• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Quran copied from Jewish Bible/Torah? : Quran did not copy from Jewish Bible/Torah

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Please elaborate.
Regards

Muhammad received His Revelation from God from the Angel Gabriel in a cave. All the other Prophets received Their Revelation separately. Each religion has a history of how their Prophet received Their first calling to Prophethood.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I certainly do not. However I believe it is a heretical gnostic text which everyone except Islam has rejected. The Quran however is perfectly happy to plagiarize from this rejected source as if it was divinely revealed in spite of no one else believing so and this is just a single virtually unanimously rejected text among dozens the Quran plagiarized.
Any proof that these books reached Muhammad and he read them and quoted from them. Right? Please
This only shows that Christianity was a faked new religion that has hardly anything from Jesus or that had actually happened. right? Please
Christianity canonized wrong books.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I certainly do not. However I believe it is a heretical gnostic text which everyone except Islam has rejected. The Quran however is perfectly happy to plagiarize from this rejected source as if it was divinely revealed in spite of no one else believing so and this is just a single virtually unanimously rejected text among dozens the Quran plagiarized.

Please quote from the Books of one's own religion that one believes in to take credit of one's accomplishment. Please don't let the credit to go to "Gospel of Mary" a heretical book as one says:

Is Quran copied from Jewish Bible/Torah?

The Holy Quran : Chapter 55: Al-Rahman الرَّحمٰن
[6]

[55:51] In both of them there are two fountains flowing free.
[55:52] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny?
[55:53] Therein will be every kind of fruit in pairs.
[55:54] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny?
[55:55] They will recline on couches above carpets, the linings of which will be of thick brocade. And the ripe fruit of the two Gardens will be within easy reach.
[55:56] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny?
[55:57] Therein will also be chaste maidens of modest gaze, whom neither man nor Jinn will have touched before them —
[55:58] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny? —
[55:59] As if they were rubies and small pearls.
[55:60] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny?

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=55&verse=51

Please prove that the above verses have been copied/plagiarized/adapted from Jewish Bible/Torah or any other religious revealed scripture in the world by quoting from that book, the reference and providing the link.
Just impossible to do it.
Quran is authored by G-d, it is the reality.

In terms of the notion "Koran dated to before Muhamad birth."and some of the pseudo scholars also , link provided by the poster, saying this. Since Muhammad could not have plagiarized Quran from the old scriptures before his own birth, it must be thrashed out by the said pseudo-scholars, pseudo-history and the pseudo-science all together evidencing on top-priority as to from which old scriptures Muhammad recited the above verses verbatim.

Peaceful and reasonable dialogue is welcome, even if one differs with me.

Regards

arthra

Baha'i
So my view is that the Qur'an was independently received by Muhammad over some twenty years ... Now the circumstances of the revelations and timing are important ... there was a social context for them and the people around the Prophet His Companions also testify to the circumstances and relevance of the revelations...

To me the significance of the testimony of Ali ibn Abi Talib is important because he was close to the Prophet from the first revelation and survived to be the fourth Caliph so Ali was there from the beginning and certified the authenticity of the revelations:

"Not a single verse of the Quran descended upon (was revealed to) the Messenger of God which he did not proceed to dictate to me and make me recite. I would write it with my own hand, and he would instruct me as to its tafsir (the literal explanation) and the ta'wil (the spiritual exegesis), the nasikh (the verse which abrogates) and the mansukh (the abrogated verse), the muhkam and the mutashabih (the fixed and the ambiguous), the particular and the general..."[128]

Muhammad was not a literate scholar and was illiterate.

The significance of the revelation itself is also important as suggested in Hadith:

Volume 1, Book 1, Number 2:

Narrated 'Aisha:

(the mother of the faithful believers) Al-Harith bin
Hisham asked Allah's Apostle "O Allah's
Apostle! How is the Divine Inspiration revealed
to you?" Allah's Apostle replied, "Sometimes it is
(revealed) like the ringing of a bell, this form of
Inspiration is the hardest of all and then this state
passes ' off after I have grasped what is inspired.
Sometimes the Angel comes in the form of a man
and talks to me and I grasp whatever he says."
'Aisha added: Verily I saw the Prophet being
inspired Divinely on a very cold day and noticed
the Sweat dropping from his forehead (as the
Inspiration was over).

There were Jews and Christians living in Arabia and also along the caravan routes that the Arabs frequented... so there was some knowledge of the religions.

