeyesays

Actually the Salt Lake cold fusion process fizzled out, but in Oxnard California they are using new methods that work, but still don't reach a break even point for power required to start the reaction way more than power shich can be drawn from the reaction. In this new method a lithium tantalide crystal is immersed in a hydrogen filled chamber and raising the temprature of the crustal from -35 to 45 degrees creates an intense magnetic field. The tip of a metallic needle is inserted near the crystal and the resulting charge will fuse individual atoms of hydrogen.

But no break even reactions yet, even though the experiment has been repeated several time.

Regards,
Scott

wizanda

Premium Member
Since 5 years old (exhaust pipe height) cars made me choke, so not driving something i know harms nature...so no ethanol

Booko

Deviled Hen
You've obviously never seen a beheading Alqueada style...

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the blowback of our foreign policy, FFH. Funny how there was nothing like Al-Qaeda beheading Americans when we were minding our own business. Supporting gov'ts that oppress the people there doesn't exactly make friends or influence people.

No, many do care about the quality of air we breathe, the depleting ozone layer, acid rain, etc. etc. You'll soon find that out when Mitt Romney steps up and speaks out concerning these extremely important issues.
I hope he does, but then I do not expect Romney to take the view that certain Protestants do, because his vision of "end times" is likely to be much different.

The earth is already pretty much beyond repair, so all we can do is delay it's destruction, which we have brought upon it...
Oh, what we know of the history of the Earth shows it manages to come back into balance after the most extreme events, so I wouldn't say it's beyond repair as much as it's changing and we will have to change with it. Let's hope we don't get to far down that path and that Greenland ice sheet ends up in the Atlantic. Although even that would have a silver lining...people would probably move back to Greenland.

No way, cold fusion was developed right here at the University of Utah and is being developed as a "free energy" source of power for cars, homes, businesses, etc..as are magnets...

See www.SolarEnergyLimited.com (this company has just recently aquired www.D2fusion.com whom the main develper of cold fusion, back in 1989 at the University of Utah, works for).

See also www.Steorn.com
Thanks for the links. I will check these out.

The E-coli bacteria has been harnessed to convert any biodegradable waste into glycerine or glycose which will then be converted to ethyl alcohol (ethanol)

Only waste materials are needed, which this earth has more than enough of...
I wasn't addressing biofuels made from waste. If we can make that work, it beats tossing the stuff in landfills. I was only addressing growing crops to produce ethanol.

I am done with Hondas tho and gas engines eccept for my bike, which I have run 50 percent ethanol with no problems, even have done full ethanol, but needed to adjust fuel air mixture...
I miss my bike. But bike riding in Atlanta is like having a death wish, and my doc says I am in no condition to ride one now anyway. Dizzy spells and bike riding do NOT mix. :eek:

My dream is to retire to a small town near where I grew up, where you can walk anywhere. Or possibly to some other country where they don't worship cars quite like we do or have to cope with the distances we have.

The finished product is nothing more than ethyl alcohol, basically the same thing that's found in wines and beers...
You're dead wrong about this, FFH. For people who have food allergies, consuming ethyl alcohol made from the substance that the person is allergic to will trigger an allergic response.

It is for this reason I have to make ALL of my condiments -- ketchup, mustard, mayo, using apple cider or wine vinegar. If I buy anything off the shelf, it's made with distilled white vinegar, which is usually made from corn, and I will be sick as a dog afterwards.

Of you could watch my business partner with her gluten allergy consume ethyl alcohol made from gluten-based grains. It's kind of hard to miss her reaction, as you have to duck and cover to avoid having her projectile vomit all over you. :cover:

If you check out some of the food allergy websites, you'll see what I'm saying is true. It does matter where the ethyl alcohol comes from.

Ethanol is a clean burning fuel and it is much much much less toxic than gas and less harmful and dangerous...
As long as you don't have a fool allergy related to the source of the ethanol, in which case the stuff is highly toxic to you.

I have suffered from tons of various different allergies and ethonol does not affect me in the slightest.
Allergies to what? It makes a huge difference. It makes my business partner ill to step into a bakery, but I have no problem with it. It makes me ill to step into a movie theatre, but she has no problem with it.

If you're talking about airborne allergies like pollen and mold, you're talking apples and oranges here.

And I'm not saying gas is such a wonderful alternative overall -- people have problems with that too.

But if we go hogwild with ethanol made from wheat, corn and soybean materials, there are going to be a lot of people feeling sicker and wondering why. And there will be some of us who know why and will be forced to move to preserve our health.

