• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Russia a threat to United States Interests?

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
So this is my debate topic for February for my forensics team. I tend to think that Russia is a threat to United States interests because they aid Iran, but that's really the only thing I've thought about so far. So I would hope to be able to debate from the affirmative side of this topic, but I will most likely have to debate both sides of the issue. So I thought that before I started doing major research, I would throw this out there and find out what you guys think. Is Russia a threat to the our interests? Why or why not? (And if you can cite news articles or other sources to back yourself up, you will be my new best friend. :D)

Somkid

I think Russia is only a threat unto itself at the moment and the only thing Russia needs to worry about is China.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Well, Putin did make a giant land grab at the arctic circle. The continental shelf of northern russia extents for a fairly large distance past the international water boundary, so he is trying to extend the area of ocean that Russia owns by a significant amount.