Waraqa a cousin of the wife of Khadija was reportedly a Christian who studied the scriptures and he testified that the revelations of Muhammad were from the same Source as the Holy Scriptures:

"Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the Pre-Islamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as God wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" God's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This was the same one who keeps the secrets whom Allah had sent to Moses (angel Gabriel). I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." God's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while.[11][12]

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
So my view is that the Qur'an was independently received by Muhammad over some twenty years ... Now the circumstances of the revelations and timing are important ... there was a social context for them and the people around the Prophet His Companions also testify to the circumstances and relevance of the revelations...
To me the significance of the testimony of Ali ibn Abi Talib is important because he was close to the Prophet from the first revelation and survived to be the fourth Caliph so Ali was there from the beginning and certified the authenticity of the revelations:
"Not a single verse of the Quran descended upon (was revealed to) the Messenger of God which he did not proceed to dictate to me and make me recite. I would write it with my own hand, and he would instruct me as to its tafsir (the literal explanation) and the ta'wil (the spiritual exegesis), the nasikh (the verse which abrogates) and the mansukh (the abrogated verse), the muhkam and the mutashabih (the fixed and the ambiguous), the particular and the general..."[128]
Muhammad was not a literate scholar and was illiterate.
The significance of the revelation itself is also important as suggested in Hadith:
Volume 1, Book 1, Number 2:
Narrated 'Aisha:
(the mother of the faithful believers) Al-Harith bin
Hisham asked Allah's Apostle "O Allah's
Apostle! How is the Divine Inspiration revealed
to you?" Allah's Apostle replied, "Sometimes it is
(revealed) like the ringing of a bell, this form of
Inspiration is the hardest of all and then this state
passes ' off after I have grasped what is inspired.
Sometimes the Angel comes in the form of a man
and talks to me and I grasp whatever he says."
'Aisha added: Verily I saw the Prophet being
inspired Divinely on a very cold day and noticed
the Sweat dropping from his forehead (as the
Inspiration was over).
There were Jews and Christians living in Arabia and also along the caravan routes that the Arabs frequented... so there was some knowledge of the religions.
Waraqa a cousin of the wife of Khadija was reportedly a Christian who studied the scriptures and he testified that the revelations of Muhammad were from the same Source as the Holy Scriptures:
"Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the Pre-Islamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as God wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" God's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This was the same one who keeps the secrets whom Allah had sent to Moses (angel Gabriel). I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." God's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while.[11][12]

Sorry, I don't agree with one.
Hadith, Sunni Collections or the Shia Collections, were written 250/300 years after Muhammad. Quran/Islam/Muhammad never needed it. Please
Regards

arthra

Baha'i
Sorry, I don't agree with one.
Hadith, Sunni Collections or the Shia Collections, were written 250/300 years after Muhammad. Quran/Islam/Muhammad never needed it. Please
Regards

That's of course your privilege dear paarsurrey ... !

If you study the Qur'anic verses I think you will be able to appreciate how they relate to the context of history at the time many of them were revealed..

also the verses that relate to the similar stories found in the Bible are more supplemental than mere copies of the Bible which I think kind of relates to the topic of this thread.

;)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
  1. If you study the Qur'anic verses I think you will be able to appreciate how they relate to the context of history at the time many of them were revealed.
  2. also the verses that relate to the similar stories found in the Bible are more supplemental than mere copies of the Bible which I think kind of relates to the topic of this thread.
;)
  1. Of course, it is mentioned in the history also, but the real context is given inside the Quran. The exterior is double confirmation.
  2. Yes, they are supportive of one another, but if there is a difference, then Quran is correct. One purpose of Quran is to rectify the events truthfully
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Please quote from the Books of one's own religion that one believes in to take credit of one's accomplishment. Please don't let the credit to go to "Gospel of Mary" a heretical book as one says:

[7]

[55:61] The reward of goodness is nothing but goodness.
[55:62] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny?
[55:63] And besides these two, there are two other Gardens —
[55:64] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny? —
[55:65] Dark green with foliage.
[55:66] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny?
[55:67] Therein also will be two springs gushing forth with water.
[55:68] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny?
[55:69] In both of them there will be all kinds of fruit, and dates and pomegranates. [55:70] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny?
[55:70] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny?

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=55&verse=61

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=55&verse=51

Please prove that the above verses have been copied/plagiarized/adapted from Jewish Bible/Torah or any other religious revealed scripture in the world by quoting from that book, the reference and providing the link.