Get ready for a big takeover in this country, as is already happening in South America and Europe..

Remember it's not the corn they are using it's the husks and all other farming waste materials, like sugar cane wastes after the sugar cane has been harvested...
Yes, I know. Brazil is another place I could consider moving to.

The wood and paper mill industry has been throwing it's waste out and it has piled up over the years and been used as land fill..
I know. I grew up around paper mills. ;)

Bill Gates also boasts of having no paper in his company, in order to help save the environemen, it's all electronically handled...
I'd like to see that happen. I'm wondering though why companies are telling me how wonderful their paperless billing is, as if them saving money by not having to mail me something somehow benefits *me*, who still at this point has to print out the bill and file it just to keep the IRS happy. If they want me to do paperless billing, they can take some money off my bill -- they're paying less and I'm spending more of my time. [/pet peeve]

I try to use as little paper as possible, by following his example...
Me too, and I compost a great deal of what I do use. My part of Georgia had what little topsoil there is destroyed by bad agricultural methods during the cotton growing period. I have 4 nice inches of nifty black topsoil, though, and that's only after a few years. I swipe all my neighbors leaves too.

You will soon see that there is a new breed of Christians who are extremely environmentally conscience.
I'm watching the growth of that breed with interest and hope they continue the move to being the good stewards we're all called to be.

The LDS church as invested nearly a million dollars in Pacific Ethanol (PEIX Nasdaq ticker) the largest producer of corn waste ethanol in the country based in California...
*reminds self not to move to CA*

Actually, I'm hoping that worst case scenario I can just move to somewhere remote enough and with enough air circulation to alleviate the problem. Northern Michigan would do. Heck, maybe I should move to Grayling and visit the Latvian Intelligence Officers there. :D

FFH

Veteran Member
Since 5 years old (exhaust pipe height) cars made me choke, so not driving something i know harms nature...so no ethanol
Ethanol is crystal clear and burns clean. unlike gas.

If you were to smell the tail pipe you would not choke or be unable to breath.

When I mix 50/50 gas ethanol the gas burns more completely.

I Get 5 to 10 percent better fuel economy and 5 to 10 percent better horse power and top speed on my bullet bike..

Top speed goes from 110 to 115 and mileage jumps from about 57 t0 60 miles to the gallon and it naturally cleans out my carburetor.

The first time I put ethanol in my bullet bike there was a very noticeable difference when it first kicked in...

Just posting this stuff to show all I am aware of alternative fuel and other "free" or perpetual energy technologies and actively invest my money in these new technologies...

Some good investments are:

Nasdaq ticker symbols

PEIX (Pacific Ethanol our ot California)
XNL (X Ethanol out of Colorado)
CETH (Convergence Ethanol based in California with processing plants in Canada)
SLRE (Solar Renewable Energies, which has merged with D2 Fusion of which the original developer of Cold Fusion from the U of U works for)
HYBT (Hybrid Technologies ~ Electric car, bike, etc specialists)

Just to name a few

I am well aware of the new alternative energy developements and embrace them..

Simple kits can be installed on any car which will convert them to hydrogen hybrids, which I would do if I drove a car, which I don't...

I prefer my 60 miles to the gallon bullet bike, which is much faster and funner to drive than any gas guzzling, insurance money sucking, repair monger vehicle....

I spent too much money maintaining and fueling my last car, which I still have, just refuse to repair, insure and fuel it. Waaaayyyy tooo much money spent on our vehicles..

I now spend 27 dollars a month on gas and 6 dollars a month on insurance and maintanence is maybe 5 dollars a month.

Cheap cheap cheap....

I save soooo much money not owning a car, but would consider a fully electric vehicle, car or motorcycle, when they are more fully developed and the price comes down...

gnostic

The Lost One
:biglaugh:

I :hearts: your avatar, Booko.

How is the henhouse? Are you jamming up in the henhouse? :p

witness

Absolutely the thinking about the end of the world is destructive!! As spiritual beings we should be VERY mindful not to dwell on such things. The more people spending more time focusing on such horrendous thoughts will only increase the likelihood of bringing about such hideous things. People, we have the power to determine the course of our world. Never doubt this! God gave us free will and the orchastrated will of many is far, far greater then the sum of its parts. I guarantee that if enough people believe in something, God will make it true. If nothing else, be very mindful of what you think. Think about the saving of the world rather then its destruction. Try it, the world depends upon it.

