• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is someone stealing our gift?

Zionic86

I was reading about ganja and some ancient peeps said it was a gift from the gods that the demons havent stopped trying to attack.
Do you think its possible that the fact ganja is illegal in the US is one of the "demon's" successes? Wasnt it made illegal so someone could prosper their company?

DO you think its even a gift from the "gods"

Do you think this should even be a debate topic?

Do you think ganja should be legal?

t3gah

Possession of a narcotic such as that cannibus mentioned in that link is a "no no" and criminal offense in the USA. I guess you can't really say that the authorities would be "stealing anything" while they haul whomever off to prison.

But as for making it legal, it's legal for medicinal purposes to date only. Cancer patients use it but only as physician prescribed medicine.

Also we can't really debate, well you know we could debate it but it wouldn't really do any good since "them that are they" really don't want the people using such a dangerous drug that helps cancer patients.:areyoucra

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think cannibis is overrated as a threat to the public health. The fact that it is illegal just goes to show how dumb politics gets, and does not necessarily have anything to do with Satan or demons. Zionic, how would you go about proving that Satan and/or demons were behind the prohibitions against cannibis? Do you have any evidence for believing so?

huajiro

I think all politicians should get stoned before they try to start conflicts. The world wold be a more peaceful place. I don't smoke weed, but I wish I could (I don't because of my addictive personality).

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
One line from "Saturday Night Live" that resonates here: "Duuudde?! Trying to fight a war on drugs would be so hard. I can barely go to school on drugs!"

I think that this debate is an explanation as to why we're having some other debates.

linwood

DO you think its even a gift from the "gods"
No

Do you think this should even be a debate topic?
Most definately

Do you think ganja should be legal?
Yes.

Our country spends far too much money time and effort incarcerating harmless people for doing something that is far less harmful than legal drugs.

Edit:
As a side note I found a DVD copy of "Reefer Madness" at Best Buy while Christmas shopping.

I picked it up to show my kids you can`t believe everything they teach you in school.

They used to show this movie as fact to us in junior high.

Though the police force uses up time and money stopping use of cannabis, since my friend has started using it her memory has deteriorated from excellent to completely awful. And since I don't particularly like being her calender all the time, I think it should stay illegal (except in medical cases), just as I think that smoking should be illegal. An unnecessary harm to human health.