In terms of the notion "Koran dated to before Muhamad birth."and some of the pseudo scholars also , link provided by the poster, saying this. Since Muhammad could not have plagiarized Quran from the old scriptures before his own birth, it must be thrashed out by the said pseudo-scholars, pseudo-history and the pseudo-science all together evidencing on top-priority as to from which old scriptures Muhammad recited the above verses verbatim.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Is Quran copied from Jewish Bible/Torah? : Quran did not copy from Jewish Bible/Torah

Nobody could prove that verse [68:41] to [68:50] of The Holy Quran : Chapter 68: Al-Qalam on page 69 posted on Mar 11, 2016#1363 have been copied/plagiarized/adapted from Jewish Bible/Torah or any other religious revealed scripture in the world by quoting from that book, giving a reference and providing the link.
It is one aspect of the fact that Quran is authored by G-d .
Muhammad did not claim that he authored the Recitation/Quran.

G-d claimed its authorship and guaranteed its security all through the ages.
Right?
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

[8]

[55:71] Therein will be maidens, good and beautiful —
[55:72] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny? —
[55:73] Fair maidens with lovely black eyes, well-guarded in pavilions —
[55:74] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny? —
[55:75] Whom neither man nor Jinn will have touched before them —
[55:76] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny? —
[55:77] Reclining on green cushions and beautiful carpets.
[55:78] Which, then, of the favours of your Lord will you twain deny?
[55:79] Blessed is the name of thy Lord, Master of Glory and Honour.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=55&verse=71

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

I have so far quoted following 55 full chapters from Quran in these threads:[Summary]

55. Al-Rahman 56. Al-Waqi`ah 57. Al-Hadid 58. Al-Mujaadilah 59. Al-Hashr60. Al-Mumtahanah
pix.gif
61. Al-Saff
62. Al-Jumu`ah 63. Al-Munafiqun 64. Al-Taghabun 65. Al-Talaq 66. Al-Tahrim 67. Al-Mulk 68. Al-Qalam 69. Al-Haqqah 70. Al-Ma`arij 71. Nooh 72. Al-Jinn 73. Al-Muzzammil 74. Al-Muddaththir 75. Al-Qiyamah 76. Al-Dahr 77. Al-Mursalat 78. Al-Naba' 79. Al-Nazi`at 80. `Abasa 81. Al-Takwir 82. Al-Infitar 83. Al-Tatfif 84. Al-Inshiqaq 85. Al-Buruj 86. Al-Tariq 87. Al-A`la 88. Al-Ghashiyah 89. Al-Fajr 90. Al-Balad
pix.gif
91. Al-Shams 92. Al-Lail 93.Al-Duha 94. Al-Inshirah 95. Al-Tin 96. Al-`Alaq 97. Al-Qadr 98. Al-Bayyinah 99. Al-Zilzal 100. Al-`Adiyat 101. Al-Qari`ah 102. Al-Takathur 103. Al-`Asr 104. Al-Humazah 105. Al-Fil 106.Al-Quraish 107. Al-Ma`un 108. Al-Kauthar 109. Al-Kafirun 110. Al-Nasr 111. Al-Lahab 112. Al-Ikhlas 113. Al-Falaq 114. Al-Nas 1. Al-Fatihah. 3. Aal-e-`Imran 14. Ibrahim

Our Jewish (or non-Jewish) friends have not been able to quote or reference places of Torah where verses of these sixty two Quranic chapters have been copied/plagiarized/adapted from.

There being 114 Surahs/chapters in Quran. Chapter-number-wise this makes more than 1/2 of Quran.

In terms of the notion "Koran dated to before Muhamad birth. " and some of the pseudo scholars also , link also provided by the poster, saying this; since Muhammad could not have plagiarized Quran from the old scriptures before his own birth, it must be thrashed out by the said pseudo-scholars, pseudo-history and the pseudo-science all together evidencing on top-priority as to from which old scriptures Muhammad recited the above verses verbatim.

We can therefore conclude with 100% certainty that 0% of verses of these chapters of Quran have been copied/plagiarized/adapted from Torah or any other scripture.
Quran is, therefore, the Word Revealed from G-d and authored by Him and is original.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

The Holy Quran : Chapter 54: Al-Qamar القَمَر
[1]

[54:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[54:2] The Hour has drawn nigh, and the moon is rent asunder.
[54:3] And if they see a Sign, they turn away and say, ‘A passing feat of magic.’
[54:4] They reject the truth and follow their own fancies. But every decree of God shall certainly come to pass.
[54:5] And there has already come to them the great news wherein is a warning —
[54:6] Consummate wisdom; but the warnings profit them not.
[54:7] Therefore turn thou away from them. The day when the Summoner will summon themto a disagreeable thing,
[54:8] While their eyes will be cast down and they will come forth from their graves as though they were locusts scattered about,
[54:9] Hastening towards the Summoner. The disbelievers will say, ‘This is a hard day.’
[54:10] The people of Noah rejected the truth before them; aye, they rejected Our servant and said, ‘A madman and one who is spurned.’
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=54

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Nobody could prove that verse [68:31] to [68:40] of The Holy Quran : Chapter 68: Al-Qalam on page 68 posted on
Mar 9, 2016 #1343 have been copied/plagiarized/adapted from Jewish Bible/Torah or any other religious revealed scripture in the world by quoting from that book, giving a reference and providing the link.

