• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Sex Better Between Friends?

Is Sex Better Between Friends?

• Yes, it's generally better between friends.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No, it's generally worse between friends.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • It's generally about the same either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Want to be friends, Sunstone, so we can find out?

• Depends. Is your hand considered a "friend"?

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other (please specify in thread)

• Total voters

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Generally speaking, do you think sex is better between friends who love each other than it is between mere lovers who are not friends? Why or why not?

I've often heard someone say that they don't want to have sex with a particular person for fear it will ruin a good friendship. I think what they might mean by that is that they fear either they or their friend will become sexually attached, but I'm not sure. Do you have any idea what folks might mean by that? If so, do you agree or disagree with them?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Generally speaking, do you think sex is better between friends who love each other than it is between mere lovers who are not friends? Why or why not?

Better.

BY FAR.

I've often heard someone say that they don't want to have sex with a particular person for fear it will ruin a good friendship. I think what they might mean by that is that they fear either they or their friend will become sexually attached, but I'm not sure. Do you have any idea what folks might mean by that? If so, do you agree or disagree with them?

I think that fear stems from the idea that sex is part of the archaic "marital economy" where man provides resources for the home and woman provides sex for the man's enjoyment or for progeny. You can't be friends with somebody that you secretly resent for offering "wifely duties" toward.

When sex is perceived as a fulfilling adventure, some trusted recreation for orgasm, or an expression of love, friendship offers the basis for all of these when detours present themselves - which are inevitable.

My husband is my best friend. I'm his best friend. That doesn't change, and we think being friends first has profoundly benefitted all facets of our marriage, including our sex life.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I'm not sure how to vote. ****ing is ****ing, and I really don't particularly care who the person is in relation to me.

Wirey

Fartist
Sex without friendship is a pretty empty experience, but as far as empty experiences go, it's probably tops.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Speaking for myself only, sex is better if I'm comfortable with the other person. I definitely don't have to be in love for sex to be great nor does the person have to be my best friend. If I feel comfortable naked and also feel confident we're going to have a good time because our mutual chemistry is good, the sex can be great. I'm speaking from memories of times long past as I've was with the same person for 15 years. I'm a free agent again so I'm hoping the old formula still works. :)

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Speaking for myself only, sex is better if I'm comfortable with the other person. I definitely don't have to be in love for sex to be great nor does the person have to be my best friend. If I feel comfortable naked and also feel confident we're going to have a good time because our mutual chemistry is good, the sex can be great. I'm speaking from memories of times long past as I've was with the same person for 15 years. I'm a free agent again so I'm hoping the old formula still works. :)

*ears perk up*

Hey, baby doll. Long time no see! :wineglass:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I think it is a good thing to like the person you have sex with: You never know, it may end up with a child being born. Even if the parents don't live together, they should at least get along for the child's sake.
;)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I would suppose so. The person I want(ed) the most was my best friend once upon a time. If there's not at least friendship, it's basically just masturbation using someone else's body.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Generally, aye. Sometimes though you'll find yourself spectacularly compatible with someone you don't really like.