Jeremiah

I believe this earth will be completely renewed...

I agree. I believe that one day when God gets a little free time. He is going to come down here and eradicate the entire human race. Making way for a more advanced, sensible and civilized race.....like the cockroach.

FFH

Veteran Member
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the blowback of our foreign policy, FFH. Funny how there was nothing like Al-Qaeda beheading Americans when we were minding our own business.
No just innocent non-Americans, as if that doesn't matter...

Many in that area are free from the opprestion of tyrants who threatened animal style cut throat beheadings if they did not believe as they believed. That oppression has been oppressed by our government and has free millions around the world because of our military presence in the world...

You need to get a better perspective of the world and what's really going on in it,

Supporting gov'ts that oppress the people there doesn't exactly make friends or influence people.
We are not oppressing the people, but evil tyrannical governments and terrorist organizations of all kinds...

Beheadings happen to non-Americans, even eight year old Chrisitan school girls on their way to school...

There was a brutal picture of a beheaded eight year old Christian girl from India I saw a while back, which changed my perception of terrorists in general. They could care less about human life, especially Christians and westerners in general...

Terrorists don't care if you're Christian or not, if you live in America they want us all dead. 9/11 is a prime example of that... All race, religions and colors were represented in those towers..

To not support our troops is to turn your back on America and what it stands for. Freedom is being granted to those in other areas of the world because that's what they want and need and the U.S. military is providing that freedom to all who want it. Freedom from basic tyrannical oppressions...

I do not expect Romney to take the view that certain Protestants do, because his vision of "end times" is likely to be much different.
The new breed of Christians is smarter than that. We see things as they really are and try to make improvements in our every day lives..

I am the most tree hugging Christian you would probably ever come across.

Again if I were to ask a simple question like do you have one or more flourescent bulbs in any of your light sockets, most would say no...

I have been using flourescent bulbs for over ten years and have an electric bill of about 30 bucks and have an energy saving (smart) plug on my refrigerator..

Lots of simple things we can do which can save us money and reduce greenhouse gases..

www.treehugger.com

Oh, what we know of the history of the Earth shows it manages to come back into balance after the most extreme events,
Uh, the ozone layer has been damaged beyond repair and is depleting each year and within a few years the earth's temperature will be a very destructive levels. Of this I am sure...

There is absolutely nothing we can do at this point, other than delay the destruction of the earth, which we have caused by polluting it by continuing to use gasoline in our cars, which many will continue to do even thought their cars are set up to take ethanol..

www.E85fuel.com

There are new pumps being installed all around the country and soon there will be no excuse not to fill up on it.

It is crystal clear and pure ethyl alcohol, which if you've ever had wine or beer then you've drunk it and are not allergic too...

Ethyl alcohol (ethanol) has nothing to do with corn and is derived from biomass waste materials of all kinds, things like citrus waste, sugar cane waste, wheat, grass, etc. etc...

Municipal (toilet) waste is included in the ethanol mix...

E-coli bacteria are now converting biomass to sugars which are then converted into ethanol...

so I wouldn't say it's beyond repair as much as it's changing and we will have to change with it. Let's hope we don't get to far down that path and that Greenland ice sheet ends up in the Atlantic. Although even that would have a silver lining...people would probably move back to Greenland.
The cycle of destruction has already begun. The ice caps are melting and the oceans are changing and ocean life is dying as is plant and animal life because of the harsh direct rays of the sun on this planet, due to the huge holes in the ozone layers that once protected the earth from the direct ultraviolet rays. We can only delay the destruction of the earth and wait for Christ to renew it himself, at this point...
Thanks for the links. I will check these out.
There are tons of good links

www.convergenceethanol.com (wood waste ethanol) This is the stock I'm watching the closest. It's at 20 cents and could take off and be a big winner as will any ethanol stock..

Branson, Gore Announce $25 Million ‘Virgin Earth Challenge ...

The Next Big Branson Idea: Virgin Fuel (TreeHugger)

Virgin Galactic

virginearthchallenge.jpg

Sir Richard Branson and Al Gore have set up a new global science and technology prize – The Virgin Earth Challenge - which will award $25 million to the individual or group who are able to demonstrate a commercially viable design which will remove at least 1 billion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide per year for at least ten years without harmful effects. The removal must have long term effects and contribute materially to the stability of the Earth’s climate. It is the largest science and technology prize ever offerred.