Right?
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

If you study the Qur'anic verses I think you will be able to appreciate how they relate to the context of history at the time many of them were revealed..

also the verses that relate to the similar stories found in the Bible are more supplemental than mere copies of the Bible which I think kind of relates to the topic of this thread.

;)
  1. Quran is self-explanatory, it explains its meaning the some verses before and some verses after the verse in question, to make itself clear Quran explains the subjects in different verses in Quran in different styles. Its diction also become clear if one see all the words of the word-roots used in Quran. Quran doesn't need anything else.
  2. Quran corrects the history, rather history correcting it. Sure, the verses of Quran were revealed on a particular occasion, so all of it was practically required by the humans but the verses were arranged as per the guidance provided to Muhammad by G-d as to where they should find their placed while memorizing the Quran/Recitation and in the scripture immediately by the appointed scribes.
  3. Quran corrects the narratives of Torah and other revealed scriptures of all religions of the world, supplementing them.
With these points I agree with one. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
]Is Quran copied from Jewish Bible/Torah?

[2]

[54:11] He therefore prayed to his Lord saying, ‘I am overcome, so come Thou to my help!’
[54:12] Thereupon We opened the gates of heaven, with water pouring down;
[54:13] And We caused the earth to burst forth with springs, so the two waters met for a purpose that was decreed.
[54:14] And We carried him upon that which was made of planks and nails.
[54:15] It floated on under Our eyes: a reward for him who had been rejected.
[54:16] And We left it as a Sign for the coming generations; but is there anyone who would receive admonition?
[54:17] How terrible then was My punishment and My warning!
[54:18] And indeed We have made the Qur’an easy to understand and to remember. But is there anyone who would receive admonition?
[54:19] The tribe of ‘Ad rejected the truth. How terrible then was My punishment and My warning!
[54:20] We sent against them a furious wind on a day of unending ill luck,

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=54&verse=11

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Nobody could prove that verse [68:21]to [68:30] of The Holy Quran : Chapter 68: Al-Qalam on page 67 posted on Mar 7, 2016 #1321
have been copied/plagiarized/adapted from Jewish Bible/Torah or any other religious revealed scripture in the world by quoting from that book, giving a reference and providing the link.

Right?
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

[3]

[54:21] Tearing people away as though they were the trunks of uprooted palm-trees.
[54:22] How terrible then was My punishment and My warning!
[54:23] And indeed We have made the Qur’an easy to understand and to remember. But is there anyone who would receive admonition?
[54:24] The tribe of Thamud also rejected the Warners.
[54:25] And they said, ‘What! a man, from among ourselves, a single individual! Shall we follow him? Then indeed we would be in manifest error, and would be mad.
[54:26] ‘Has the Reminder been revealed to him alone of all of us? Nay, he is a boastful liar.’
[54:27] ‘Tomorrow will they know who is the boastful liar!
[54:28] ‘We will send the she-camel as a trial for them. So watch them, O Salih, and have patience.
[54:29] ‘And tell them that the water is shared only between them, but as for the she-camel every drinking time may be attended by her.’
[54:30] But they called their comrade, and he seized a sword and hamstrung her.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=54&verse=21

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Nobody could prove that verse [68:11]to [68:20] of The Holy Quran : Chapter 68: Al-Qalam on page 66 posted on Mar 7, 2016 #1315
have been copied/plagiarized/adapted from Jewish Bible/Torah or any other religious revealed scripture in the world by quoting from that book, giving a reference and providing the link.

Right?
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

[4]

[54:31] How terrible then was My punishment and My warning!
[54:32] We sent against them a single blast, and they became like the dry stubble, trampled upon.
[54:33] And indeed We have made the Qur’an easy to understand and to remember. But is there anyone who would receive admonition?
[54:34] Lot’s people also rejected the Warners.
[54:35] We sent a storm of stones upon them except the family of Lot, whom We delivered by early dawn,
[54:36] As a favour from Us. Thus do We reward him who is grateful.
[54:37] And he indeed had warned them of Our punishment, but they doubted the warning.
[54:38] And they deceitfully sought to turn him away from his guests. So We blinded their eyes, and said, ‘Taste ye now My punishment and My warning.’
[54:39] And there came upon them early in the morning a lasting punishment.
[54:40] ‘Now taste ye My punishment and My warning.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=54&verse=31

Regards