• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Bible Anarchist?

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
For all intents and purposes, Israel, as either a theocracy or monarchy, had a government
So does this imply that we should strive for a theocracy that is under the direct rule of God? I think so. How would we get here? And the time period where Israel was under the rule of Judges, the Bible repeatedly iterates an anarchist setting. And every man did what was right in his own eyes. Now is this an implication of an acceptance of anarchy? Biblical scholars believe there were opposing authors (groups) who put together the book. One pro monarchy and one anti monarchy. If one believes there is a single author, what is the natural conclusion then?
I believe that an anarchist society would make way for a theocratic one, one under the direct rule of God.

DNB

Christian
So does this imply that we should strive for a theocracy that is under the direct rule of God? I think so. How would we get here? And the time period where Israel was under the rule of Judges, the Bible repeatedly iterates an anarchist setting. And every man did what was right in his own eyes. Now is this an implication of an acceptance of anarchy? Biblical scholars believe there were opposing authors (groups) who put together the book. One pro monarchy and one anti monarchy. If one believes there is a single author, what is the natural conclusion then?
I believe that an anarchist society would make way for a theocratic one, one under the direct rule of God.
Well, I'm sorry, for, to me, anarchy is antithetical to all other forms of government - having a head or a hierarchy of a structured governing body.
The expression in Judges '...all did as they pleased..' was to demonstrate their defiance, not their conformity to a divine institution. Their continuous apostasy clearly displayed that fact.
Either way, no, we do not strive for a theocracy on earth, our Kingdom is in heaven, and Christ is the monarch. There will never be peace on earth, and the greatest glory of the Christian is to be martyred in Christ's name, or to sacrifice the pleasantries of life to bring others to salvation. Yes God is our Father, and Christ our Lord, and the Church is to be organized with presbyters and deacons, and I believe that that's on a congregational or local level, not anything broader than that. Therefore, I don't expect a unified governmental body for the Christian, that extends further than the local Church.