• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the bible all about Jesus Christ?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Of course.
The Conspiracy.

Thing is, geologists etc don't set out
to mess with the Bible.
The earliest scientists who brought
doubt to the f,fact, story were Christian
flood believers, who were studying flood
geology in Scotland, but found there was
no way to reconcile what they found with
flood.
Being intellectually honest, they reported what they found for what it was.

Now, as I mentioned to another, if anyone,
Christian, atheist or China an, IF they
ever anywhere found anything that could
only mean flood, it would be the greatest
scientific discovery of all time.

The Nobel would be among the least of it.

Vested interest goes opposite to what you
are postulating.

SO FAR, any and all relevant data contradicts the flood story.

There is no shortage of devout Christians,
geologists and otherwise who recognize this
and can accept that the flood story is not
literally true. Neither is "Jesus is a door ", or a lamb.

FTM, assuming against all e idence that
one has infallible Bible interpreting skill
is a very dubious thing to do, no?

I believe there is not evidence of a world wide flood but there is evidence of a local flood which is consistent with what the Bible says.

I believe Jesus is a door and lamb but not literally. Jesus is the door because one does not enter the fold unless one goes through Him and He is the lamb because He is the Passover sacrifice.

Psalm23

Claim: The Holy Bible in its entirety (i.e. both the Hebrew and Christian scriptures) is a book that is all about Jesus Christ.

Do you agree or disagree?

I heard someone claim this the other day and though it would be a good (and hopefully contentious) topic for RF :D

I see Jesus both in the Old Testament and the New Testament. I think the Scripture is all about Jesus in the sense of the focus of Jesus as the Savior of the world and his faithfulness in the lives of people both in the Old and New Testament. Israel as a nation is a big focus of the Bible. God’s faithfulness to Israel is much spoken about in the Old Testament.

2ndpillar

Claim: The Holy Bible in its entirety (i.e. both the Hebrew and Christian scriptures) is a book that is all about Jesus Christ.

Do you agree or disagree?

I heard someone claim this the other day and though it would be a good (and hopefully contentious) topic for RF :D

The crux of the law and the prophets and the testimony of Yeshua, is the kingdom of God/heaven, both in a spiritual and physical sense, depending on the time frame. The kingdom is based on laws, and the breaking of those laws results in judgment, such as the "day of the Lord" (Joel 2:28-32), whereas there will be survivors, "those who will escape", as in shown in Matthew 24:15-22. There will also be those who do not escape (Revelation 19:21).